What's new

Johnny Cage must not be normalized.

Should Johnny Cage be normalized?

• Yes, but only Show Stopper.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Didnt have the balls to tag me because you lost another argument lmfao what a sped.

And like i said before they should buff the whole game

And can we talk about how people who use top tier characters still suck at the game and dont do training mode?

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just a note that KIT is now the next event to have had two Cage players in Top 4. In this case both made the finals.

It’s also the umpteenth event in a row to be won by someone who either mains co-mains Johnny Cage.

Make of that what you will.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I don't think he is necessarily overpowered but I do think he is very strong at the moment because he is great in everything he does.
-Plus frames all over the place with no risk? Check.
-Insane range on all his normals that are extremely hard to whiff punish and sometimes low profile? Check.
-Good and fast zoning? Check.
-Good staggers? Check.
-Almost fullscreen kick similar to jades? Check.
-Great pokes? Check.

He doesn't lack anything. The only thing he lacks is Krushing blows. He needs some adjustments to his frame data and maybe some KB in return.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
What the fuck? Before I got banned Johnny was an average character with horrible mid-game, had whiffs on everything had terrible combo execution and the worst KBs in the roster. You gotta be crazy to ask for nerfs for him.

Zviko

Noob
What the fuck? Before I got banned Johnny was an average character with horrible mid-game, had whiffs on everything had terrible combo execution and the worst KBs in the roster. You gotta be crazy to ask for nerfs for him.
"Before you got banned" was also before 3rd variations were added. No one is asking to nerf Johnny. Just his 3rd variation.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I guess you haven't seen patch notes or played against outtake Johnny since V3s dropped.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yes but does it have to be so good that it makes him the best zoner in the game? Along with great mid range and safe special for stealing turns and godlike oki...
Best zoner in the game is a bit of a reach imo, especially when they don't do that much damage, stop being mids at a certain distance and are not that difficult to flawless block. They are more of an excellent counterzoning tool than anything.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Best zoner in the game is a bit of a reach imo, especially when they don't do that much damage, stop being mids at a certain distance and are not that difficult to flawless block. They are more of an excellent counterzoning tool than anything.
Ikr, he only hits you if you block far away and it’s no trouble to get JC close

mrapchem

Noob
Yes but does it have to be so good that it makes him the best zoner in the game? Along with great mid range and safe special for stealing turns and godlike oki...
Johnny's the best zoner in the game now??? And he has godlike okizeme???

This is massive upplaying - JC's fireball is the fastest projectile in the game with very little recovery, but it can be ducked once the opponent is closer than 3/4ths screen. This is why we don't see JC players zoning out the whole cast. Not to mention, how does JC lock people down on knockdown with his 11 and 14-frame advancing highs in this game?

Zviko

Noob
Johnny's the best zoner in the game now??? And he has godlike okizeme???

This is massive upplaying - JC's fireball is the fastest projectile in the game with very little recovery, but it can be ducked once the opponent is closer than 3/4ths screen. This is why we don't see JC players zoning out the whole cast. Not to mention, how does JC lock people down on knockdown with his 11 and 14-frame advancing highs in this game?
At full screen it's one of the best zoning tools in the game. At the range you can duck them he has great normals and by godlike oki I mentioned comes from godlike special move - rising star. Outtake is VERY good at every range. Stop denying it already...