What's new

JOKER V SUPERGIRL LIVING GUIDE

Then again, I'm still not poking out of F12 breath and D1 breath 100% consistently. Guess I just gotta lab it more in another practice session

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I'm not familiar with joker, why does he lose this MU so hard?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I know i might get crucified for this but ive had more success in this match up keeping her out with joker and baiting the teleport.
That's exactly what you should be doing and Fate players don't use this primary strategy, that's why they think SG is a bad MU for fate too.

DeftMonk

Noob
I know i might get crucified for this but ive had more success in this match up keeping her out with joker and baiting the teleport.
homie if ur baiting a teleport your playing a bunch of shit supergirls. @sulfer she pretty much controls this matchup at every part of the screen unless the SG player doesn't know the mu and/or is playing unnecessarily risky.

That being said if you guys have some tech for this MU feel free to post it...I made this post in jest (no pun intended) but if there is some nice tech feel free to share and we can all profit. It seems to be the general consensus among the joker discord that SG is the worst match up and theres a lot of lab fiends in that disc. Pls don't say "block wu and punish or bait teleport and punish" because if super girl knows whats up she won't be using teleport for anything more than a whiff punish or something. Also without meter she can easily just elect to delay WU and nullify our setups instead of waking up. We have no tools to deal with most of her air gameplan and unlike supes her air laser isn't punishable by gun.

But I am totally all ears to suggestions about this! Send tech! haha

Last edited:
homie if ur baiting a teleport your playing a bunch of shit supergirls. @sulfer she pretty much controls this matchup at every part of the screen unless the SG player doesn't know the mu and/or is playing unnecessarily risky.

That being said if you guys have some tech for this MU feel free to post it...I made this post in jest (no pun intended) but if there is some nice tech feel free to share and we can all profit. It seems to be the general consensus among the joker discord that SG is the worst match up and theres a lot of lab fiends in that disc. Pls don't say "block wu and punish or bait teleport and punish" because if super girl knows whats up she won't be using teleport for anything more than a whiff punish or something. Also without meter she can easily just elect to delay WU and nullify our setups instead of waking up. We have no tools to deal with most of her air gameplan and unlike supes her air laser isn't punishable by gun.

But I am totally all ears to suggestions about this! Send tech! haha
Lately ive been trying to play super lame with joker if my opponent is not a zoner. But i have more trouble with the fate matchup then SG

DeftMonk

Noob
Lately ive been trying to play super lame with joker if my opponent is not a zoner. But i have more trouble with the fate matchup then SG
Ya that mu is also rough.

So care to shed some light on your gameplan vs sg? I mean for real her mobility is a huge issue. Joker struggles against chars that either zone so well he can't zone at all, or have tools that negate teeth pretty easily (sg flight) or d2 is quite useful (super girl d2 is quite good vs joker's air options). If the sg is spacing correctly she can react in a lot of ways with flight.

Last edited:
Ya that mu is also rough.

So care to shed some light on your gameplan vs sg? I mean for real her mobility is a huge issue. Joker struggles against chars that either zone so well he can't zone at all, or have tools that negate teeth pretty easily (sg flight) or d2 is quite useful (super girl d2 is quite good vs joker's air options). If the sg is spacing correctly she can react in a lot of ways with flight.
Basically i try to play lame and get damage on her with overhead gas can(i know its fucking slow) and gun shot. If she gets too close or tries to fly over my head i d2 into teeth and back up and repeat. Eventually she will go for that tele. I wait for it and punish it. His jump 2 was nerfed alot so i dont fish for the cross up anymore. You whiff you die lol.

There are definitely worse match ups for Joker. Bait teleports, stay on the ground unless you're in j3 range. Throw in a couple of trait he's occasionally. Mb roll when super girl is waiting up in flight try sneak it in and then wait for the tele and if it doesn't come out almost immediately go for an anti-air. Don't let her get away with throwing her safe mid out in neutral all the time. Grab on block. Make it an option at least. Well-timed gunshots can stuff mb trait. Her wake up game is pretty weak but you can't go for the usual cross up over teeth. I usually mbf3 if my opponent likes to wake up a lot. If not just throw teeth and use the plus frames to start your offense. It's not a lot of fun but it's doable man.

DeftMonk

Noob
Depends on who you're playing. Better Supergirl players will not abuse teleport but most of them will try to test your reactions first.
I mean I agree for the most part with what your saying and I pull out the W vs some supergirls obviously but there are some really good ones that I play sets with that make it feel impossible. Most of those super girls I play aren't going to get their mb laser stuffed by gun because they usually only use that when they land a touch to convert for bigger damage. Most of their zoning is just regular trait or trait in the air.

Which MUs do you believe to be worse? The only other char I have anywhere near as much trouble with is fate. Id even rather play Deadshot.

I'd never test a joker with a teleport.. Lol. That MU is strictly footsies, and the footsies are in SG's favor -- so there's no reason to take the risk.
one missed j3 is a free trip guard SGs advancing string is od, MU is def a scary one. one thing i've been having a big problem with is SGs just throwing out ice breath in neutral it has alot of range and if they MB it its almost like a shield to humble you as they pressure you

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
If they're throwing out regular ice breath, then they should be getting punished for it. The normal breath is -20 & the extended is -18. The mb extended breath is the only safe one.

Imo, the biggest issues are she out footsies him. He has a decent d2 for an anti-air, though. Just since her trait exists, it makes him think twice. She doesn't need to teleport really. D1 & D3 low profiles his gun, too.

If they're throwing out regular ice breath, then they should be getting punished for it. The normal breath is -20 & the extended is -18. The mb extended breath is the only safe one.

Imo, the biggest issues are she out footsies him. He has a decent d2 for an anti-air, though. Just since her trait exists, it makes him think twice. She doesn't need to teleport really. D1 & D3 low profiles his gun, too.
yea u can't really abuse j3 really one of his only real ways of playing neutral in this MU , damn times like this in theory the trait would sound pretty good with it changing the jump speed and all but it feels impractical to use considering it doesn't become worth really till lvl2 and its fairly easy to just run away and wait it out.

I mean I agree for the most part with what your saying and I pull out the W vs some supergirls obviously but there are some really good ones that I play sets with that make it feel impossible. Most of those super girls I play aren't going to get their mb laser stuffed by gun because they usually only use that when they land a touch to convert for bigger damage. Most of their zoning is just regular trait or trait in the air.

Which MUs do you believe to be worse? The only other char I have anywhere near as much trouble with is fate. Id even rather play Deadshot.
For me Green Arrow because crouching arrows means GA wins almost everywhere on the screen. He's got a bunch of ways to get out of teeth set-ups. You're gonna spend all day trying to get in and when you do you'll have to deal with the fact that GA's normals are just as good as Joker's. Even Arrows j3 can contend with Joker's.

Th4tDrewDude

Obscure AF Joker Player
1. Pull down pants
2. Grab ankles.
3. Pray for lube.

Post your own tech if it differs from above I will update op.
I bait teleports and do well but I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to do that at top level play lol most supergirl mains online are braindead

So I played a really good SG recently....thank gawd we get a wake up attack next week lol. Zoning her out is still the way to go. But its still pretty tough. I'm glad they buffed gun shot. Looks like we will win trades with the extra hit adv