What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker Midscreen AA combos & possible Teeth loops?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I have no problems hitting this except for the final 3,2. I'm just slightly out of range for it. How do I need to adjust? I've tried hitting the Neutral Jump 3 at max height, B3 as early as possible and Jump In 2 late and early. If I do it late I can land 2,3 xx flower but other than that I can't get the ender to land.

Tried both going straight into it as well as doing far teeth, ji2, far teeth, ji3, far teeth and then your combo but no dice. Tips? And also does it do more than 53%? I know it's probably not as difficult as I'm making it but I still haven't gotten Netherrealm games to bend to my will quite like I can with capcom games so I'll probably stick with my far teeth, ji2, far teeth, ji3, far teeth, ji3, b3, 3,2 xx flower combo for consistency sake.
I usually do the j2 at the end pretty late. I'll post a video later. Does 50% and by far the most consistent to me. No need to worry about doing a 3rd teeth for only 3% more.
Usually do far teeth or mid teeth second but it don't matter. Just the j2 at the end has to be semi late.

on d2 xx teeth - try d2 from the df position and then do a QCB + 3. That's what I do and it works out pretty well. At first I was exceedingly frustrated by how tough this cancel is....
try this:
When doing d+2, hold 2 while you input the db+3. This prevents the 2nd input of 2 of two from coming out so you never get the RLG.
works like a charm for any input where you accidentally get the wrong special move from the button being used

This is if you turn negative edge off or it doesn't matter? I think maybe turning off negative edge probably would help you with this too.

laudanum09

Darling
try this:

works like a charm for any input where you accidentally get the wrong special move from the button being used
My negative edge is always turned off so I don't have the RLG input error. I'm assuming this is why this happens, don't see how it could otherwise. df2 helps with timing the cancel which itself is difficult for some reason for me from a d2 position. For me, df2, qcb3 is just much easier to get the cancel, I dunno why exactly, probably because it's closer to Street Fighter or Marvel cancel timing and going from d2 to b3 for the cancel just comes out too quick for me. df2 and qcb just slows it down enough.

I usually do the j2 at the end pretty late. I'll post a video later. Does 50% and by far the most consistent to me. No need to worry about doing a 3rd teeth for only 3% more.
Usually do far teeth or mid teeth second but it don't matter. Just the j2 at the end has to be semi late.
gotcha, I knew it probably had something to do with that j.2 timing. I'll give it a shot later thanks.

so i see al this xx stuff in combos.. idont get it.. it is supposed to mean cancel out? but i dont cancel out anything and the combos work fine.. can someone explain ?

laudanum09

Darling
Sorry. Normal move xx Special move means cancel. I think it's more street fighter notation. I personally like it but if there's something the MK guys are more used to then I will change for the future.

Sorry. Normal move xx Special move means cancel. I think it's more street fighter notation. I personally like it but if there's something the MK guys are more used to then I will change for the future.
ah ic that was bothering me.. well i thought maybe there was a trick to it making it easier to execute..but atleast i know now that its just a transition to a special move

laudanum09

Darling
so 3,2,3, close teeth(cancel first knife of the last 3) followed by immediate d.1 , instant overhead 2 or crossup 2 or 3 seems okay. 1,1 and f.2, 3 also cancel into teeth, provide a lot of hit stun and keep you close.

Theres enough of a gap between 3,2,3 teeth and the d.1 but they have to be holding up already. If they try to react the d.1 should keep em locked and grounded and the instant overhead 2 makes it semi-unblockable and times it so you can still get a b.3 into a full combo. also a great throw setup since it's reward, reward for joker. they tech the throw, they get punished by teeth, they get thrown and they get hit by teeth (no followup if you land the throw). You almost want them to tech in this situation.

not great but it's something to add to our bag of tricks. maybe. either way, no hope really for a real way to go from a grounded combo into a forced block of teeth that we can follow up aside from the flower to teeth. that might be the best one except they could just hold down back the entire time if they have presence of mind.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Man, I am not a Joker main...but the teeth loop stuff is so swag. I am sure this has all been discovered but you guys got me into training mode to try this crap out.

laudanum09

Darling
I already posted that combo the last page back. I think the 2% is worth it since it's just easier to complete overall and gives you more options depending on the situation. worry about how to end it and not if you can execute it. That last far teeth into 2,1 flower in the first teeth loop video Nos99 posted is so hard to complete lol.

laudanum09

Darling
Sure, i didn't mean to come off as a dick if I did. I'm getting together a youtube playlist of all the good joker stuff for reference in case anyone wants a link.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I already posted that combo the last page back. I think the 2% is worth it since it's just easier to complete overall and gives you more options depending on the situation. worry about how to end it and not if you can execute it. That last far teeth into 2,1 flower in the first teeth loop video Nos99 posted is so hard to complete lol.
Yeah, that combo was so swag. I managed to pull it off like 3 times total in the span of 10 minutes so I just decided to go for 2 loops and a b3 with the normal 32 acid flower finisher that people are probably used to.

those teethloops became pretty easy after alot of practise in training mode.. but online is a different story... i just came to the conclusion to use an easier version online doing teeth jump 3, teeth,3,3 and 3,3 which is 43%... also you can do a armored wall bang right after a down 2 which i have never seen in a combo video before.. so we now have 3 options as a starter for an instant wallbang

I know, some of the data is off =/, but it's a single hit, so I would hope so.
just a FYI on the frame data I recorded the computer doing a f+3 after the teeth explode and I'm able to get a 6f move in it's definitely NOT 82, but it is easily around +20 (I couldn't interrupt his s.3 with hawkgirls d+1 which is 6f)

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
just a FYI on the frame data I recorded the computer doing a f+3 after the teeth explode and I'm able to get a 6f move in it's definitely NOT 82, but it is easily around +20 (I couldn't interrupt his s.3 with hawkgirls d+1 which is 6f)
That's good to know, that is more than enough time to set up.