What's new

Guide Joker's Super Awesome Combo/BnB Thread Nov 2013

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Interesting. I know virtually nothing about the series, but I think I kinda dig fulgore, Sadira sounds cool but haven't seen much of anything in action just yet

rehti

Noob
Hey stevo found a more optimised version of the wall carry combo
does 46% with like one step less of wall carry
ji2 3,2 ex rlg b3 d2 far teeth j2 far teeth 3,acid flower crowbar
The max wall carry i've found is
ji2 3,2 ex rlg d2 far teeth j2 far teeth f2,3 far teeth 2,1 crowbar
does 45% and carries literally from the centre of the screen to the corner
execution is hard, but is doable
i don't think it'll work on small hitbox characters though
the teeth might not relaunch them cuz of the smaller hitbox
Shame on me, I main Joker and I cant always get the teeth out after the D2. I am using a xbox controller. I know there is a trick when you keep the 2 button pressed and then while you hold the 2 , you do the DB3. Anyone here who uses a controller can teach me once and for all how to do it? I have been in the lab practicing it as much as I can but I can only do it like 50% of the time. Also, 1 strange thing, let say I try it for like 20 times with no success, once I get it, I will then do it like 80% of the time. I feel like the game knows what I want to do. I know you guys will say its because im getting used to the timing but im pretty sure there is something else.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Shame on me, I main Joker and I cant always get the teeth out after the D2. I am using a xbox controller. I know there is a trick when you keep the 2 button pressed and then while you hold the 2 , you do the DB3. Anyone here who uses a controller can teach me once and for all how to do it? I have been in the lab practicing it as much as I can but I can only do it like 50% of the time. Also, 1 strange thing, let say I try it for like 20 times with no success, once I get it, I will then do it like 80% of the time. I feel like the game knows what I want to do. I know you guys will say its because im getting used to the timing but im pretty sure there is something else.
Make sure you have release check turned off, and you can input it like this: d2b3f. That's how I do it. The d2 comes out, and when you hit b3 quickly, it registers that you have input down immediately before and cancels into teeth. Then just hold forward, and you'll get the far teeth. Takes a little getting used too, but I suck at execution and I almost never drop that anymore.

rehti

Noob
Make sure you have release check turned off, and you can input it like this: d2b3f. That's how I do it. The d2 comes out, and when you hit b3 quickly, it registers that you have input down immediately before and cancels into teeth. Then just hold forward, and you'll get the far teeth. Takes a little getting used too, but I suck at execution and I almost never drop that anymore.
WOW WOW WOW, THANK YOU STEVO!!!! I just found what I was doing wrong. Basically, after a B3 (or not) I was holding down, then pressing 2. However, I was dropping it like 50%. Now, when I do D and 2 at the same time, it somehow works everytime. So the trick was to not press down and then 2 but down and 2 simultaneously.

im so gonna have fun now... thanks a millions.

StevoSuprem0

WOW WOW WOW, THANK YOU STEVO!!!! I just found what I was doing wrong. Basically, after a B3 (or not) I was holding down, then pressing 2. However, I was dropping it like 50%. Now, when I do D and 2 at the same time, it somehow works everytime. So the trick was to not press down and then 2 but down and 2 simultaneously.

im so gonna have fun now... thanks a millions.

StevoSuprem0

But then I cant land the JI2 after the teeth lol.. I know its all about when you land the D2 (must be at the highest possible) but I cant get it to work... Must work on that I guess.
Yeah the timing is tough. You have to hit the b3 as early as possible, and then connect with the d2 just about as high as it can be done for it to connect. If you do that, the window for the jump 2 gets pretty lenient. The more time you take at each of those steps, the smaller it gets. Just takes practice. I have actually started to prefer following the d2 xx far teeth with the f23 combos instead because it's easier and more reliable for me. But the j2 options are better, and it gives you a 50/50 (techroll or not) teeth setup against some characters. Just practice the timing and you'll get pretty consistent with it.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Still cant land the damn Ji2, I must be doing something wrong.
The amount of work you have to put in for that extra 3-4% is very uneven in my opinion. I tend to stick with the b3, ji2, 32 (1 hit) xx Crowbar, Forward Dash, OTG b1 xx Crowbar Ender, it does like I said, 3-4% less damage in exchange for brainless execution needed as well as negating wake-ups.

Joker's damage output is respectable as it is in my opinion.

Happy Teeth Looping :)

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Found neat throw break setup, I wanted to make a video on it but it's not really worth it, I'll explain why after explaining how:

This can be done from anywhere on the screen but it is easiest in the corner since you can do it off of your best hard knockdowns (213, Crowbar, Crowbar MB). The main variation is HKD, Teeth, Throw (For best results, do this as they get up, this will prevent them from jumping/back-dashing).

