What's new

Joining the Doomsday Army

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
In trying to spark a renewed interest in playing this, I've been looking for another character to play. My Hawkgirl has gotten flabby and it left me crabby. Lo and behold, I discovered the ferocity and velocity of Doomsday. So BAM, another member to the ranks. Anything I should be aware of before going on this perpetual mission to put a fission into Kryptonian skulls?

P.S. I'm not abandoning the wings, I'm aiming to do something like this with HG

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Well, according to a lot of people, he's so @Braindead that he's pretty much this: Pick up. Play. Win.

No thought or skill required. Just MB Venom and Earth Shake (any and all variants) your way to victory.
I honestly feel bad about the wins I got because I never did a combo above like 25%. He's like sex with a hooker (not a slut, because I paid money for the game)

E

Eldriken

I honestly feel bad about the wins I got because I never did a combo above like 25%. He's like sex with a hooker (not a slut, because I paid money for the game)
You don't have to. =P I only do combos above 13% (d1~Earth Shake) and 18% (MB Venom) if I land a body splash by a BGB or if I land a body splash in the corner. I get 40% meterless off of a BGB and 36% meterless/42% with 1 bar in the corner.

I do it just to let people know that Doomsday does have combos. I don't make it a priority to try and do them, however.

But do you want to give your Doomsday a spin? If you don't want to mirror at first, I'll break out my scrubby Batgirl.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
You don't have to. =P I only do combos above 13% (d1~Earth Shake) and 18% (MB Venom) if I land a body splash by a BGB or if I land a body splash in the corner. I get 40% meterless off of a BGB and 36% meterless/42% with 1 bar in the corner.

I do it just to let people know that Doomsday does have combos. I don't make it a priority to try and do them, however.

But do you want to give your Doomsday a spin? If you don't want to mirror at first, I'll break out my scrubby Batgirl.
How late you gonna be on till? Been wanting to rewatch Amazing Spiderman for some reason, killing the urge.

And about the combos, I feel like he's a rational jump as a Hawkgirl player, because I won't break 25% unless I'm in the corner with her. You think Bounce cancel are worth using with him? Hawkgirl and Deathstroke are too meter dependent (imo) for me to have considered them till now

E

Eldriken

How late you gonna be on till? Been wanting to rewatch Amazing Spiderman for some reason, killing the urge.

And about the combos, I feel like he's a rational jump as a Hawkgirl player, because I won't break 25% unless I'm in the corner with her. You think Bounce cancel are worth using with him? Hawkgirl and Deathstroke are too meter dependent (imo) for me to have considered them till now
Only time I ever use a bounce cancel is in the corner after landing a combo to send them through a transition to end the match.

Yoaks

A spaceman

When I play Doomsday I NEVER use meter within combo unless I have full bar and I always end my combo's in either ES or Venom. He gets so much meter from doing those 2 moves! Whenever I land a body splash I either do 33 or 123 xx Venom (I only mb venom if it'll kill). Doing bounce cancel's for DD imo is a waste of meter. For characters like Lobo tho, bounce cancel's are really good. Especially when he's traited.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
When I play Doomsday I NEVER use meter within combo unless I have full bar and I always end my combo's in either ES or Venom. He gets so much meter from doing those 2 moves! Whenever I land a body splash I either do 33 or 123 xx Venom (I only mb venom if it'll kill). Doing bounce cancel's for DD imo is a waste of meter. For characters like Lobo tho, bounce cancel's are really good. Especially when he's traited.
Yeah, it's weird. I'm used to using a bar the second I get it to keep pressure up

E

Eldriken

Yeah, it's weird. I'm used to using a bar the second I get it to keep pressure up
Nah. You don't have to do that unless you're mid screen. If you're in the corner, just do your normal corner shenanigans and you won't need meter. You mainly use meter to close in on your opponent or send their asses back to the corner where they belong.