What's new

Joker Parry 1.05 Discussion

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Hmmm I see, ok I didn't know this trick vs KF, good to know thank you.

laudanum09 Ok the 212 gun cancel dash is safe with the patch 1.05 ? Before it was not the case, you couldn't continue the pressure. Right now you are telling me that it's the case right ?

laudanum09

Darling
Dr Jackal

you know what, I realize I was testing against KF's reversal slide.

so whatever frame startup she has on that, you are at an advantage after 212 gun dash cancel. you can use that to gauge what buttons you can push and how much advantage you're really at.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Dr Jackal

you know what, I realize I was testing against KF's reversal slide.

so whatever frame startup she has on that, you are at an advantage after 212 gun dash cancel. you can use that to gauge what buttons you can push and how much advantage you're really at.
laudanum09 ok this a really great news, I discovered this trad long time ago but it was too risky to use it against good players. Right now it can be a really nice strategy. The opponent doesn't have the time to wake up or poke ? It's a cool thing with this patch. I will do all the test in 8 hours ^^

Do we have the time to block vs lex luthor wake up ?

laudanum09

Darling
212 gun dash cancel on block, KF's reversal slide is beaten with pokes.

I'm sure its different for different matchups when on hit.

Ok, I have to ask, do B3 and F3 beat the parry??????because either that or it's duration still sucks !!! I am getting B3 out of parry every time:(

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Stop guys! U talking about block advantage or hit??? If it works on block like Kabal's NMDC then it will be a bomb!
Yeah that's what we are talking about, but I think we really need to verify this. NRS Fixed the dash in the game, that's why the 212gun cancel + dash could works for the pressure on block. It's not an affirmation but it can be possible. ^^ If someone can test before me I will be glad.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
And if not ;) It may be the case if we are in HA HA HA, it can be the force of this parry... Set up a good pressure on block with 212gun cancel dash + what you want because Joker is faster.

Edit : Ok I had a talking with Saja on Finish Him, and the only dash which was modified is for Flash, so ... it could only works in HA mode. Pretty sure it's the big joker advantage to get his HA.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I'm still not finding much use for the trait overall.
It buffs walk speed and jump speed-
Does anyone here find themselves having time to walk around in this game?
The jump speed buff is nicer- as it allows Joker to include several more aerial attacks in his combos, for seven or so more percent damage.
But is 7% damage worth the risk of being blown up for attempting the parry?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I actually thought the active frames on the low parry were increased too. I can handle Batman and Frost's slides on wakeup no problem now.

I'm curious to see if this increase is really applicable in games during strings.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
We talked about the 212 gun cancel dash a while ago on another forum (don't remember which). It is NOT safe against quick wake-ups/reversals or pokes on block (almost positive), but is effective against characters with slower ones (KF slide is 15 or 16 frames on start-up I think). Good players are still gonna find ways around it, but it's a useful gimmick to throw in there and keep them guessing. And if it the string hits, gun dash cancel closes the resulting gap and puts you at advantage (could be enough time to throw out teeth and block->pushblock or start a setup, haven't tested). Also, doesn't having HA's have no effect on dashing, only walk speed and jump speed? If so, they aren't gonna change how this works at all...

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Didnt get to test much in the lab yesterday after making my comparison video (post it below)

Level 2 and 3 HAs does allow some extra combos that can do up to 47 percent without the need of teeth loop.

The main advantage js the crazy fast j2 in lvl 3. 2s is pretty good too.

Main strategy I see with high level HAs is getting in for crazy pressure and staying on them.

Biggest use is as follows....

21 gives you +5 and in level 3 HA. You can 21 jnto a j1 and cannot be hit out with Lex reversal corpse charge after the 21 is blocked. J2 should also work simce its 8 frames when done instant. But didnt test it much.

Against chars without fast reversals you can probably 21, j2, 21, J2, 21, etc.

This lasy part is theory since I didnt get time to test and just thought of it. Ppl may be able to back dash but since he so fast you can probably jump twice and punish them on the back dash recovery.

Also need to test stuff with 212 lgt MB into some jump pressure into 212 lgt MB etc. Its probably a block trap that cant be escaped unless they push block or you run out of meter. But you can always mix up the jumps and pressure

Anyways. HiT THE LAB FOLKS!!!

Hope I gave you some ideas to work with. Cant wait to get off work :p

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
We talked about the 212 gun cancel dash a while ago on another forum (don't remember which). It is NOT safe against quick wake-ups/reversals or pokes on block (almost positive), but is effective against characters with slower ones (KF slide is 15 or 16 frames on start-up I think). Good players are still gonna find ways around it, but it's a useful gimmick to throw in there and keep them guessing. And if it the string hits, gun dash cancel closes the resulting gap and puts you at advantage (could be enough time to throw out teeth and block->pushblock or start a setup, haven't tested). Also, doesn't having HA's have no effect on dashing, only walk speed and jump speed? If so, they aren't gonna change how this works at all...
Oh Really, I was sure the dash was modified with HA :D
I really need to play more with the parry to know his effects on Joker.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I also haven't messed with it much. Cat or anyone else, does HA buff affect dash at all or just walk/jump speed?

laudanum09

Darling
yup, on KF's reversal slide, it's completely safe on block and you can push buttons, but that's unlikely and its actually slow as shit, this game doesn't seem reversal heavy, wakeups are the issue. Oki or wakeup pressure seems to be kinda bad in this game too. too many options for the waking up player, although it's character specific.

low parry feels the same to me. the animation looks shorter than high/mid parry. im probably wrong though since i never messed with low parry anyways.

dat D2. I can imagine some optimized combos with this really making anti-airing with Joker a huge buff.

HA walkspeed and jump speed will be a huge benefit now that the neutral game has changed so much with everyone getting good D2s. Unless you just guess flat out, I doubt anyone could anti-air a level 3 jump 3. It's pretty much instant air timing to get a normal jump in out at level 3.

also can u parry wakeup moves point blank or am i just ass?

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
also can u parry wakeup moves point blank or am i just ass?
Might just have to work on the timing a bit, use those extra active frames and do your parry just before the wakeup. I was doing that shit to doomsday all day yesterday and it feels so righteous.

Probly shouldn't go for point blank parrys too much though, your opponent might just throw you if they expect it.

Been thinking. There are a few resets (KF and GL come to mind) that use F3 to reset. Can we just mash parry? Come to think of it, in general, should we block and try to punish a reset attempt, or go for the parry?

laudanum09

Darling
Been thinking. There are a few resets (KF and GL come to mind) that use F3 to reset. Can we just mash parry? Come to think of it, in general, should we block and try to punish a reset attempt, or go for the parry?
ur commiting to the 50/50 so youll get hit if ur wrong anyways so why not?

laudanum09 said:
ur commiting to the 50/50 so youll get hit if ur wrong anyways so why not?
Well, once people wise up, they may start throwing or, for some deep meta, wait for the parry whiff then reset.