What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker video thread. Gameplay/tips by KH Cat

whats your goto combo after teeth hit?
I can't speak for the TC, but I've been working on post-teeth combos, and here's what I've got (all for 1 meter):

*teeth hit confirm* Ji2, d2, db2+mb, b3, Ji2, d3=32% (ends with sweep)
*teeth hit confirm* Ji2, d2, db2+mb, b3, Ji2, b1, bf2=33% (ends with sweep)
*teeth hit confirm* Ji2, d2, db2+mb, b3, Ji2, b1, db3=31% (ends with more teeth)

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Cat I think I love you. Seriously, you have delivered us the best Joker gameplay/info here. Very grateful for this and you played fantastically in that tournament. A lot of good Joker tech got shown off today.

Looking at that Doomsday matchup, I feel it is a match that will become MUCH easier once we figure out how to parry. It looks easier to do on him than most and blocking his shockwave high-low mixup could be entirely avoided. As well as having to deal with that pesky shoulder barge. Black Adam on the other hand looks like a tough match up. That guy has sooo many tools.

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
Cat I think I love you. Seriously, you have delivered us the best Joker gameplay/info here. Very grateful for this and you played fantastically in that tournament. A lot of good Joker tech got shown off today.
Agree with this 100%! Trying to study the videos, and trying to improve my game like crazy... Cat is definitely the best Joker I've seen so far.

damn nice stuff man learned few things especially against doomsday.. but it looks like i gotta practise on the setups

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...

Looking at that Doomsday matchup, I feel it is a match that will become MUCH easier once we figure out how to parry. It looks easier to do on him than most and blocking his shockwave high-low mixup could be entirely avoided. As well as having to deal with that pesky shoulder barge. Black Adam on the other hand looks like a tough match up. That guy has sooo many tools.
Agree with this 100%! Trying to study the videos, and trying to improve my game like crazy... Cat is definitely the best Joker I've seen so far.
Thanks guys.. there is definetly much more to learn with joker.. especially char specific set ups and stuff..
im still not used to doing his parry on reaction.. and i know its very good against certain moves that you can see and react too (such as doomsday charge from a distance, you can parry it, or most chars f3, and b3s)
also need to work on converting into damaging combos of a hit more.. as well as using the background bounces more midscreen for damaging no meter combos

EDIT: updated the 2nd post with some additional combos and teeth set ups that are great midscreen ...
Pig Of The Hut
Jack White
Qwark28
Impractical Joker
charmangler
AceOfKnaves

Cat Is there a trick to his j2 after d2xxteeth in that new BnB you posted? Sometimes I land it consistently and sometimes I whiff it 30 times in a row and I can't seem to figure out a good way to time it well, or if there is something I could delay a bit to land it easier, it just doesn't make sense to me.

It's especially frustrating because I come from Urien in third strike and he's an extemely execution heavy character that I didn't have a hard time learning.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Cat Is there a trick to his j2 after d2xxteeth in that new BnB you posted? Sometimes I land it consistently and sometimes I whiff it 30 times in a row and I can't seem to figure out a good way to time it well, or if there is something I could delay a bit to land it easier, it just doesn't make sense to me.

It's especially frustrating because I come from Urien in third strike and he's an extemely execution heavy character that I didn't have a hard time learning.
make sure you hit the d2 where it launches opponent highest in the air.. dont do it too late or the wont pop up as high.. the jump 2 part is tricky.. after you do the d2 teeth just TAP UF and the 2 when he recovers from the teeth.. I though i helt the uf but i just tap it to make sure it comes out at the right time..

but yeah.. first focus on where the d2 after the b3 hits where it launches them very high.. if you do it too late , it will still hit but wont launch as far up as you want them too.. youll see the difference

Edit: Also the b3 after the low tank mb needs to be done right away.. keeps them higher up as well

This has been working for me but I am not really sure if what I think happening is the case. After you do the far teeth keep holding forward for about 2 seconds and then do up forward 2, what i think is happening is you are cancelling the recovery on teeth kind of early by holding forward allowing you to jump faster. I found about this about a day ago and I've been getting very consistent with this combo in training mode. I could be wrong in my explanation and this could just be a placebo effect but ever since I started doing this part was no problem for me.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Are you kidding ? ^^ For me raven is ok VS Joker. You just need to be really patient when you do your zoning vs Raven.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
AK elitegoomba joker debut here

he worked with him about 2 weeks
AK elitegoomba, glad to have you aboard =). One small critique (have't watched through this video yet, but saw you on the tournament stream)- when you're cancelling into MB RLG off of 32 or 21, you can let both of the knife hits connect before cancelling. It's like 1% more damage or something irrelevant, but it makes it easier to hit confirm and might as well pick up the extra damage. We've kinda determined that 21 is the better string for the sake of diversity and speed, while 32 is better for full combo punishes when you are relatively certain that you're connecting. When you confirm into block with 21, you can:
-finish the combo as 212, which is -1 on block, +16 on hit, and is safe for teeth cancels on block (you can do 212 xx teeth, and block before corps charge can punish you, and are able to pushblock them back onto the teeth for a combo)
-finish the combo as 213, which terminates it with an overhead that is 0 on block and +38 on hit, and functions as a 50/50 (albeit lame because the other option is a full combo) with the RLG.
-still use MB RLG which functions as a frame trap (though not nearly as good as batman's MB batarang- this is +18 on block vs Batman's being +38 -_-) can at least get a guaranteed jump in with it
A few of us have been messing with incorporating gun dash cancels in here too, but I need to test it more before I recommend it... at the very least, it's good to mix in at times. Sorry if you already knew any/all of this, just thought I would throw it out there just in case since you are kinda new to the character. Enjoy man!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Ew. I hated how I played in this footage. So much dropped stuff, fucking down block transition to b1 causing high laughing gas to come out, just bad. Blehck.
EDIT: gonna repost this in the other thread because it has more traffic.

Last edited: