What's new

Tech Joker Low Parry VS Grabs

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Someone posted this video.. which shows how you can use low parry to evade certain command grabs and even punish some...
for Example, Grundys walking corpse... you can low parry to evade it and punish it with 2, low tank mb, into full combo.. you can even do 3 into low tank mb if you did the parry as quick as possible

the timing for this is not strict at all.. i tested it. and you can do the low parry very fast and it makes you dodge the grab for a long time..
its easy to do since its 2 frames.. so its easy to react even at point blank.

very good to avoid grundy walking corpse when you dont have the meter to b3 MB

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
This happens bc certain character attacks have throw insurability frames , but you can always cancel WC and punish the parry, and doing b3 mb doesn't work vs wc since it's 3 hits of armor

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

This happens bc certain character attacks have throw insurability frames , but you can always cancel WC and punish the parry, and doing b3 mb doesn't work vs wc since it's 3 hits of armor

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
b3 armor always work.. all you have to do is wait for the grab to hit the armor.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Almost all command grabs in this game can be ducked or low parried/evaded. Pretty awesome and hilarious when it happens.

Ren21

Noob
I think he means using mb b3 to absorb the actual grab not to stop the animation. But yea this would be too risky to use vs a WC. Trait maybe but you'd still have to react quick enough to dodge a trait grab.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I saw in there you can parry grundy command grab? how effective is this vs grundy super? *runs to lab*

Nope. When grundy has pants he don't stop.

Cat

Almost all command grabs in this game can be ducked or low parried/evaded. Pretty awesome and hilarious when it happens.
yeah.. but grundys command grab pretty much grabs everybody.. you cant duck it either like normal grabs. and its very good to low parry when they do it very close range or on your wake up, and you dont have time to do a b3mb

Does the low parry counter Grundy's trait, or just force it to whiff? From what I've seen, after full screen EX Swamp Hands, most Grundies will either go low or for some command grab. Low parry should beat all options, right?