What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker Midscreen AA combos & possible Teeth loops?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
So i was working on some AA combos and figured something pretty interesting that may help jokers game a ton...
after a d2 you can go into a teeth and combo , and seconds later the teeth pop up for a additional juggle..
ive gotten to teeth loop 3 times. with d2 teeth(far) , 21, teeth (mid teeth) (first teeth blows up), 21, teeth (second teeth blows up) , then d1 (3rd teeth blows up)...
i didnt record this as i was still trying to come up with additional set ups..

another thing i found is you can reset the opponent by doing d2 teeth , 21 teeth, (First teeth blows up) and then 2 into acid (puts opponent in the ground, where the second teeth blows up right away and resets if not blocking low right after)
now this can be blocked low of course.. but im pretty confident that some additional set ups can come from this..

i have to sleep so ill have to work on it some more after work tomorrow.. you guys should try and come up with set ups as well

Joker8417
Jack White
FordCruller
Qwark28
Pig Of The Hut
GGA 16 Bit
REO

Anyways .. here is the Swag ass Midscreen , no meter, AA combos.
this are true combos.. (combo numbers go up)

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
This is great! Also, for online you can just d2 teeth to set up for unblockables in the case you have connection problems.

What I've been playing with is.. j2, 3, db2MB, b3, j2. db 3, f3, 323, bf2. I just took Cat's combo and tried to use teeth as a reset after the j2. I hope I did the notation right. xP

**EDIT**

They can roll out on the teeth but you could do far teeth mix up stuff maybe.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Cat An awesome find man, I know what the first thing I will be working on with good ole Joe. :p Unfortunately I haven't really messed with Joker very much at all these past couple of days, but he was the very next character I plan to work on after Black Adam. I will be sure to post anything I might happen to find. :)

Usually when I can land the unblockable setups from teeth f3 I usually follow up with d2.That setup puts them just as high and im sure you can do the same setup.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Hahaha excellent stuff. This is going to take some practice for me. As soon as I'm finished with my uni exams I'll be working in the lab.

Cat

What I've been playing with is.. j2, 3, db2MB, b3, j2. db 3, f3, 323, bf2. I just took Cat's combo and tried to use teeth as a reset after the j2. I hope I did the notation right. xP

**EDIT**

They can roll out on the teeth but you could do far teeth mix up stuff maybe.
Unfortunately, even if you do far teeth. They avoid the entire mix up. And the jump 2 won't reach.
But it works great when near the corner. That's usually when I go for this set up as they can't roll back. And if you see a wake up coming. You can always f3 MB and beat most out. Into the teeth reset

I'll work on this set up more and try to find something more. Maybe near the corner I can find some inescapable set ups after a combo.

Can't wait to get off work and school to hit the lab

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
ok so, I have got a 65% reset combo using some of this tech with joker's j2 mb gas can combo :joker: maybe it will prove useful? will upload from my ipod!

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I can't squeeze more out of that, I haven't tried ending with sweep instead of flower but I think a teeth set up would work well. unless they try to jump in after that flower and you can AA for the last 30% with cat's AA tech. I'm also going to be looking into some meterless stuffs :joker: glad I could be of service. Pig Of The Hut I think that I've gotten better at this stuff since I messaged you lol.

Cat

could end with a teeth set up also. I'm going to see if you could possibly go into another teeth loop extention :confused:
thats what i was talking about.. that reset only works if your opponent is not blocking low when the teeth reset.. its a small window but blockable

although i need to check how much advantage the low teeth on block grant.. maybe it will lead into a free jump in which will be great

as for midscreen combos.. i try to use the background RB button .. you can get 41 percent no meter.. with a j2, 32 , RB, b3, j2, into 212 flower (or 32 flower)

chores

bad at things
is this: JI2, 3, db2 mb, b3, d2, teeth far, 2 acid, ji2, 32 acid?

i cant get 2 acid fast enough after d2 teeth

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
yeah it takes some getting used to. I try to do it all one input like 2:l:r 2(non alternate controls), might also be the height they're at.

chores

bad at things
also as an unrelated sidenote if you time b3 db2mb just right it is unblockable and has time to get teeth out after. dont know if that helps making combos

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
How do I get medium teeth to come out mid combo? I try to do DB+3 U but all I get is close teeth. I found out that far teeth would only come out mid combo if I press DB+3 FD (it works outside of a combo with f for me) this is on a ps2 pad.

Charm thanks a lot for posting that!! Joker = Cyrax clone but blockable lol!!! I did it after a few tries, that is the right combo.

for D2 far teeth set release check to off and press D+2 B+3 FD and you might have an easier time landing the 2 acid flower.

edit: NRS might've fixed some inputs or my timing got better, Forward teeth and Up teeth work during combos for me now.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
the way I control direction is to do the input and then hold the direction once the move starts to come out. in the video I posted I was only using far teeth but that's how I got it to work.

Cat

yeah it takes some getting used to. I try to do it all one input like 2:l:r 2(non alternate controls), might also be the height they're at.
If the reset hits. You can just do b3 into a combo for way more damage