What's new

Johnny Cage Touch of Death Unbreakable 60% damage combo. Yes it's viable.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So Johnny basically got very little love from the patch. He still whiffs like crazy. Thanks NRS. However, the patch did make his other variation viable. In particular, he has the ability to use Fatal Blow twice in a single combo. Fatal Blow cancel, and then Fatal Blow itself. What makes this interesting is that he can snag 60% unbreakable damage from one combo if the conditions are right. He needs to be in Fatal Blow territory, have 2 bars of offensive meter, and have access to his Camera Krushing Blow. It sounds like a lot, but it's completely possible to do this every single match.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You are using 2 cameras in the same combo which is impossible.
You cannot hit with ex camera and still get the KB afterwards in the same combo. Hitting with the ex camera will automatically negate the KB requirement.
You are getting this because you have easy krushing blow and you don't hold the button down for the first camera, it's the only way I could explain what's going on in the video.

This also makes it impossible to do a combo long enough to have your FB recharge a second time. If you do it with only the camera KB once, and wait the maximum number of frames before continuing the combo on both glasses and camera, you still will get the FB recharge exactly as you do the final shadow kick.

This won't count because bad mouths already saw the title and the 600 counter and will just yell across twitter and reddit for nerfs, without actually playing the character.

However, just with one camera, the KB, you still get 50% unbreakable.

Which brings me to my second point.

You do know that while Geras, Kang, Jaqui, and more, already have and had 60% (and more) combos before this patch, with 2 KBs and meter, is irrelevant, as nobody cared about those combos and nobody literally posted them constantly.

For some reason, with Cage, everyone is going BERSERK because he uses all his resources for a 50%, which is literally a very common thing for a majority of the cast. However, he is the only one getting the spotlight for this, which is not ok.

Giving this kind of overhype spam with his combos (the twitter is already full of the same combo and all the pro players are posting it) will get Cage nerfed because NRS balance team are clueless.

They will nerf his damage to 40% with 2kbs, and 2 bars just because everyone is blowing it out of proportion, while the others get to keep their 70% just fine.

Also since this is the only thing that is getting covered, and not the forceballs whiffing, they will also never get fixed.

If every pro player and contributor spammed videos with the forceball whiff instead of this combo, maybe we would have had a consistent character.

Therefore, if they nerf Cage because of this combo craze video spam, and still not fix the forceballs, I will forever quit playing this game (which nobody cares if I do but whatever).

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
You cannot hit with ex camera and still get the KB afterwards in the same combo. Hitting with the ex camera will automatically negate the KB requirement.
You are getting this because you have easy krushing blow and you don't hold the button down for the first camera, it's the only way I could explain what's going on in the video.

This also makes it impossible to do a combo long enough to have your FB recharge a second time. If you do it with only the camera KB once, and wait the maximum number of frames before continuing the combo on both glasses and camera, you still will get the FB recharge exactly as you do the final shadow kick.

This won't count because bad mouths already saw the title and the 600 counter and will just yell across twitter and reddit for nerfs, without actually playing the character.

You do know that while Geras, Kang, Jaqui, and more, already have and had 60% (and more) combos before this patch, is irrelevant, as nobody cared about those combos and nobody literally posted them constantly.

Giving this kind of overhype spam with his combos (the twitter is already full of the same combo and all the pro players are posting it) will get Cage nerfed because NRS balance team are clueless.

They will nerf his damage to 40% with 2kbs, and 2 bars just because everyone is blowing it out of proportion, while the others get to keep their 70% just fine.

Also since this is the only thing that is getting covered, and not the forceballs whiffing, they will also never get fixed.

If every pro player and contributor spammed videos with the forceball whiff instead of this combo, maybe we would have had a consistent character.

Therefore, if they nerf Cage because of this combo craze video spam, and still not fix the forceballs, I will forever quit playing this game (which nobody cares if I do but whatever).
Damn boi u hella scared

Is it possible to use the Camera EX then the Camera KB ? I think it is not possible due to the weird requirement of whiffing three cameras first. You should do the KB first then use the MB one, but I'm not sure how it will change the scale of the combo.

But... Yeah... Showstopper only needed that tweak to become viable, that's insane. But I don't think unbreakable damage and high damage combos should be a thing in the same variation, that's just way too dumb.

M.D.

The second camera will cause a drop out of the combo, you can't use two in the same combo.

He will get the same unbreakable damage if he just lets his FB rip. Cassie can do this as well in Yass Queen. It's not something Cage specific.

Also I wouldn't use "viable" and "cage" in a sentence untill FORCEBALLS STOP WHIFFING ON CROUCH BLOCK FFS NRS

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
You do know that while Geras, Kang, Jaqui, and more, already have and had 60% (and more) combos before this patch, with 2 KBs and meter, is irrelevant, as nobody cared about those combos and nobody literally posted them constantly.
Yeah they have, but none of them are unbreakable lmao, 50-60% unbreakable is kinda broken imo

M.D.

Most of the cast can get 50% unbreakable with fb.

Keep in mind that you can't air escape to avoid links in fbs. If they do a kb and then launch in fb its a shitload of damage unbreakable. It also resets the scaling.

Example, raiden b2 kb in fb -> 50%

Cage can without, using fatal cancel, 2 bars and 2 kbs. Looks pretty balanced to me.
Shitload of resources.

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
But I don't think unbreakable damage and high damage combos should be a thing in the same variation, that's just way too dumb.
Johnny's only getting that high, unbreakable damage if his health is in the danger zone, otherwise his BnB damage is in line with the rest of the cast. But if NRS were dead set on toning down his damage, I'd expect better KB requirements and fully fixed Forceballs to compensate.

Wigy

There it is...
Just whiff 3 cameras lol

Even if you manage you give up damage on any hitconfirms avoiding use the camera.

If they gave that a reasonable KB the variation might be worth using.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

For some reason, with Cage, everyone is going BERSERK because he uses all his resources for a 50%, which is literally a very common thing for a majority of the cast. However, he is the only one getting the spotlight for this, which is not ok.

Well shit....I suppose I didn't test it actually whiffing before the combo. Honestly I thought this was just something Show Stopper could do. Hadn't touched him since game launch. If that's the case I'll just delete this thread....Hope you don't mind me testing myself first before I do.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck what they do with Cage anymore. We talk like it somehow matters. NRS has a QA team, and their job is to look at these things and test them. If they fail to do that, or fail to recognize things like you recognized with this post, then fuck them. They're going to do what they're going to do. We're going ape shit on here about something we have no control over. I'm sick of feeling bad about it.

I don't know anything about this Johnny variation, but the term "touch of death" when used in regards to a combo suggests 100% damage or more.
I phrased it that way because it's unbreakable. So once that first hit touches, if you dont have the health, you die.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah man you got to turn off easy KB's, they create an inconsistency there. All said the man gets very high unbreakable damage into reset potential.

NGL this is hilarious though, when I saw the damage and saw the "yes it's viable" I knew what I was gonna see hahahaha

DeftMonk

Noob
Well shit....I suppose I didn't test it actually whiffing before the combo. Honestly I thought this was just something Show Stopper could do. Hadn't touched him since game launch. If that's the case I'll just delete this thread....Hope you don't mind me testing myself first before I do.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck what they do with Cage anymore. We talk like it somehow matters. NRS has a QA team, and their job is to look at these things and test them. If they fail to do that, or fail to recognize things like you recognized with this post, then fuck them. They're going to do what they're going to do. We're going ape shit on here about something we have no control over. I'm sick of feeling bad about it.

I phrased it that way because it's unbreakable. So once that first hit touches, if you dont have the health, you die.
well then technically a d1 is also a touch of death poke cuz if you have 1% ur dead. :D I mean bro whatev if combo doesnt land, its understandable that you never touched this variation and didnt know so anyway thanks for showing us stuff that you found which is more than most atttempt. Next thing you find might be some dope tech thats super useful so feel free to post that shit too.

M.D.

idiotic downplayer*
The only fact that you took the trouble to post that just for me makes me feel all warm inside ^_^

Ah, almost forgot, fix your bugs nrs, it's like 2 clicks in unreal engine to repair the forceballs, you can have your janitor do it if everyone else left because of forced crunch time.