What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Its a just frame infinite. Already tested with tom/rico. Everyone agrees. Cant do shit.
Just be clear, the type of teeth should be mid chattering teeth (teeth + up) right?
If so, then after teeth 21~teeth, d1 and b1 are true blocks trings. I made sure there was no gap by setting the opponent to always block and reversal mode on. They couldn't attempt to reversal between 21~teeth and d1 so the string has no holes.

However, I could not get 2 to be a true block string after 21~teeth. This is a real shame, because 2 and d1 are only 2 frames apart (2 is 11 frames and d1 is 9). Perhaps I could not get it frame perfect, and certainly it is possible that it may actually be a block infinite.

Another problem that I found was that if you do 21 too fast after the initial teeth, the 21~teeth cancel will not throw the teeth out. You have to delay 21 a bit after initial teeth which gives a bigger gap to escape.

Finally, even if it is not a block infinte, teeth 21~teeth gives a very nice setup that is +9 on block with teeth on the ground.

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Its a just frame infinite. Already tested with tom/rico. Everyone agrees. Cant do shit.
Pushblocking the teeth is the only way to escape; they are able to block the teeth that are throw while they pushblock the previous teeth. Joker maintains advantage, but it gets you out of the infinite because there are no longer teeth on the screen to cover the hole in 21 (1 hit) xx teeth, so they can just jump out or do an advancing punish that is less than about 20 frames or so. However, it's still pretty good due to the fact that you still maintain advantage and keep them in the corner.
That said, this is pretty hard to get off on your opponent. They have to be really respecting you after some of the frametraps or on wakeup to not just blow through the initial set of teeth.
Congrats on the win btw Sonic.
You totally showed us how top 10 Joker was by playing Batgirl almost the entire tournament. :joker:

StevoSuprem0

Just be clear, the type of teeth should be mid chattering teeth (teeth + up) right?
If so, then after teeth 21~teeth, d1 and b1 are true blocks trings. I made sure there was no gap by setting the opponent to always block and reversal mode on. They couldn't attempt to reversal between 21~teeth and d1 so the string has no holes.

However, I could not get 2 to be a true block string after 21~teeth. This is a real shame, because 2 and d1 are only 2 frames apart (2 is 11 frames and d1 is 9). Perhaps I could not get it frame perfect, and certainly it is possible that it may actually be a block infinite.

Another problem that I found was that if you do 21 too fast after the initial teeth, the 21~teeth cancel will not throw the teeth out. You have to delay 21 a bit after initial teeth which gives a bigger gap to escape.

Finally, even if it is not a block infinte, teeth 21~teeth gives a very nice setup that is +9 on block with teeth on the ground.
You should be using regular teeth the whole time.
Go into training and set the opponent to Lex on always block and reversal Corp Charge.
Dash up into the corner, throw teeth, hit 21 (only allow 1 hit on the "1") then cancel into teeth.
21(1hit) xx teeth is ordinarily escapable (it's pretty negative; Joker doesn't recover fast enough to block, let alone start up pressure), but the preceding teeth cover the gap and allow your next 21(1hit) to connect, at which point you cancel into teeth again and the process repeats.
If the corp charge beats it, you just have to work on the timing. The window is pretty tight, but it definitely works. There is enough of a window there for corp charge to start up, so in this case, you'll just hit Lex, he'll get launched by the previous set of teeth, and you can perform your corner combo of choice off the launcher.

Pushblocking the teeth is the only way to escape; they are able to block the teeth that are throw while they pushblock the previous teeth. Joker maintains advantage, but it gets you out of the infinite because there are no longer teeth on the screen to cover the hole in 21 (1 hit) xx teeth, so they can just jump out or do an advancing punish that is less than about 20 frames or so. However, it's still pretty good due to the fact that you still maintain advantage and keep them in the corner.
That said, this is pretty hard to get off on your opponent. They have to be really respecting you after some of the frametraps or on wakeup to not just blow through the initial set of teeth.
Congrats on the win btw Sonic.
You totally showed us how top 10 Joker was by playing Batgirl almost the entire tournament. :joker:
So Steavo and Qwark, you knew about this as well? Or you finally ready to admit that Sonic did find something "joker mains day 1" couldn't? ...Even if doesn't make hip top 10 :joker:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
So Steavo and Qwark, you knew about this as well? Or you finally ready to admit that Sonic did find something "joker mains day 1" couldn't? ...Even if doesn't make hip top 10 :joker:
Sonic told us a few days ago. This wasn't something we'd found. Now I'm looking for ways to make it practical :p

