What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker video thread. Gameplay/tips by KH Cat

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
***VIDEOS ON 2ND POST BELOW**
I'll be posting all types of videos on here. Anyone else is welcome to post stuff as well.

I'll take all types of suggestions on him as we'll as I'm trying to get use to his style and develop a good strategy.

Look at the video below for a nice set between my Joker and Scar's Killer Frost. :)

So far my tips on joker are as follows

-jump 3 has amazing range and can beat out many air to airs from a distance. Jumping in with this at a range where it hits at Max range makes it difficult to anti air for your opponents and allows you to get some pressure in.
If you get a hit with it. D1 into flower is a good follow up combo. Still working on getting more.

-ending combos with sweep.
Sweeps are untechable. So your opponent cannot roll back and avoid the teeth set ups with jump ins.
Right after sweep knock down you can go for a unbigious (spell check someone?) cross up with his j2 or even j3. It tends to beat out wake ups as well. Since they aren't allow to wake up right away.
Setting up teeth right after knock down and baiting unsafe wake ups is also a good set up as teeth recover very fast.
You can also go for a grab right after and even if they tech it. The teeth will get them.
You can also go for pressure with f2,1 where the second part is overhead to combine with the teeth. Or even go for a b2 as well.
If you expect a wake up and have meter. Going for a f3 with armor can also cause some serious damage. And gives a follow up combo.

- the corner is jokers friend.
Knocking down in the corner after a combo with 3,2,3 (cancel the first stab of the last hit into teeth) can set you up for a unblockable with a jump 2. Since your opponent cannot roll back he can't avoid the set up all together.
A lot of times opponent gets antsy and wakes up and tries to jump out.
That's when jumping back with j3 comes into handy as its range will knock them back into the corner and if your lucky cause the teeth to pop them up for a good combo into another teeth set up.

So many set ups can be done in the corner an I'm still working on a ton. Using b3 or f3 with armor for ppl who wake up can also be effective.

-b1,3
The second part of this string crosses up the opponent on block and they must block the opposite way standing up right after the low. Very effective and if you space it right it will hit in front at times.
Very good string to do in the corner after a teeth set up as well.

-neutral jump 3
Very good for stopping opponent from jumping it at a distance. If you feel a jump coming. Neutral jump 3 is a good way to stop them since it has amazing range.
Neautral jump 2 is also good at a closer range after a knockdown or in between some pressure. If your opponent does a poke or a string that whiffs under your jump. You will get a full combo punish. If you watch street fighter this is used a lot to beat out grabs and certain strings.

My current combos include:
J2,3,db2,MB,b3, j2 3,2,3,flower (or teeth if near corner)

J23,db2 , MB,B3,j3(must jump right after b3 but wait a bit before hitting them with j3) into d3 (sweep. )

No meter. I usually go for j2,2,1,2, flower.

UPDATED WITH GAMEPLAY VIDEO.

Cat

Updated **** 05/28/13 Make sure to sub to Youtube.com/kombathouston
FT3 set vs star charger Catwoman

Tournament match vs Starcharger
New Combos with 1.03 Patch

Joker Video Guide Preview

ME vs Showtime

***updated: 05/07/13

Here some combos to work with in the corner.. as well as some useful mid screen no meter ones using the background bounce. background bounce attacks also are not techable like sweeps.. so joker can do some great teeth set ups with them. i posted some examples on the video as well..

So far i believe the best stages for joker are the ones with midscreen background bounces for him to be able to do great no meter damage as well as set up teeth traps. which then makes him a problem mid screen as well as in the corner...
Suggested stages : Aquamans stage (midscreen bounce, midscreen slide pole at the top to get get in , and not very long so it makes it easier to get opponents in the corner)
Batmans house ( midscreen bounces, as well as corner stuff for him to work with)
etc.

Here are my Tournament Matches from the Insomnia Injustice tournament ... 42 entrants.. got 2nd place.. need much to learn with joker as well as how to fight black adam better.. lol.
First tournament so not so bad for good ol joker.. not to easy to use.. also need to start getting the parries into my game.

