What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Art

Grave_Intent
So I'm tired of all of these Joker down-players calling him nonviable, or sucks. Welp, enough of all of that. I am here to put ALL of you on blast. Joker is Top 10. Lets start with the first tech video.
YES. JOKER CAN INSTANT KILL YOU FREE AT IT ON CERTAIN STAGES. Sure I know some of you guys are going like "Pft, thats situational, hes still unviable."
Welp time to prove you wrong some more:
HE IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST DAMAGE OUTPUT CHARACTERS. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT. "Sure its just situational." Considering hes a setup character and he got 62% OFF A JI3, I don't want to hear how impractical this is.
If you still think thats not enough, check this out.
Yes. Take that in for a moment. It is a GRAB INFINITE. You are DAMNED if you do tech and you are DAMNED if you don't. He can continuously just set up teeth into grab all day and you aren't going to do anything about it. Oh and he can do it midscreen too, its great. Look what can happen:
And for my last tech. Joker has instant overheads. ( I messed this combo up with the instant ji1 into low teeth. It combos.) And he can cause an overhead low unblockable with this as well. He Can do a d1 into instant Ji2 for a free combo. Yes, everytime he d1s you, he gets a 50/50. Oh and I added some flavor in this tech - Check this out:
So I don't want to hear anything about Joker players downplaying him. The only "unwinnable" which is 7-3 IMO for Joker is Zatanna. His neutral is technical, and is very hard. If you can't handle it, drop this character.
Credits to @AK Trepound380 Thanks for being SOOO patient with me.. haha.
JOKERS BLOCK INFINITE TBA AFTER FINAL ROUND

edited/promoted by STORMS
SOooo Why didn't you play Joker at Final Round?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Remember when you used Black Adam for Joker's "losing match-ups?"
I'm sorry that in a local I used Black Adam for one match out of 6 in a matchup where Joker loses 7-3 vs at the time the second best WW even after beating him 2-1 in pools.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm sorry that in a local I used Black Adam for one match out of 6 in a matchup where Joker loses 7-3 vs at the time the second best WW even after beating him 2-1 in pools.
Uh-huh. I'm very sure that was the only time you ever used Black Adam, super ever, ever, ever for realsies, you guys.

*Looks at all the threads written by Qwark about Black Adam in the character's forum*

ONLY THAT ONE TIME AND NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN AFTER THAT, FOR SERIOUS THIS TIME!

My bad, Qwark.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
People can some1 pliz share a link where I can see this combos can't find them on youtube
EDIT: [links fucked up]
For the record, there are similar clips of all this stuff and more throughout these forums. Take a look.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Uh-huh. I'm very sure that was the only time you ever used Black Adam, super ever, ever, ever for realsies, you guys.

*Looks at all the threads written by Qwark about Black Adam in the character's forum*

ONLY THAT ONE TIME AND NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN AFTER THAT, FOR SERIOUS THIS TIME!

My bad, Qwark.
Let me know when you play a character without a broken trait without anything outstanding since June and face your first 7-3.

StevoSuprem0

He used him in other matches, but they weren't all streamed.

I don't know why people act like he said he we going all Joker at FR or giving up Batgirl to become a Joker main :confused:
No one's acting like that. But he came in here calling us all frauds saying Joker is top 10, then only used him against people that didn't know the matchup.
D'ems fightin' words.

StevoSuprem0

@StevoSuprem0 wen I click on those vids its saying invalid URL am using a phone can u just share a link like youtube link e.g youtube.com/(url of the vid)
I literally posted the links, I dunno why they converted to the vids. You could just click the youtube button at the bottom, but here, just delete the "!" after the "y".
http://www.y!outube.com/watch?v=VNGfqkyt7nc
http://www.y!outube.com/watch?v=IIQV2wfjXuE
http://www.y!outube.com/watch?v=17N6p2tEF0Q
http://www.y!outube.com/watch?v=wVmx6UW8Euw
http://www.y!outube.com/watch?v=zq2f8LgqIPQ

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
No one's acting like that. But he came in here calling us all frauds saying Joker is top 10, then only used him against people that didn't know the matchup.
D'ems fightin' words.
Rofl, well he's only been playing Joker for a little while. KDZ has always said WW was top, but look how long it took him to feel comfortable relying on her in key tournament matches.

I don't think a decision not to play a new character in most of the matches in a ridiculously stacked tournament says anything about how good the character is. Sonic's still a Batgirl main first and foremost.

StevoSuprem0

Rofl, well he's only been playing Joker for a little while. KDZ has always said WW was top, but look how long it took him to feel comfortable relying on her in key tournament matches.

I don't think a decision not to play a new character in most of the matches in a ridiculously stacked tournament says anything about how good the character is. Sonic's still a Batgirl main first and foremost.
By his own admission, he has been playing Joker since the game came out; he said as much in this very thread.
LNSOCH, he's playing Batgirl against good players because she is an exponentially better character than Joker.
We've never downplayed, we think Joker is a solid mid-tier character with VERY difficult execution, but not top 10...
Not looking to start any shit, just putting the facts on the table.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
By his own admission, he has been playing Joker since the game came out; he said as much in this very thread.
LNSOCH, he's playing Batgirl against good players because she is an exponentially better character than Joker.
We've never downplayed, we think Joker is a solid mid-tier character with VERY difficult execution, but not top 10...
Not looking to start any shit, just putting the facts on the table.
I know what you mean, and I wouldn't put Joker in top 10 either. However the point still stands -- an alt is an alt, and whether someone chooses to play an alt in key tournament matches (when their main is a better choice) has no bearing on how good the character is. You have to do what you need to do to win.

I've been playing around with NW since day 1; but would I bet a tournament on it? Heck no, haha. Fooling around with a character and taking him seriously as a primary tournament main are two different things.

Last edited:

EMP Dark

Noob
Smh It's like i said before. Joker is not a terrible character like alot of people think he is. He definitely is a solid character. But if anybody falls into Sonic claims that this character is top 10 are delusional as hell especially after his pushblock nerf. Now i will admit with the right buffs this character could easily become top 10. But we all know he won't get them. That being said all you people who hyped up Sonic's Joker are dumb. @Notez4 was the 1 who stole the show at FR with the character & made him seem good not Sonic very good shit to him.

StevoSuprem0

I know what you mean, and I wouldn't put Joker in top 10 either. However the point still stands -- an alt is an alt, and whether someone chooses to play an alt in key tournament matches (when their main is a better choice) has no bearing on how good the character is. You have to do what you need to do to win.

I've been playing around with NW since day 1; but would I bet a tournament on it? Heck no, haha. Fooling around with a character and taking him seriously as a primary tournament main are two different things.
Yup. This boils down to him taking a jab at us, then not following up, so us sending one back. Nothing more. All in good fun.
Joker = the best.

StevoSuprem0

Smh It's like i said before. Joker is not a terrible character like alot of people think he is. He definitely is a solid character. But if anybody falls into Sonic claims that this character is top 10 are delusional as hell especially after his pushblock nerf. Now i will admit with the right buffs this character could easily become top 10. But we all know he won't get them. That being said all you people who hyped up Sonic's Joker are dumb. @Notez4 was the 1 who stole the show at FR with the character & made him seem good not Sonic very good shit to him.
Hell yeah. Notez4 had some great matches and lost to two great players; Tre and Syknis & his 47 coaches.
Gaaaaahhhhh I wish they would just fix the whiff issues this character has. They're hotfix-able and we deserve it after the indirect pushblock nerf.