What's new

Judge my play in this tournament pls

esio

Noob
Hi guys, thanks to all of you, I started to play canary (I was an aquadick main, don't judge me). I started playing as canary for about two weeks now.

So we're having five IGN Injustice Latin america online qualifiers (I'm from brazil) and I've managed to win in the last one, so I won a ticket to Sao Paulo to the presential (live) tournament.

The matches were very hard, I dropped a LOT of combos due to nerves and low exp with canary. And I really appreciated if you guys can watch some of the footage and tell me some advice to improve with her.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161715778

Time stamp:
1st match: at 49min mark
2nd match: 1h12min
3rd match: 1h26min
last match: 2h17min

I love all your hard work to discover techs for her, I really appreciate <3

@x TeeJay o
@[SIZE=4][URL='https://testyourmight.com/members/take.37756/']Take$$$[/URL][/SIZE]
@Compbros

@The Philocypher
@Tiger Wong
@RequiemOfaVortex
@Made Capo
@Sweet Cheese
@HellblazerHawkman
@Pleasa

And all the others who play with her :)

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The vod was taking forever to load but I caught enough to give you some tips. I don't play BC too much but this would be my advice based on the matches against the fate player:

1. Pay attention to interactables more, you got caught with a lot of them. Try and bait to use it and don't jump at him if an interactable is at the ready.

2. Lvl 3 trait is her entire gameplan, so you have to be really good at using it. A couple times you used it but couldn't convert. Make sure to practice how to convert and at what ranges it can be converted. Try and figure out common situations where it is likely to be effective like whiff punishes so you aren't just throwing it out on a whim.

3. Cut down the jumping. Offline players will eat you alive for that.

4. Be more patient in approaching zoning. You got caught trying to dash a lot. It's ok to take some chip doing a simple crouch walk in, especially with how much damage BC does.

5. Respect wakeups more.

kcd117

Noob
I watched you play live. The things I remember noticing is that you need to pay more attention to interactables and use them more to your advantage, canary has a great dmg output, if you are able to get a reset with the interactions you can easily score 80%+ dmg. Also try not to use the same gimmicks like that roll to switch sides too many times, people that know the matchup can punish it consistently.
I noticed you tend to get a little jumpy, specially when you are low on health. Try not to jump too often bc when you start to do that people will be expecting a canary drop and they'll also have a punish on deck for that. You may also train your execution, go for a combo you can hit 100% of the time, every combo you drop is a waste of potential dmg and an openning for a potential punish.

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
One thing ill say withoutwatching your matches is this.
Mentality.
If you go in there with the mindset that youre the best goddamn black canary player in the world, you will be. I know it sounds cliche but past the tech and the numbers a true master of fighting games doesnt play the game, he/she (its 2017 theres girl gamers now right?) plays the opponent. Switchin game plans mid fight or doing a simple fake out with footsies can mean a whole lot of difference. Be confident in your abilities and your lack of fear will allow you to overcome any obstacle

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
First fight: The combos you dropped were ones I wouldn't beat yourself up over dropping. If you are going to miss something with Canary, it's going to be connecting her B3 off of a special, and that's the major ones I saw. You were pretty good on mixing up your timing on the 2,3 string. I would say you just looked nervous, but you still did well. Just be wary of using her cartwheel to move in on zoners, there's a specific window where she can't get hit and it's a bit tough to get consistently. While it costs meter, rolling is much more consistent (for me anyway). Like, your last set might not have been so close if you rolled in sooner instead of trying to jump-in, you had a lot of meter. I tend to use cartwheel to quickly edge in on an opponent, or to bait a jump-in so I can land the U3 version.

Second fight: Solid play here. Only thing I would suggest is consider working in raw Canary Drops in the corner. They are really easy to cross-up with and it's pretty much free damage. If you do the close version, you can start catching people if they expect the cross-up.

Third fight: This is her worst MU. I'm impressed that you took two games, I wouldn't sweat losing this one.

Fourth fight: Just be wary of jumping in on Atrocitus. He has a lot of tools that can knock Canary out of the air. Once you stopped letting his zoning get to you, it looked like you were more comfortable in the match. VERY good call in going for the reset at the end.