What's new

Johnny Cage's Super Small Hurtbox While Crouch Blocking

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Looks like Johnny Cage took a page from Cassie in MKX with the obnoxiously small crouch-block hurtbox.

I'm not sure about other characters, but this honestly really hurts Kano's gameplan vs him. Any other characters notice this issue vs Johnny?

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey,

VS Jacqui, the first hit of f1 connects, however the spit does NOT connect.

So All I was staggering with, was F1.

omooba

fear the moobs
one day nrs will stop making characters with this kind of hitboxes... one day.

cus this shit isn't innovative, it doesn't require any type of skill, it literally makes it so using certain characters in these match ups just isn't fun anymore. like i'm fine with special moves that reduce your hitbox but crouch blocking? come on

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
bro johnny doesnt need shit. I am not a huge fan of the way he plays now but... The other characters (excluding a select few) are so basic its pitiful. Go try to play kitana or kotal.
Yeah...this post was kinda made when I was going by just word-of-mouth. Since I've been able to try him out, he does have issues with whiffing and doesn't have a really good mid starter, but that's something that can be fixed in a patch.

Right now he's good, I'm happy with him. They need to fix his crouching hitbox.
I think his Showstopper needs a complete overhaul. Either they change Say Cheese to make it better than the nutpunch, either they remove it a add another special move like the command grab.

DeftMonk

Noob
Right now he's good, I'm happy with him. They need to fix his crouching hitbox.
I think his Showstopper needs a complete overhaul. Either they change Say Cheese to make it better than the nutpunch, either they remove it a add another special move like the command grab.
I messed with it last night a bit... that KB with dd2 is really nice to have honestly. Maybe theres some modified juggle combos that could utilize say cheeze?

I messed with it last night a bit... that KB with dd2 is really nice to have honestly. Maybe theres some modified juggle combos that could utilize say cheeze?
You can't use Say Cheese in a juggle without sacrifying a lot of damage. Nutpunch is a better move in every way. The only good side of the Say Cheese is that you can avoid breakaways because Say Cheese combos don't juggle. But since you can't even combo off a mid screen f4, there is no reason to pick that move/variation.