What's new

Joker 1.03 Patch Thoughts (from a actual joker player)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
If the parry itself becomes much easier to land, why should the HAs last a whole round? Not saying that would be OP or anything, just unnecessary I guess.
Or was that list meant to be individual possible buffs instead of a whole package?
these are individual buff suggestions.. obviously increasing his ability to land Parry would mean his Has would remain the same.
which is what i want the most.. able to land my parry in the first place!

laudanum09

Darling
these are individual buff suggestions.. obviously increasing his ability to land Parry would mean his Has would remain the same.
which is what i want the most.. able to land my parry in the first place!
Agreed, I wouldn't mind if HAs stayed the same for the most part but it'd be doing us a solid if they could make each HA as fast as level 3 HA.

Cat

Is this a troll? LOL

So Joker's trait is good against the worst character in the game next to Lobo? What about the other 22 characters?
gonna start writing the thread up now. .. the faster its up the better...

need a good name for the thread

laudanum09

Darling
gonna start writing the thread up now. .. the faster its up the better...

need a good name for the thread

I dunno honestly....it should be something eye catching but not too whiny sounding ya know?

It seems like most people would be happy with getting a Parry buff. Having a really good parry would make HAs just a small icing on the cake.

Cat

I dunno honestly....it should be something eye catching but not too whiny sounding ya know?

It seems like most people would be happy with getting a Parry buff. Having a really good parry would make HAs just a small icing on the cake.
Joker Community Buff Suggestions To NRS ???

laudanum09

Darling
No, I'm not a friggan troll. I wasn't talking about his trait. You actually think Bane is a bad matchup for Joker?
Sorry I didn't mean to come off as a dick but you were quoting a post talking about buffing trait and nothing else saying that Joker shuts Bane down. So what don't you know about? Joker buffs in general if not trait? Because I can tell you 99% of players on here think he needs the buffs and being better than Bane literally means nothing. Everyone shuts Bane down.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as a dick but you were quoting a post talking about buffing trait and nothing else saying that Joker shuts Bane down. So what don't you know about? Joker buffs in general if not trait? Because I can tell you 99% of players on here think he needs the buffs and being better than Bane literally means nothing. Everyone shuts Bane down.

Weird, my original quoted post was in regards to someone saying something about Bane. I either quoted the wrong post or it was edited before I posted it.

He does need buffs. Like I asked earlier, how much can NRS actually change the properties of his trait through a patch?

You know what I would love, if far teeth was FAR teeth, as in teeth can be thrown to the far side of the stage.

Cat

Perfect. Simple and no questions at all as to what the thread's about.
alright.. so suggested poll buffs will be the following.

1. Increase active frames on parry, and reduce the recovery frames.

2. Ability to Stock HA's, and activate the buffs when needed.

3. Speed Boost on 1st parry HA,increased.

4. Ability to MB a parry in order to gain a Combo.

5. Parry Grants ability to MB Teeth to make it Unblockable/ OR flower to grant a combo.

laudanum09

Darling
alright.. so suggested poll buffs will be the following.

1. Increase active frames on parry, and reduce the recovery frames.

2. Ability to Stock HA's, and activate the buffs when needed.

3. Speed Boost on 1st parry HA,increased.

4. Ability to MB a parry in order to gain a Combo.

5. Parry Grants ability to MB Teeth to make it Unblockable/ OR flower to grant a combo.

Sounds good. I personally hope for 1 and 2. Simple but will change his trait completely.

Cat

Sounds good. I personally hope for 1 and 2. Simple but will change his trait completely.
same here.. i added 6th. which is ha last a round.. but i really think parry needs to be fixed to be able to land with more ease

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I would be HAppy with even just a parry buff. Also add 1 frame startup to #1's description?
Well look on the bright side, I think they are going to be patching the game for every dlc they deliver, now mind you they might also pull another DS or harley nerf but lets try to stay positive

laudanum09

Darling
Well look on the bright side, I think they are going to be patching the game for every dlc they deliver, now mind you they might also pull another DS or harley nerf but lets try to stay positive
DS is fine, players have to think more now and not even all that much more. Wasn't Harley's nerf to take away chip damage on block?

All of the nerfs so far sound totally reasonable to me so I'm keepin the faith for now.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
They should make his HA's work like Catwoman's scratches.

Fuck working it off of a parry, just let him go speed freak crazy.
He's the fucking Joker.

Superman gets to remain strongest dude alive, but Joker can't be the fucking Joker?
No.

I support all future Joker buffs, no matter how ridiculous they are.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
DS is fine, players have to think more now and not even all that much more. Wasn't Harley's nerf to take away chip damage on block?

All of the nerfs so far sound totally reasonable to me so I'm keepin the faith for now.
Well im not going to start a DS argument on the joker forums lol but what I mean is that characters who had no business getting nerfed got nerfed, but hopefully they will give more to joker and fix his trait

laudanum09

Darling
Well im not going to start a DS argument on the joker forums lol but what I mean is that characters who had no business getting nerfed got nerfed, but hopefully they will give more to joker and fix his trait
Indeed.

Now let's vote and get some good stuff going with that thread and get it to NRS!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Parry duration is indeed the most important buff- but is recovery also necessary?
Joker would eat rushdown characters alive...
If you make the proper read, you'll parry successfully.
You won't need to have a good recovery, for then Joker's parry will be thrown about willy-nilly,and be bastardized.
The "Ha" usefulness is of equal importance, as I am incapable of noticing what the first buff does for Joker- and my study time for the first Buff disappears after only nine seconds.
I'd like to see Joker keep each (stacked) Buff for up to 30 seconds each.
He'd then play like Frank West in UMVC3, where doing a move properly levels him up and makes him stronger- properly.
Two changes:
1. Parry active frames increased, (preferably by a lot)
2.Both Ha duration and effectiveness increased- for the speed boost will help him deal with who he really struggles against: The Zoners.

:joker:

Each character's trait gives a benefit others don't have. If Joker is a parry, shouldn't be worse than Batman's. And so yes, the recovery should be really necessary. We're not looking for completely safe parries of course.

And this also goes for getting HAs. If NRS wanted the Joker to stack three HAs, the parry should be his main threat when the opponent tries to get away of the corner and the teeth.