Most Practical Corner Combos I found since it is high damage and ends in another HKD for the same or other setups -
HKD, Teeth, Throw, (Opponent Throw Breaks), ji2, d2 xx Teeth, 3 xx Flower, 3 xx Crowbar / Crowbar MB, 38% / 40%
  • Wake-Up Dash, Jump, Block, Throw, Basic Attack, Character Power, and Non-Invincible Special Moves leads to 11% damage and a Roll-able knockdown of both characters. Joker falls first much sooner and is therefore up before his opponent. You are also in range and have enough time for f3, crowbar sweep, flower, etc.
  • Throw Breaking Joker leads to 38% - 47%, more or less.
  • Wake-Up Invincible Special Moves may lead to escaping this setup, this is very much character dependent.
  • Clashing leads to your opponent giving up their Clash for not taking 9% more damage LOL Also like every other corner setup, you lose the corner when they Clash.

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

Nice. That will work well in some matchups where you teach them to block the setup. Flash, for instance, can flying uppercut out of a teeth/mb f3 setup, but if you read it and block, you can full combo punish, so he'll start blocking, and you can mix this in.
If they don't break the throw, do the teeth hit them out of Joker's throw? I should know this... but I don't remember lol.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Nice. That will work well in some matchups where you teach them to block the setup. Flash, for instance, can flying uppercut out of a teeth/mb f3 setup, but if you read it and block, you can full combo punish, so he'll start blocking, and you can mix this in.
If they don't break the throw, do the teeth hit them out of Joker's throw? I should know this... but I don't remember lol.
Yes like I said above, if they don't Throw Break then they take 11% and both characters get knocked down.
Joker falls very fast compared to the opponent though, so by the time the opponent gets up, Joker is already up and about.
Also, both characters can roll and use wake-up attacks as well.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If they don't break the throw, you're fucked.

VS flying uppercut you can F3 early and catch them but it's no longer a mixup that is hard to block

StevoSuprem0

If they don't break the throw, you're fucked.

VS flying uppercut you can F3 early and catch them but it's no longer a mixup that is hard to block
Yeah. Every time you're in that situation it turns into a 50/50 with Flash. Either you make it easy to block to try to beat it, or you do nothing and try to punish the wakeup.
I think we had discussed using the ji2 to mess up the wakeup, but it tracks and whether or not you can get the punish if he lands in the teeth after hitting you is pretty inconsistent, in my hands at least.
It does suck a bit that this throw situation will let them get back to neutral. And, obviously, it's still susceptible to wakeups. Another tool for our crappy little toolbox lol.

StevoSuprem0

I'm fucked because they took 11% and I have frame advantage? :confused:
You're not fucked, he's just doing that think where he exaggerates lol. Always remember your audience :p
It's a little less favorable than some of the other outcomes, but it's an option. My problem with it would be that most people probably won't tech it because A) they won't know it's coming and be caught by surprise or B) they know about it and know that it's better for them if they don't tech. Still basically forces them to take some damage if they don't wakeup, so it could be useful for ending rounds at the very least.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Yeah. Every time you're in that situation it turns into a 50/50 with Flash. Either you make it easy to block to try to beat it, or you do nothing and try to punish the wakeup.
I think we had discussed using the ji2 to mess up the wakeup, but it tracks and whether or not you can get the punish if he lands in the teeth after hitting you is pretty inconsistent, in my hands at least.
It does suck a bit that this throw situation will let them get back to neutral. And, obviously, it's still susceptible to wakeups. Another tool for our crappy little toolbox lol.
Yeah lol I'm not in denial, in no way am I portraying this as a breakthrough, like you said, it is a crappy setup for the crappy toolbox lol.
If your in the HKD situation you have many options, you can just OTG out of the Crowbar for starters or Teeth, f3 mb out of 213 , among many other things.
You might find some use for this once they start blocking all your OTG's but even then, it's not great.
However, in no way are you at a disadvantage if they don't Throw Break since you get up faster and they still took damage regardless.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Or just do the J2 setup after a hard knockdown, all wakeups get destroyed.

StevoSuprem0

Or just do the J2 setup after a hard knockdown, all wakeups get destroyed.
You're talking about the crossup ji2 after a HKD right? Because I've seen alot of wakeups get out of it pretty easily if they track just by hitting you at certain timings where you can't catch them after the teeth bounce them, if they even do get caught by the teeth.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're talking about the crossup ji2 after a HKD right? Because I've seen alot of wakeups get out of it pretty easily if they track just by hitting you at certain timings where you can't catch them after the teeth bounce them, if they even do get caught by the teeth.
Which wakeups? I'm talking about the crossup J2 vid I had posted, IIRC it beat all of flashes options.

StevoSuprem0

In practice, I generally have seen flying uppercut get crossed up, but track and hit me, and it's extremely variable whether Joker stands up fast enough to get a combo in. Superman's rising uppercut functions similarly, except that pretty much guarantees his getting out for free- only option is to duck and whiff punish, and WW twirl thing is another example I can think of.
Plenty of characters are kinda just fucked, but there are some where it's still a guessing game, which sucks for him.