What's new

Joker's MK11 ending paves a path for Havik to be DLC? (minor spoilers inside)

Is the Joker's ending a sign of Havik becoming DLC later on?

• OMFG, Nickolaidas - you're a genius! Havik's DLC for KP2 100% !!!!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • You're an idiot. This is Noob Saibot's MK9 ending all over again, and you're too dense to see it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Who the f&%k is Havik?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SoOOoooooo ... you guys heard anything about MK Online Kollection besides that ESRB rating?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WHHHERRRRZZMUHLEEENAAAAHRR!!?!?!?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • The PS5 is going to be 12 Terraflops, not 9 Terraflops.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I know. I know.

Major Havik fanboy - been busting your balls with wanting him to be DLC for an entire year now, creating polls and whatnot to prove my case. But hear me out, hear me out one sec - hey! HEY! (snaps fingers) hear me out!

Okay.

Now the Joker is a very popular character and tons of casuals are going to buy and play his arcade ladder to have fun with him. And then they're going to see his ending. They're going to see Havik being all bosom buddies with the Joker. They'll be like, 'hey, who is that guy?' Then, they hear Joker basically giving exposition about Havik, what his goals are and how compatible he is with the Joker. And then they'll be like, 'whoa! This guy sounds as crazy and fun as the Joker is!'

And when NRS reveals Havik as DLC, the casuals will be like, 'Hey, it's that Havik guy who's pals with the Joker! And look at that crazy stuff he's doing with his arms and legs! Maybe I should buy that guy even though I'm a casual f&%k who doesn't really care about the lore in this game and only bought it to play as the Joker!'

The way I see it, NRS is subtly trying to make the new generation of MK fans (the ones who got into the series via MK9 or even later) to become acquainted with the character. And seriously, of all the cameos I saw on MK11 endings, Joker's ending seems to be as much about Havik as it is about the Joker himself. Is NRS slowly pushing Havik forward, ensuring that new fans won't be all like, 'wtf is this guy?' when they see him as DLC?

Or is this simply a cameo, not any different than Havik's appearance in MK9? It's quite possible that this is the case, but we have so many subtle clues I can't help but feel that Havik's on the way.

• His assist being removed from the game.
  • Raiden mentioning a threat from Chaosrealm to his mirror match as well as with Scorpion.
  • Joker seeking him out in one of his intros with Kitana (and Kitana's answer implying that Havik is alive and well, and not killed by Quan Chi).
  • Having a Kombat League devoted to his realm.
  • Playing a role in the Joker's ending (called it somewhat, btw).
Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 59910

I really want Havik to make the cut, but I don't believe Joker's ending means something. If we are looking forward to endings... where is Kano's son? But I agree: he's being mentioned frequently.

He had his exact same costume from MKD...which makes me think no. If they had taken effort to redesign him a little I would be more inclined to say yes.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
unfortunately, not. NRS has being doing this since MK9, putting a character in another character end; sometimes, in multiple characters ends, only to tease and , so, nothing else .... this happened in MKX too, so, it's not guaranteed to take place ..... :confused:

anyway, I hope that, for MK12, NRS and Ed Boon take more risk on picking up who is gonna be part of the character roster, and so, put some character as Havik, Sareena, Li Mei ou Ashrah in the game .... it's time to expand a bit the roster for the new games ! :p