KH CAT vs Shanxter (doomsday) Winners Semis

KH CAT vs Fernesty (Bat/KillerFrost)

KH CAT vs Tyrone (Aquaman) losers Finals

KH CAT vs J (Green latern/Wonderwoman) Tournament Match

KH CAT vs Tomorrows Rage (Black Adam)

*previous uploads*
CAT vs SCAR

Set up vs Killer frost

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
they can block all low for b13 and whiff punish the crossup followup

why is there no mention about his j2? its the best in the game

Cat

they can block all low for b13 and whiff punish the crossup followup

why is there no mention about his j2? its the best in the game
I did mention j2. Check again.
And yes. But in the corner the b13 does not wiff. You can trow out b1 into bf3 (the pipe overhead) as well to keep them honest.

Or as I mentioned in our Convo b1 into flower is a good way to get some meter and get good space. Since its plus on block.

Another thing I didn't mention
Is catching ppl with sweep who are trying to back dash out of teeth set up. Sweep has great range to punish back dashes. And grant a good j2 on their wake up

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I did mention j2. Check again.
And yes. But in the corner the b13 does not wiff. You can trow out b1 into bf3 (the pipe overhead) as well to keep them honest.

Or as I mentioned in our Convo b1 into flower is a good way to get some meter and get good space. Since its plus on block.

Another thing I didn't mention
Is catching ppl with sweep who are trying to back dash out of teeth set up. Sweep has great range to punish back dashes. And grant a good j2 on their wake up
you havent mentioned its the best in the game, thats what i meant

man i hate free jumps, i get ppl cutting their combos short on accident and getting free jumps

Did you use his trait at all in those matches? I'm unable to play the game for a few weeks so I can't tell what it looks like. Does his parry do any damage to his opponent or just increase his jump height and all that

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime

still processing. should be done any minute
More! More!

Nice to finally get an idea on how the hell we should be playing Joker. This is only the beginning! Our potential is limitless! Any who, thoughts on some of Joker's matchups? Like this Frost one.

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Did you use his trait at all in those matches? I'm unable to play the game for a few weeks so I can't tell what it looks like. Does his parry do any damage to his opponent or just increase his jump height and all that
yeah im getting use to parrying still.. not comftable with it..
i did it once at 9:25
it does a lil bit of damage

Cat

More! More!

Nice to finally get an idea on how the hell we should be playing Joker. This is only the beginning! Our potential is limitless! Any who, thoughts on some of Joker's matchups? Like this Frost one.
so far against frost.. you cant really rely on doing gun shots and cancels. as she can easily slide them and punish with a damaging combo..
jokers j3 pretty much wins against her in air to air. as well as using netral jump 3s to beat out some slides as well as her trying to dash in for pressure..

i got a set up against her if she tries to wake up slide (which has a ton of invisibility) ill post a video of it in a few

SideShowCurse

The Magician
Good stuff Cat I'm so happy that Joker is looking a lot more playable than I first thought because I really want to main him... You just made my day!!!

yeah im getting use to parrying still.. not comftable with it..
i did it once at 9:25
it does a lil bit of damage
I agree, not comfortable with parrying at all. It will come with time. Been winning a lot with joker, but yet I keep getting matched up with scrubs. So many Fucking death strokes.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

Why do you finish with 3,2,3 instead of just doing 3,2? If you do 3,2 it leaves them closer when you hit the Acid Blossom from what I can tell. Thanks
I like the distance on it. Plus more damage. Also it's my ender for teeth near corner.
I'll try doing 32 flower. But I dot like being to close when setting up teeth because font want to get jumped on

chores

bad at things
I like the distance on it. Plus more damage. Also it's my ender for teeth near corner.
I'll try doing 32 flower. But I dot like being to close when setting up teeth because font want to get jumped on
whats your goto combo after teeth hit?

Cat, depending on how busy my sunday is I plan on making a joker combo video, if you guys have anything specific that you would want it in let me know.

We want you to come up with and record for us a meterless reset for like 95% of smth. No, just kidding...it doesn't have to be meterless, maybe only in the corner:)