What's new

Joker Moveset Overhaul

Can we just have the entirety of his moveset changed ? It’s clear for the past 4 years his current moveset doesn’t fit the game and he’s gonna be forever trash tier unless he gets broken tier buffs. Why not just give him the Wonder Woman treatment and redesign his moveset completely ?

It would be cool if he was a trap based character but fought like Faust from the Guilty Gear series with powerful yet random tools at his disposal and a wide variety of ranged attacks.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Why not just have his base moveset improved? Overhauling an entire character moveset is too big of a change at this point, if NRS was ever going to do that they would have overhauled the moveset pre-release.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Why not just have his base moveset improved? Overhauling an entire character moveset is too big of a change at this point, if NRS was ever going to do that they would have overhauled the moveset pre-release.

I would love his moveset to be completely changed at this point but I agree we know realistically that won't happen. Maybe if there's an injustice 3 we could be blessed with a better character.

I would love some more improvements to the character but at this point I highly doubt he will get that either. He got, for the most part, ignored in injustice 1, then nerfed for injustice 2 and just got 2 real buffs in the last patch that really didn't change the character in any MU's.

I hope joker will have better luck in the next game lol

make first hit of f232 advance slightly and ex parry is +2 with no pushback. Done.
This is basically all he needs.

F2 should be able to reach as far as the opponent is after mb low gas canister so we can have a mid to pressure with.

Ex Parry +6 just make it our turn. At +2 people will just poke out of anything except a down 1

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
make first hit of f232 advance slightly and ex parry is +2 with no pushback. Done.
If you want to make any adjustment to his f232 string, it should be make it faster with no gap between 3 and 2, and increase the hitbox slightly on 3 and 2. These adjustments would make it useful.

Adjusting it to have more reach isn't really necessary. The move itself has a good distance when the string actually starts.

The problem with the f232 string is it's slow as fuck, hit has no respectable hitbox and has a dumb ass gap between 3 and 2. Not to mention, the hit advantage on the last hit of the f232 is absolute garbage. I don't think it links with anything.

It's ridiculous that other characters have such strong forward advancing strings WITH a plethora of useful tools and setups, while joker doesn't.... lol

@PetulantWaste I agree with the parry being +6 with no pushback. We are spending meter, we should get a turn afterwards. You have tons of other characters that get turns for spending meter.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Here's what should happen.

Parry should be like mkdc where you cancel a string on hit and it connects and still act like a parry on block.

F2 now takes a step forward

Db1 is 35 frames and overhead because a 41f projectile what doesn't even travel full screen houldn't even exist...

D3 is safe because why does blue beetle get a faster, low profiling, safe sweep with the same distance.

Trait completely renthink this because it's completely useless.

They can keep the lvl 1 system but include buffs.

Lvl 1 mvt speed increase lvl 2 jump speed and pre patch Catwoman walk speed, lvl 3 dashes.
Lvl 2 all his special moves are 1-2 frames faster
Lvl 3 his strings gain a 1-2f speed increase (except D1)

The cooldown and durrations are reversed though. Lvl 1 last the longest, lvl 3 last shortest.

And the most important one change teeth back to db3 because what the fuck

Honestly I'd just like the trait change because the Catwoman walk speed would really help and the d3 change would help him too.

Reactions: Vex

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

Parry should be like mkdc where you cancel a string on hit and it connects and still act like a parry on block.

Db1 is 35 frames and overhead because a 41f projectile what doesn't even travel full screen houldn't even exist...

D3 is safe because why does blue beetle get a faster, low profiling, safe sweep with the same distance.

Lvl 1 mvt speed increase lvl 2 jump speed and pre patch Catwoman walk speed, lvl 3 dashes.

The cooldown and durrations are reversed though. Lvl 1 last the longest, lvl 3 last shortest.

Honestly I'd just like the trait change because the Catwoman walk speed would really help and the d3 change would help him too.
I always forget how unsafe jokers d3 is lol and I don't even think jokers low profiles

DeftMonk

Noob
If you want to make any adjustment to his f232 string, it should be make it faster with no gap between 3 and 2, and increase the hitbox slightly on 3 and 2. These adjustments would make it useful.

Adjusting it to have more reach isn't really necessary. The move itself has a good distance when the string actually starts.

The problem with the f232 string is it's slow as fuck, hit has no respectable hitbox and has a dumb ass gap between 3 and 2. Not to mention, the hit advantage on the last hit of the f232 is absolute garbage. I don't think it links with anything.

It's ridiculous that other characters have such strong forward advancing strings WITH a plethora of useful tools and setups, while joker doesn't.... lol

@PetulantWaste I agree with the parry being +6 with no pushback. We are spending meter, we should get a turn afterwards. You have tons of other characters that get turns for spending meter.
as is it doesn't advance until the second hit. So as you know many situations where d2 is our only punish.....if the first hit advanced as well then we could start getting some kind of punish game going if not at least block pressure. As is with no advancing string, if people are negative as hell but not right on our nuts we cant capitalize

DeftMonk

Noob

Oh ya forgot to include high can. Someone was definitely high on something when they made this. If it isn't gonna travel full screen or be an overhead, at least let us use it as an AA against the flying people by making it have a higher arc. As you mentioned the startup on this move does not make any sense as is.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
as is it doesn't advance until the second hit. So as you know many situations where d2 is our only punish.....if the first hit advanced as well then we could start getting some kind of punish game going if not at least block pressure. As is with no advancing string, if people are negative as hell but not right on our nuts we cant capitalize
No I agree with you but how would you capitalize when the full string doesn't actually combo, nor have an active hitbox?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
As someone who has been missing around with the Joker since 2013, I've always wanted to see his zoning buffed. I think that would be the simplest and most effective way to make him a really good character.