StevoSuprem0

legion666 post: 1300984 said:
No one said he didnt for the infinite. Very tough to setup, and doesnt change his problematic matchups whatsoever.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
You should be using regular teeth the whole time.
Go into training and set the opponent to Lex on always block and reversal Corp Charge.
Dash up into the corner, throw teeth, hit 21 (only allow 1 hit on the "1") then cancel into teeth.
21(1hit) xx teeth is ordinarily escapable (it's pretty negative; Joker doesn't recover fast enough to block, let alone start up pressure), but the preceding teeth cover the gap and allow your next 21(1hit) to connect, at which point you cancel into teeth again and the process repeats.
If the corp charge beats it, you just have to work on the timing. The window is pretty tight, but it definitely works. There is enough of a window there for corp charge to start up, so in this case, you'll just hit Lex, he'll get launched by the previous set of teeth, and you can perform your corner combo of choice off the launcher.
I was testing it on lex and I know that you have to throw teeth beforehand. My point is that it is not a block infinite and there are ways to escape it besides pushblocking. The fact the the corpse charge reversal starts means that there is gap however small that any character can armor through. Try manaully recording joker doing the "infinite" and then you will see that you are able to also backdash it and jump forwards and backwards (the jump gets hit by the 21 and usually leads to the combo dropping).

This also works midscreen, you just have to do the mid teeth. To call it a block infinite is misleading and definitely wrong, the opponent has options to escape, unless of course you can make it frame perfect so that when testing it Lex does not even attempt the reversal corpse charge.

No one said he didnt for the infinite. Very tough to setup, and doesnt change his problematic matchups whatsoever.
Again my question is Have you or other Day 1 Jokers known about it before @SonicFox5000 exposed it? I am NOT saying he is top 10 by the way so stop persuading me it doesn't change anything. It is just that you and other jokers here were acting like @SonicFox5000 hasn't discovered anything and you have known all Joker's secrets.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Again my question is Have you or other Day 1 Jokers known about it before @SonicFox5000 exposed it? I am NOT saying he is top 10 by the way so stop persuading me it doesn't change anything. It is just that you and other jokers here were acting like @SonicFox5000 hasn't discovered anything and you have known all Joker's secrets.
I literally just answered this for you 6 posts up.
Up until now he hadn't; now he has.
Also going to say right now, Joker's secrets are definitely far from all discovered... We're still constantly finding stuff, even if we don't always make a video for it.

I literally just answered this for you 6 posts up.
Up until now he hadn't; now he has.
Also going to say right now, Joker's secrets are definitely far from all discovered... We're still constantly finding stuff, even if we don't always make a video for it.
Oh! Sorry man , didn't see your previous post, the rest was meant for Steavo than)))

StevoSuprem0

Nope, all I said was everything here was known and that I didn't appreciate the callout since everything that got posted was old tech that supposedly makes him top 10 by some magic. Like I literally said in my response to you, yes, Sonic found the infinite. We also know a lot MORE than what is here and I've been compiling a guide video to release it all, which includes pretty much everything that was here in more optimized forms from recordings I've compiled over the past few months. Stay tuned.

StevoSuprem0

I was testing it on lex and I know that you have to throw teeth beforehand. My point is that it is not a block infinite and there are ways to escape it besides pushblocking. The fact the the corpse charge reversal starts means that there is gap however small that any character can armor through. Try manaully recording joker doing the "infinite" and then you will see that you are able to also backdash it and jump forwards and backwards (the jump gets hit by the 21 and usually leads to the combo dropping).

This also works midscreen, you just have to do the mid teeth. To call it a block infinite is misleading and definitely wrong, the opponent has options to escape, unless of course you can make it frame perfect so that when testing it Lex does not even attempt the reversal corpse charge.
It doesn't work as well midscreen because it can be backdashed and such; mid teeth don't help because it widens some of the gaps.
If corp charge doesn't reverse it, they quite literally can't escape in the corner. If they jump, they get hit, and that opens them up for a big punish if you are able to react fast enough. Backdashing (again, this is only meant to be used in the corner) does not escape because they will still be caught in the same stuff once the invincibility wears off and get full combo punished. No armor moves that I've tested can escape this either due to the speed of the hits. Doomsday's MB Venom might, but I'm not sure that applies quickly enough at startup. At the very least, it's an infinite against most of the cast.
The weakness of this is not it being bad once they are in it; in that regard it's very solid and costs them a bar of meter to get out. The weakness is that it's very difficult to set up. As it should be, frankly I hate infinites and don't think they belong in fighting games, so you won't be seeing me using it regardless.

Last edited: