What's new

jump kicks are too plus

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I just played some dick head on the switch that spammed d3 grab the whole game and won 2-3. My record there is 160-12 w/l. I would even block the d3 and go for my own grab and his grab out prioritized mine.

I’m literally speechless. I used my d2 krushing blowing. But the guy always got in with Jump 3 and I had to guess between d3 and another grab. It was nothing else. Just a whole set of this.

This could easily me remedied with reducing the plus frames of jump kicks.

This isn’t a get good scenario. I’ve played a some really good players on here.

No Superman cancels from this guy. Just teleport. D3. Grab. And it worked.

I can’t tech that many times.

Can nrs just add some quality of life changes to this poke war jump kick nonsense.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do you have any video footage?
Because if Jump kicks are hitting low enough then they're definitely plus, but they are also easily anti-air-able
If they are hitting high enough they are not plus and you can actually launch after you flawless block them, duck under earliest ones, and in many cases use a vertical hitbox normal to anti-air them.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Because if Jump kicks are hitting low enough then they're definitely plus, but they are also easily anti-air-able
If they are hitting high enough they are not plus and you can actually launch after you flawless block them, duck under earliest ones, and in many cases use a vertical hitbox normal to anti-air them.

Thanks. I know this is a little rant like, but the connection wasn’t great either. I usually try to any air with stand 1. But this was basically like playing scorpion with unlimited teleport cancels. Teleport d3 grab. Rinse repeat. And then the occasional jump 3. There was no way I was flawless blocking this. I don’t get mad if I lose to someone who outplayed me. I’ll learn from it and on to the next one. I’ll try to upload the March replay from the switch if I can figure it out.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
I just played some dick head on the switch that spammed d3 grab the whole game and won 2-3. My record there is 160-12 w/l. I would even block the d3 and go for my own grab and his grab out prioritized mine.

I’m literally speechless. I used my d2 krushing blowing. But the guy always got in with Jump 3 and I had to guess between d3 and another grab. It was nothing else. Just a whole set of this.

This could easily me remedied with reducing the plus frames of jump kicks.

This isn’t a get good scenario. I’ve played a some really good players on here.

No Superman cancels from this guy. Just teleport. D3. Grab. And it worked.

I can’t tech that many times.

Can nrs just add some quality of life changes to this poke war jump kick nonsense.
Just duck bro

Might depend on character but Scorpions jump in kick is +3 at max height (vs Jade for my test)

Also worth noting jump in kicks have less active frames. So that +3 Scorpion kick will whiff vs neutral duck for a full punish.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
It’s a guess between throw or or mid at that point. I just feel like Raiden is really underrated. Watching Kombat vs semiij now and semiij was so on point with the teleport reads
Ohh ok it was raiden, but yea people do the whole jump kick grab thing all the time . When I duck and D2 KB for 40% they usually stop grabbing lol
But if there crazy enough to try again I duck and punish for 30% and other times I guess wrong and I eat a mid but thats the risk. The last thing is to play footsies n stay out of grab range.
My advice to you is go to practice mode and set Raiden to Jump kick grab for the first recording, on the second have him jump kick mid. Then set playback to random and try to block the mid and react to the grab by teching or ducking. This helped me ALOT

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Online is the problem. Its a completely different game than offline. 4-12f lag = no reaction, anti airs, counter pokes etc basically all fundamentals go out the window online.

Offline you can easily stop any jump in kick or D3.
  • Anti air jump in kick on reaction. At max hight its +3 at lowest connect its around +14 but the lower they go the easier it is to anti.
  • counter poke their poke and problem solved, on hit you can go into a jailing high or throw.
But since your online they can get away with tons of garbage gameplay they wouldn't at locals.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Might depend on character but Scorpions jump in kick is +3 at max height (vs Jade for my test)

Also worth noting jump in kicks have less active frames. So that +3 Scorpion kick will whiff vs neutral duck for a full punish.
Is this universal. Neutral duck jump kicks ?

The Superman cancel into j3 seem a ton be a go to for good Raiden players. Not this one though.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
D3'ing him after his jump ins would be best so you don't have to guess between a throw and a d3. At least if his d3 beats yours, you eating 30-40 damage instead of 140 or simply try to react to his jump in. :)

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
D3'ing him after his jump ins would be best so you don't have to guess between a throw and a d3. At least if his d3 beats yours, you eating 30-40 damage instead of 140 or simply try to react to his jump in. :)
I’m playing kabal, by the way. His d3 is pretty bad...

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
If we’re being honest, the damage buff that throws got in this game is a bit too much. Bringing it back to 12% would actually normalize grab heavy character like scorpion and Geras.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
If we’re being honest, the damage buff that throws got in this game is a bit too much. Bringing it back to 12% would actually normalize grab heavy character like scorpion and Geras.
Alot of characters Are based around stagger throw mix and needing throw damage is not the way to go.
It wouldn't make a big impact reducing 2% and I think they are fine.

Is this universal. Neutral duck jump kicks ?
Not universal. Kicks with the "Baraka" type downward hitbox will generally beat this, but

General rule for me is if its so early it counts as a mid then I can probably neutral duck punish it. I'd wager this applies to more than half the cast after trying with Kabal, Noob, Scorpion, and Lao. Kabal in particular can be +4 with a jump in kick that is so dam early that it hits mid, but you still can just neutral duck it