What's new

Guide Joker Parry Guide

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Being able to parry strings properly is going to be a huge part of Joker's metagame. zaf and myself went through with all the characters and made a list of the strings that are able to be parried for each character. Since there is no cancel advantage in the frame data, we were not able to find gaps by looking at the information so we set the CPU to reversal parry.

Disclaimer: All of the information below works for Batman and Killer Frost, you are unable to set Joker to reversal parry, it's not available. His parry is a 2 frame start up unlike Batman/Killer Frost who have a 1 frame start up. It is possible some of these gaps might not work for Joker, you would need to test them out manually. Cat

Legend
1- Light
2- Medium
3- Hard
F- Forward
D- Down
U- up
B- back
- When you input parry

Aquaman
112-3
F1-32

Ares
22-3

Bane
B2-1

Batman
11-3

Black Adam
1-3
22-3

Catwoman
Not able to parry anything.

Cyborg
1-1
1-12
1-13

Deathstroke

Doomsday
12-3
B1-3
12-3

Flash
F21-3

Green Arrow

Green Lantern
B1-2
B1-3
F2-D1
F2-D13

Harley Quinn
Tantrum Stance - Kartwheel

Hawkgirl
12-B3
F1-1
F1-3

Joker

Killer Frost
Not able to parry anything

Lex Luthor
11-3

Nightwing
Escrima
11-2
Staff

Raven
22-3

Shazam
2-2

Sinestro
B2-B3

Solomon Grundy
F12-2
F22-3
3-3
D2-3

Superman

Wonderwoman
Lasso Stance
3-3
Sword Stance
11-2

Yo big ups to you guys for figuring this out. Joker's parry seemed pretty useless at first glance, but this might make it viable.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I've been making videos of all the strings joker can parry and some that can be super in between.

There are some you don't have listed. But this will help as I'm still half the cast done.

Some only joker can parry because he has a low parry.

I'll post the full video when done. But this will help against chars I have not got too.

zaf

professor
I've been making videos of all the strings joker can parry and some that can be super in between.

There are some you don't have listed. But this will help as I'm still half the cast done.

Some only joker can parry because he has a low parry.

I'll post the full video when done. But this will help against chars I have not got too.
List what is missing and we will add it.

zaf

professor
Yo big ups to you guys for figuring this out. Joker's parry seemed pretty useless at first glance, but this might make it viable.
Ya man for sure. This tied in with anticipating block strings when people throw them out. And pokes too.

this is great i was working on reversals that could be ha parried and wake up attacks as well
so far almost all physical hitting attacks can be parried except for lex's corpse charge i would like someone to verify this for me
and deathstrokes swordflip
lex's charge is weird i think it just might be too fast but all other none unblockable charge can be parried no problem
i tried to parry lex up close and from a far to give me more time but no go.
also some cancels into specials can also be parried like doomsday d1 into shoulder.
i just wish he could parry jump in.. but oh well.
One last note if you are having trouble parrying some of the faster wake up attacks like flash's head butt thing u can just look at the opponents meter and time your parry with when the words wake up attack appear

Being able to parry strings properly is going to be a huge part of Joker's metagame. zaf and myself went through with all the characters and made a list of the strings that are able to be parried for each character. Since there is no cancel advantage in the frame data, we were not able to find gaps by looking at the information so we set the CPU to reversal parry.

Killer Frost

11-2
Killer Frost's slide can be parried low

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
this is great i was working on reversals that could be ha parried and wake up attacks as well
so far almost all physical hitting attacks can be parried except for lex's corpse charge i would like someone to verify this for me
and deathstrokes swordflip
lex's charge is weird i think it just might be too fast but all other none unblockable charge can be parried no problem
i tried to parry lex up close and from a far to give me more time but no go.
also some cancels into specials can also be parried like doomsday d1 into shoulder.
i just wish he could parry jump in.. but oh well.
One last note if you are having trouble parrying some of the faster wake up attacks like flash's head butt thing u can just look at the opponents meter and time your parry with when the words wake up attack appear
Tested it. You cannot parry Lex Luthor's corpse charge because he is registered as "truly" airborne. Some moves where your opponents feet leave the ground can be parried but moves like the lex charge and I assume Deathstrokes flip cannot be parried. I don't see a logical reason personally as to why Joker's parry can't be used against air attacks.

I'm at the point where I think it needs a buff. Sure it's useful, but can it really stack up to Aquaman's or Batman's trait? It's not fair that they get traits like that while Joker gets a tough to use counter with a small reward for a potentially huge risks. The HA boosts don't last nearly a enough time and the counter doesn't do nearly enough damage. Why did NRS and the testers think this was OK as a trait?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Tested it. You cannot parry Lex Luthor's corpse charge because he is registered as "truly" airborne. Some moves where your opponents feet leave the ground can be parried but moves like the lex charge and I assume Deathstrokes flip cannot be parried. I don't see a logical reason personally as to why Joker's parry can't be used against air attacks.

I'm at the point where I think it needs a buff. Sure it's useful, but can it really stack up to Aquaman's or Batman's trait? It's not fair that they get traits like that while Joker gets a tough to use counter with a small reward for a potentially huge risks. The HA boosts don't last nearly a enough time and the counter doesn't do nearly enough damage. Why did NRS and the testers think this was OK as a trait?
Chris g told me he told them jokers trait should last the entire match. He said that should be a permeable reward for making 3 reads.

Hopefully they do something with him.