What's new

Joker Patch Notes!

regulas

Your Emporer
Joker
  • Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power HA! duration to 9 seconds (from 6 seconds).
  • Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power Parry Damage to 11%
  • Slightly reduced the start-up frames for Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 1) and Rolling Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 2) to allow it to combo consistently on all opponents.
These are the changes they are giving Joker. Comments, opinions?

Edit: I'll also put the link here; : https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Joker
  • Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power HA! duration to 9 seconds (from 6 seconds).
  • Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power Parry Damage to 11%
  • Slightly reduced the start-up frames for Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 1) and Rolling Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 2) to allow it to combo consistently on all opponents.
These are the changes they are giving Joker. Comments, opinions?
Don't you mean "Down, BACK"?

Where did you get this info? And is there patch notes for other characters?

Bolton

Noob
Neat. I'm in the camp that match long HA!s will be too powerful. The HA!s shouldn't have a game plan formed around it, it's there to make your opponent think twice about his block strings and give a suitable advantage made for punishing their mistake of forgetting it. I don't think Joker needs to use his trait for it to have presence. The duration+ is a good conservative change that will encourage more practice with it.

Also wondering what sort of combos the change in the gas will open up. Maybe the throw gas could even be useful.

We don't know how much faster the gases will be. They might be useful in the projectile game, or it might just be a frame faster to make sure combos are consistent.

laudanum09

Darling
We don't know how much faster the gases will be. They might be useful in the projectile game, or it might just be a frame faster to make sure combos are consistent.
aaaaand that's pretty much how it worked out with having a great plus frame string to use as hit confirms for teeth, frame traps etc.

JRosa21

Noob
See you in two weeks when he gets buffed again, he needs more. This still doesn't make him good enough for tournament play.

laudanum09

Darling
i didn't expect to be playing the final character after round 1 of buffs. We still have two more rounds to go at the least so I'll be patient about it and am glad they're at least going in the right direction.

JRosa21

Noob
i didn't expect to be playing the final character after round 1 of buffs. We still have two more rounds to go at the least so I'll be patient about it and am glad they're at least going in the right direction.
they ABSOLUTELY need to make his trait a 1 frame parry. once that's in, count me in as returning to being a joker main. . .

laudanum09

Darling
they ABSOLUTELY need to make his trait a 1 frame parry. once that's in, count me in as returning to being a joker main. . .
I actually think they should do more. Why have it be a TRAIT when all it is is another version of Batman or Killer Frost's parry? Both 1 frame might I add. We should be able to HOLD parry for a certain amount of time and make it universal instead of high/low. Not only do we have to guess when to use a 2 frame parry but also whether we're getting hit mid or low. Pointless difficulty barrier. Increase the recovery or whatever but it should not only be a good parry but a unique one.

JRosa21

Noob
I actually think they should do more. Why have it be a TRAIT when all it is is another version of Batman or Killer Frost's parry? Both 1 frame might I add. We should be able to HOLD parry for a certain amount of time and make it universal instead of high/low. Not only do we have to guess when to use a 2 frame parry but also whether we're getting hit mid or low. Pointless difficulty barrier. Increase the recovery or whatever but it should not only be a good parry but a unique one.
uh yeah I've been saying since day one joker should've had that. In dev he had a 1 frame parry, why the hell did they change it. They did my man dirty. He will be inevitably buffed again though so don't worry. As of right now, still at the bottom of my tiers.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
These buffs (if you can call them that) are pretty worthless. Parry still sucks. Even though it last longer it is not worth the risk or damage (11% is a joke when batman does 12% and killer frost can mb hers and get a full combo not to mention they have a 1 frame parry)

The low tank thing is a fix not a buff. It should of been working on the bug chars from the beginning

Don't expect it to be fast either since it says "slightly"

Nrs could careless about joker. They don't even know his inputs. Smh

laudanum09

Darling
Huh no idea u played the dev version. Guess they pulled in a lotta mahvel dudes eh? Well at least it seems inevitable at least that's what this round of buffs tells me so I'm just going to be patient until the last DLC character gets released. The thing that gets me upset is that someone at NRS thought it would be too good as a 1 frame parry...parries that don't work against jump ins or meaties are ass anyways...last thing is that they should make f.2 an overhead...give him a way to get damage off a mix up. why bother to have an OH at the ends of strings when they can't be mixed up with lows. just block joker high all day lol.

JRosa21

Noob
These buffs (if you can call them that) are pretty worthless. Parry still sucks. Even though it last longer it is not worth the risk or damage (11% is a joke when batman does 12% and killer frost can mb hers and get a full combo not to mention they have a 1 frame parry)

The low tank thing is a fix not a buff. It should of been working on the bug chars from the beginning

Don't expect it to be fast either since it says "slightly"

Nrs could careless about joker. They don't even know his inputs. Smh
I completely agree. These 'buffs' are pathetic and a waste of my time. I don't know why I keep labbing this character when I'm never gonna be able to break him out in a tournament match against non scrubs.

JRosa21

Noob
Huh no idea u played the dev version. Guess they pulled in a lotta mahvel dudes eh? Well at least it seems inevitable at least that's what this round of buffs tells me so I'm just going to be patient until the last DLC character gets released. The thing that gets me upset is that someone at NRS thought it would be too good as a 1 frame parry...parries that don't work against jump ins or meaties are ass anyways...last thing is that they should make f.2 an overhead...give him a way to get damage off a mix up. why bother to have an OH at the ends of strings when they can't be mixed up with lows. just block joker high all day lol.
I wasn't on the dev team, but I have a lot of friends in high places that fill me in...if you know what I mean.

Nasdi

Noob
very very disappointed by this patch :(
i was scrolling down fingers crossed and just hoping to see a huge list of improvements for Joker but alas.....such a fun character, fun moves and good damage but lacks so much that it makes him unplayable :(

well time to pickup batgirl and see if i can make her my main now.
ill see you on PJS winning stream jrosa