What's new

Tech Joker OTG Crowbar Tech Patch 1.06

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Alright, it's finally done. Sorry for the delay! Had to re-record a bunch of stuff because the default file type was incompatible with my editor. For those of you who followed SonicFox's thread, I included a little easter egg at the teeth b13 loop section... doesn't matter though, we're all wrong and don't know what we're talking about.
Anyways, laudanum09, feel free to throw this in the OP. Thanks to everyone who helped discover all these OTGs (I threw a little bit of my own stuff in, but it's mostly a compilation of the entire community's work)!
I know, I know, Batman's slide kick isn't the safest wakeup, but that doesn't matter here because everything shown in this video works on the entire cast and will stuff everyone's wakeup attempts (unless someone has some weird ground hitbox that I'm not accounting for...).
One thing I noticed while making this is for midscreen OTG stuff, b1 and d2 can only be done if you are relatively close to your opponent when you land the MB crowbar, while d3 and bf3 can be done even when you connect at or near the max range of the crowbar. Something to keep in mind. The corner is where the real good stuff is, and this doesn't matter at all there, but figured it was worth mentioning.
Anyways, enjoy!

Gilbagz
Qwark28
Wild Card
MetaSkipper
ThaShiveGeek
lorenzo
Dr Jackal
Cat
Ren21
AA25Mamba
B W1zZ
OmegaK
Jack White
Fromundaman
OnlineRon91
jaym7018
Zino
AK elitegoomba
KonDcnT
JokersWild515
Dislexsik
MrSunshine

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i got a nice ass concept in my mind that im gonna post within the hour, its dirty and nice

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Really? This stuff feels less technically difficult to me than teeth loops or even anything involving D1>B1>teeth, which I still drop way more than I feel I should.

Also great vid Steve0!

May have to use the midscreen B1>MB Crowbar/raw MB crowbar mixup more. Didn't realize how good of a wallcarry that can be, and it's not like Joker ever lacks meter.

laudanum09

Darling
It makes things even more technical because people will start blocking. then the metagame begins, where matchup specific counters to the block will have to be worked out. Then, as people learn about those, then counters to that etc. Joker is going to get more play and people will have to learn to block. It's not hard once you LEARN it but trying to learn a fuzzy guard timing on the fly is not happening in a tournament. We will have to adapt to other people adapting.

Too bad, I hoped we had something that was essentially a universal corner game, but alas more permutations of more options of more counters to counters. All this if X then Y shit makes my head hurt!

StevoSuprem0

Good shit man
Lol at the easter eggs

Does b3 always combo though? I was trying to get it to combo but I could only get the otg.
Does it only combo when in a transitional corner?
I need to check, but I think it may be the case that it only combos when it's a transition.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Great work Stevo! Very well done!

Gilbagz - Yes even in a transition stage I only got the otg and they are able to block. If they did not block, then the hit counter would continue instead of being reset.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Good shit stevo, very nice vid.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but I haven't seen it written anywhere. An easy way to land a crowbar in a match is to do ji3 b1 xx crowbar. After ji3 hits you can follow up with b1 xx crowbar into an OTG setup. This works on crossup as well. This means his already dope-ass j3 is also a good starter for an OTG setup. I just figured this out since I've had crowbar erased from my memory until this patch, but hopefully it's news to someone.

StevoSuprem0

Good shit stevo, very nice vid.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but I haven't seen it written anywhere. An easy way to land a crowbar in a match is to do ji3 b1 xx crowbar. After ji3 hits you can follow up with b1 xx crowbar into an OTG setup. This works on crossup as well. This means his already dope-ass j3 is also a good starter for an OTG setup. I just figured this out since I've had crowbar erased from my memory until this patch, but hopefully it's news to someone.
Yeah I used to do ji3 b1 flower because it's decent mixup, safe, and connects on hit as well. Crowbar now meets the same criteria, and leads into a bunch more situations. Thus, it's a better choice than flower in most matchups/situations.

JokersWild515

I'm a man of my word.
Stevo, I loved the video! All this OTG stuff is gonna be a major part of Joker's game!
On that note, can we get this stickied?