What's new

Guide Joker's Super Awesome Combo/BnB Thread Nov 2013

rehti

Noob
I may have to wait for the video on youtube but for what I remember, it looked like "something" into long teeth followed by B1-crowbar. The teeth and the crowbar was hitting at the same time so they cannot just block it. They must either jump or dash which True wasn't doing at all. As you said, this is a gimmick as they can evade it but as true said, once they are blocking it, they are getting hit because of the teeth-crowbar setup.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I may have to wait for the video on youtube but for what I remember, it looked like "something" into long teeth followed by B1-crowbar. The teeth and the crowbar was hitting at the same time so they cannot just block it. They must either jump or dash which True wasn't doing at all. As you said, this is a gimmick as they can evade it but as true said, once they are blocking it, they are getting hit because of the teeth-crowbar setup.
then you probably mean a string on hit into far teeth then d2 crowbar which does hit as unblockable if they dont combo you

its not really unblockable, you can backdash between d2 ~ crowbar but you'll get hit by teeth and give a more damaging combo to joker

best thing to do though is D1 special, then joker resorts to doing close teeth just to protect himself, thus not setting up anything major

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I was going to cover those more complex teeth setups on block in a video guide, but I can add them here if you guys think it would be useful. Let me know! :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I may be coming off as a prick but, y'all should really stop posting teeth setups. It kinda ruins the purpose of the teeth if you post every single setup and how exactly to get out of them. Eventually the whole community will figure out how to nullify all his setups then... poof! Joker goes from lowest tier to... Useless tier...Ha.
only the weak hide tech.

if you cant rely on your fundamentals to beat someone then you're nothing.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
There is a difference between a good and a bad Teeth setup. It is worth sharing what is what so that we can choose between the ones that are good and leave the bad ones at the door.

We need to sometimes do the bad set ups, too. Keeps 'em guessing.

Speaking of which, I think a teeth set up must either be near inescapable or too fast to identify.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
good teeth setups imo = inescapable

decent setups - 50/50s like b1 teeth, 212 teeth pushblock/d2 crowbar/jump

I'm more talking about escapable teeth set-ups when I say it has to be too fast to be escapable. For example, if a given set up can be tech rolled to escape, a perfectly knowledgable opponent will always tech roll (not really, that gives up space and such, but bear with me) UNLESS the set up happens to fast to re act to. This is also why using teeth set ups as resets as opposed to just enders is very important.

StevoSuprem0

Yeah, but the problem is its always better to tech roll against joker, so most people that know just mash tech roll now. Not much we can do except try throwing a canister to make them block, but that's whatever. Pursue with a dash an you risk being hit by a wakeup. That's why outside of Gil's 50/50 teeth setup, only the corner setups really matter.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm more talking about escapable teeth set-ups when I say it has to be too fast to be escapable. For example, if a given set up can be tech rolled to escape, a perfectly knowledgable opponent will always tech roll (not really, that gives up space and such, but bear with me) UNLESS the set up happens to fast to re act to. This is also why using teeth set ups as resets as opposed to just enders is very important.
i find that its good to mix it up to vary the tech roll timings, a good example are in my games with true talent

the competition was not even at all but i unloaded at least half of my gimmicks since he had no idea of any setups

http://www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent/b/477876027 2:12

these in moderation work vs knowledgeable opponents as well, you just need to keep mixing it up and always plan ahead.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
setups doesnt mean just resets man, if a situation lands me with a blocked j3 and im just fine taking that + to set up teeth once they respect D2

rehti

Noob
Hello Qwark,

Go at 2:34:00. You will see the combo I meant... I guess this can only be done in corner... But I do see your D2 combo which looks similar. Best example is at 2:20:34. You do the teeth D2 into crowbar and a good teeth combo right after. You seem to do the same kind of teeth-B1 into crowbar setup right after, is it because he was in the corner again? Is this possible midscreen? I guess not.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hello Qwark,

Go at 2:34:00. You will see the combo I meant... I guess this can only be done in corner... But I do see your D2 combo which looks similar. Best example is at 2:20:34. You do the teeth D2 into crowbar and a good teeth combo right after. You seem to do the same kind of teeth-B1 into crowbar setup right after, is it because he was in the corner again? Is this possible midscreen? I guess not.
it can be done anywhere but best used in the corner

that can be beat by faster moves, maybe jumping back and also by pushblock

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey stevo found a more optimised version of the wall carry combo
does 46% with like one step less of wall carry
ji2 3,2 ex rlg b3 d2 far teeth j2 far teeth 3,acid flower crowbar
The max wall carry i've found is
ji2 3,2 ex rlg d2 far teeth j2 far teeth f2,3 far teeth 2,1 crowbar
does 45% and carries literally from the centre of the screen to the corner
execution is hard, but is doable
i don't think it'll work on small hitbox characters though
the teeth might not relaunch them cuz of the smaller hitbox

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

Hit box shit is the worst in this game lol. I still can't believe they didn't patch the game yet for mid whiffing strings across the board immediately after they were exposed. Might be switching to KI after NEC...
Thanks for the additions! I'll test and update tonight.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hit box shit is the worst in this game lol. I still can't believe they didn't patch the game yet for mid whiffing strings across the board immediately after they were exposed. Might be switching to KI after NEC...
Thanks for the additions! I'll test and update tonight.
the combo is really tight but does become consistent with practice
after more testing it should work on everyone however it is much easier on characters with a big hitbox near their feet

StevoSuprem0

the combo is really tight but does become consistent with practice
after more testing it should work on everyone however it is much easier on characters with a big hitbox near their feet
Yeah I got to the point where I can do them pretty consistently. Wanted to make sure they both worked for setting up a universal OTG attempt afterward (i.e., the spacing was righ). Adding them now :joker: