What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage post patch destiny

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Guys, you feel optimistic about Cage destiny in confirmed next patch?

I have the feeling fisticuffs is gonna be left to rot again, and that A-List might walk away without significant nerfs. Sd has chances to be destroyed completely.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I think he needs a damage scaling with the clone shattered on the corner
On block it's meant to chip since he has really no other tools to chip. His gameplan is to open you up so a good grandmaster wouldnt use the clone to chip too often I think. I personally think GM is 100% fine - and yet I struggle against a good grandmaster.

SmokingWarrior

France règle
I was talking about the 42-44% meterless combos on the corner. It seems a bit too much when you have the possibility to hard knockdown the opponent, summon an other clone wich can break armors if the opponent try to wake up. Once the opponent knows that, the only thing he can do is pray for guessing right or being able to react to the grab.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I was talking about the 42-44% meterless combos on the corner. It seems a bit too much when you have the possibility to hard knockdown the opponent, summon an other clone wich can break armors if the opponent try to wake up. Once the opponent knows that, the only thing he can do is pray for guessing right or being able to react to the grab.
From what I can remember the clone combo is not a BNB - you can't do it everytime you hit someone in the corner. I really don't see the point of discussing gm's scaling in a johnny thread - you should switch to Sub's board.

ismael4790

Looks like MB fist bump is finally being added! I'm curious if it leads to plus frames on block and if it's comboable on hit
Yeah, finally they heard me lol.

I hope it does. This is the key, and I think we will know about it this monday. However, I predict they decided to give it a hit of armor instead, which could be interesting too. If the opponent tries to poke or start offense after MBbf1, you absorb 1st hit and punish.

ismael4790

Judging by the gif, the ex bump looks the same speed as the regular one. Curious as to what it does
Maybe it allows to cancel strings on hit into it to extend combos (tyler said "cancel" in his tweet), or gives one hit of armor. Also, It probably gives increased chip/damage...