What's new

Guide Joker Parry Guide

Akka

Noob
Sweet thread. I've been desperately trying to figure out how to take advantage of his trait. I just hate how even if you get 2 great reads someone can simply just back off for a second and all your progress towards 3 HA's is gone. :-/

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've been making videos of all the strings joker can parry and some that can be super in between.

There are some you don't have listed. But this will help as I'm still half the cast done.

Some only joker can parry because he has a low parry.

I'll post the full video when done. But this will help against chars I have not got too.
I was doing same thing but ill let u do it lol

Pig Of The Hut

Why did NRS and the testers think this was OK as a trait?
we didnt and btw i advocated massively for it

I wanted parry to be universal where it would parry low and mid moves without direction change and F Y I the window of active frames was around 2 and i lobbied heavy for it to be what it is now but wanted more

Testers make suggestions, designers and programmers make final say and take in to count our suggestions

Pig Of The Hut

Chris g told me he told them jokers trait should last the entire match. He said that should be a permeable reward for making 3 reads.

Hopefully they do something with him.
yea we both did, we were trying hard

Pig Of The Hut

Ah I see. NRS were just being pigheaded about this. They must have something against The Joker lol.
well no they have good reasons for doing what they end up doing and feel like waiting it out to see what they players in time develop w it

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
well no they have good reasons for doing what they end up doing and feel like waiting it out to see what they players in time develop w it
OK, didn't know there was an endgame here. Alright, we'll play along and wait this one out. I still really feel like it needs a buff and I would say this same about Harley's trait.

Pig Of The Hut

OK, didn't know there was an endgame here. Alright, we'll play along and wait this one out. I still really feel like it needs a buff and I would say this same about Harley's trait.
I recommended harley trait be re-done and give her ability to be invincible to projectiles for 4-5 secs

Also Im not really sure what they could do at this point to joker trait other than have him keep it full round or until clashed/expand hit window a tad more

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
I recommended harley trait be re-done and give her ability to be invincible to projectiles for 4-5 secs

Also Im not really sure what they could do at this point to joker trait other than have him keep it full round or until clashed/expand hit window a tad more
That would be sufficient actually. Give you the ability to hold out your counters and back dash out of them, speed it up to 1 frame start up like Batman's, and have you keep the boosts indefinitely or for much, much longer. If Aquaman can have a meterless combo breaker Joker can have a damn good counter.

For Harley, either give her trait some invincibility on use or give you the ability to back dash out of them immediately while still getting their effects. Also, make the bomb a guaranteed action she can only do from crouching and using her trait. If the unblockable set ups prove to be too overwhelming, make it blockable but with very high frame advantage.

I'm okay with that. If I could keep the "HA" the whole round, I'd be willing to take the risk to use it.

Crazy idea: What if Joker could parry projectiles? The speed boost could help him get in, and then it would be alright if it only lasted a short while.

The Joker can whiff parry throws

All standard throws and most command throws (being Harley, Grundy, Cyborg, KF, Shazam, and Banes) can be whiffed by using Jokers low parry. The only throw not effected by it is Grundys bf2 and his super, but it does work on Banes super.

The Joker can whiff parry throws

All standard throws and most command throws (being Harley, Grundy, Cyborg, KF, Shazam, and Banes) can be whiffed by using Jokers low parry. The only throw not effected by it is Grundys bf2 and his super, but it does work on Banes super.
Finally. A viable use for the parry. Still not worth as a trait but atleast usefull to stop grabs as a counter move itself.