What's new

Jump-in jail?

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Quick question: just had a match where a buddy of mine playing Black Adam was able to Lightning Strike out of a blocked jump-in (OH) which took priority over Black Manta's 8f D2 (i.e., the D2 never even went off) despite being at at least -36 afterward (at least -10 for the jump-in + 26 startup frames on the Lightning). I think there's something rudimentary I'm missing about how frame data works in this game and would appreciate some insight. Gracias!

Quick question: just had a match where a buddy of mine playing Black Adam was able to Lightning Strike out of a blocked jump-in (OH) which took priority over Black Manta's 8f D2 (i.e., the D2 never even went off) despite being at at least -36 afterward (at least -10 for the jump-in + 26 startup frames on the Lightning). I think there's something rudimentary I'm missing about how frame data works in this game and would appreciate some insight. Gracias!
Jump in 2 has huge cancel advantage therefore it is "very plus" in case of cancelling it to a normal or special, too that's why it could happen.
E.g. you can simply combo off jump in on hit easily with canelling it. And of couse you can pressure after jump in 2 as it will be so plus to start your strings (or even a special).

Just for more explanation: cancelling jump in 2 means pressing buttons fast after jump in 2 before it actually hits the opponent (or very close to it). :)
It is quite basic info hope it helps.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I labbed this a bit using j2 (cancel frames 38). Using the formula for block adv for j2 SU + AC + RE - Cancel + block adv. = 11 + 6 + 33 - 38 - 10 = +2. SU on Lightning Strike is 26 frames, so theoretically anything faster should punish, but labbing it D2 punishes, but just barely. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I labbed this a bit using j2 (cancel frames 38). Using the formula for block adv for j2 SU + AC + RE - Cancel + block adv. = 11 + 6 + 33 - 38 - 10 = +2. SU on Lightning Strike is 26 frames, so theoretically anything faster should punish, but labbing it D2 punishes, but just barely. Am I missing something?
A recommend you to learn how to read the frame data. There are many posts/threads/articles.

However frame data after jump in might be tricky and not valid according to my observation. But as a general advice: do not challenge the jump in 2 move even with D2. It will work only in case of throw follow up which is not that common in injustice 2 as there are better follow ups (I do not talk about gimmick follow ups). Every common follow up will jail therefore you need to stand the pressure.

Concerning your exact example: Despite the exact math of frame data I could easily D2 Black Adams lighting after jump in 2 with Batman's 6F D2 in practice room (and could use 10F normal too for punish).

Obviously lighting storm after jump in 2 is not a good idea from your buddy and you never see from an exprienced player. :)

Last edited:

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
yeah i labbed this some more and found a rough ballpark on the frame count for punishing this... manta's d2 (8f) and shark attack (14f) will punish it but reversal manta rays (17f) will not. The math on the data doesn't work out quite right but I got the answer I needed. Thanks again!