What's new

Guide Joker's Super Awesome Combo/BnB Thread Nov 2013

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In practice, I generally have seen flying uppercut get crossed up, but track and hit me, and it's extremely variable whether Joker stands up fast enough to get a combo in. Superman's rising uppercut functions similarly, except that pretty much guarantees his getting out for free- only option is to duck and whiff punish, and WW twirl thing is another example I can think of.
Plenty of characters are kinda just fucked, but there are some where it's still a guessing game, which sucks for him.
You can still hit all of those with the crossup J2, WWs spin does not have a hitbox behind her and the spin itself will never get out of any corner setup.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
You can still hit all of those with the crossup J2, WWs spin does not have a hitbox behind her and the spin itself will never get out of any corner setup.
Yeah, it's still vulnerable to MB f3 setups and such, but I think it track sometimes or something because I know I've gotten hit out of a crossup ji2 by that move.
Whatever. This game is inconsistent and silly. KI is upon us.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
EVERYONE, we cant do 212 xx Teeth, push block anymore.

IDC if it wasn't that viable, a nerf is a nerf.

Injustice: HIDDEN NERFS AMONG US

OnlineRon91

Joker++
It's the weirdest thing I've seen. I set Lex to always block and reversal CC, when I do 212 xx Teeth, Push Block. It'll sent Lex back and he will be able to block Teeth, and as I attempt to jump towards him, AN INVISIBLE WALL STOPS ME.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's the weirdest thing I've seen. I set Lex to always block and reversal CC, when I do 212 xx Teeth, Push Block. It'll sent Lex back and he will be able to block Teeth, and as I attempt to jump towards him, AN INVISIBLE WALL STOPS ME.
That's because the move is done so fast that the pushblock recovery frames are over, the wall was also always there. Try a normal attack and it will work.

StevoSuprem0

If you think that's bad, try using that setup in the batgirl/KF matchup. Oh hey, you just used a core tech element of your character and PUT YOURSELF IN A FUCKING 50/50 VORTEX.
Injustice was a great name for this game...

OnlineRon91

Joker++
If only the super awesome modders would focus on breaking into the characters themselves instead of skins lol. While I am a programmer I simply don't have the experience to break stuff yet, only build them xD I want to get through this semester though and pick modding Injustice as another hobby.

I wouldn't even balance it at first, just fix what is dumb. Like the Lex scenario I mentioned, or the Teeth knocking you down against Zod Charge on block, or the horrid f23 and 21 whiffing on certain characters, the list goes on.

StevoSuprem0

Added a meterless corner combo that I forgot to include. Was discussed previously, so nothing new, just optimized a bit.
Corner.
Meterless option:
j3, d2 xx teeth, d1, d1 xx mid teeth, 32~ xx teeth, 3 xx flower, 3 xx flower (43%; big meterless damage off j3 starter; can also be done off d2 starter; other enders work as well for different setups)

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Since we are getting all the combos out of the way might as well add this one to the simple setups under teeth combos section :

mid teeth, 112, b3, ji2, 32 xx flower OR 32~ xx crowbar (41%/39%)

StevoSuprem0

Since we are getting all the combos out of the way might as well add this one to the simple setups under teeth combos section :

mid teeth, 112, b3, ji2, 32 xx flower OR 32~ xx crowbar (41%/39%)
Added, but I would probably use normal teeth and f21 instead, since that'll catch people that are crouched. Pretty much everyone just holds down when blocking Joker strings, so if you try to go into 112 or 113, they will generally just poke out and jump or cancel into something that will get them out. Still worth mentioning though :)

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Oh ... nah man I wasn't trying to put this combo out there as legit, I mean it starts off with a high move xD Yeah much better options out there like b2 and b13 mind games that both lead up to 30+%

StevoSuprem0

Word. It is good to use the 112/3 strings in some situations where you anticipate a standing punish attempt that you think you can beat out though, so it's still not bad, just situational.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Hey guys I'm in the lab on my vita and I want your opinions especially from @Gilbagz @StevoSuprem0 @Qwark28
This is Batman specific situations. Depending on how you time Joker can stuff the wake up slide with B1 or standing 3, but I'm sure you guys already knew long ago. So the combo is in the corner. I have the computer set to roll and wake up slide It goes....

JI2, 32, close teeth, 113, close teeth (standing 3 or B1) when Batman slides, (he gets hit with teeth) JI2, 32 crowbar, close teeth, Low parry (because he slides again)

I guess it would only be useful against a wake up happy Batman, but what do you guys think? It doesn't use meter.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Also I don't think that the Vita got the same hotfix as the consoles because I can still do push block combos...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Also I don't think that the Vita got the same hotfix as the consoles because I can still do push block combos...
I think that's true for PC version as well. But it's pretty positive that if there's platform NRS gives less crap about than Vita, that's definitely PC.
Well, I'm not sure if that's for better or worse in this particular case...