What's new

Johnny Cage must not be normalized.

Should Johnny Cage be normalized?

• Yes, but only Show Stopper.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Do u think Johnny should be nerfed? If so, why and how? I enjoy constructive conversations and exchanging ideas, but calling ppl delusional adds nothing.
Not sure what part of my post gave the impression that I was an aspiring NRS balance team member, nor do I recall commenting on the state of Johnny’s balance. I’m simply calling a spade a spade; denying/justifying Johnny’s ubiquity and success in high level play/tournaments, downplaying him via whatever cherry-picked means necessary, dismissing all evidence opposed to the contrary and injecting Johnny bias into every sentence without any sense of objectivity is DELUSION.

Not sure what part of my post gave the impression that I was an aspiring NRS balance team member, nor do I recall commenting on the state of Johnny’s balance. I’m simply calling a spade a spade; denying/justifying Johnny’s ubiquity and success in high level play/tournaments, downplaying him via whatever cherry-picked means necessary, dismissing all evidence opposed to the contrary and injecting Johnny bias into every sentence without any sense of objectivity is DELUSION.
Well this thread is about if Johnny Cage should be normalized or nerfed. So i don’t think it’s too crazy to think someone would weigh in with their opinions on the matter but I guess you don’t have to. But posts that don’t contribute to the conversation are just clutter and literally don’t matter.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Well this thread is about if Johnny Cage should be normalized or nerfed. So i don’t think it’s too crazy to think someone would weigh in with their opinions on the matter but I guess you don’t have to. But posts that don’t contribute to the conversation are just clutter and literally don’t matter.
Okay, so go and address every other comment in this thread that isn’t explicitly regarding balance changes? I think you’ll be here awhile.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I feel what you’re saying. I just felt like that was worth noting. The general consensus was that Johnny beats Geras yet he went back to Geras rather than just facing the music in a mirror. Geras could’ve just been a comfort pick though, but I believe my point still stands in saying that the majority of success that we see with Johnny comes from the two best in the world, so the character may not be as powerful as many believe. Just moderate nerfs to Outtake would be fine imo
So you're going to write off all Kombat's wins with Johnny just because he didn't want to mirror Ninjakilla? That seems pretty silly.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
what if i told you he should get buffed? Because i believe the whole cast should get buffed. Will johnny players love me now?

So you're going to write off all Kombat's wins with Johnny just because he didn't want to mirror Ninjakilla? That seems pretty silly.
I’m not writing them off. It’s just that whenever someone is in favor of a Johnny nerf they usual bring up how he’s crushing tournaments. I know Kombat won that online tournament for the pro competition way back at the beginning of the games life. But to my knowledge he hasn’t won another. Kombat is godlike and I’m not trying taking to take anything away from him but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. So as of right now, only Sonic and Ninja have had major success with the character while other ppl have done well with him. Still not as dominating as some are being led to believe. His representation outside of the highest levels of play is small and at the highest level only 2 or 3 ppl really use him. 4 if you count Rewind but I think he just follows the meta

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I’m not writing them off. It’s just that whenever someone is in favor of a Johnny nerf they usual bring up how he’s crushing tournaments. I know Kombat won that online tournament for the pro competition way back at the beginning of the games life. But to my knowledge he hasn’t won another. Kombat is godlike and I’m not trying taking to take anything away from him but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. So as of right now, only Sonic and Ninja have had major success with the character while other ppl have done well with him. Still not as dominating as some are being led to believe. His representation outside of the highest levels of play is small and at the highest level only 2 or 3 ppl really use him. 4 if you count Rewind but I think he just follows the meta
3 people all using the same character in Top 8 is a big deal. You can’t just write people off because they didn’t beat Sonic and Ninja and win the entire thing.

MagicMan357

And once again, the low iq brigade thinks playing online is legitimate

@NaCl man we all know you guys are super high level at 150 ping, im very afraid

Thank god SF5 is actually good now

E

Eldriken

And once again, the low iq brigade thinks playing online is legitimate

@NaCl man we all know you guys are super high level at 150 ping, im very afraid

Thank god SF5 is actually good now
Playing online in the proper environment is legitimate. Players like NinjaKilla, YoVideoGamez, ArnKratos, etc have shown this.

It's not offline legitimate, sure. But it's certainly the proper breeding grounds for some godlike players. In the right environment.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Playing online in the proper environment is legitimate. Players like NinjaKilla, YoVideoGamez, ArnKratos, etc have shown this.

It's not offline legitimate, sure. But it's certainly the proper breeding grounds for some godlike players. In the right environment.
Amateurs. Playing against the AI on very hard is legitimate. SonicFox, Kombat, Semij etc. have shown this.

E

Eldriken

By this point you've made it clear you're likely just trolling, so I cleaned up stuff that wasn't really necessary. Both on my end and yours.

You're not gonna stop trolling, being naive and/or ignorant, so like it was said above, there's really no sense in trying to have any type of conversation with you. Let's just move on.

Zviko

Noob
Conditioning is a huge factor in fighting games and some characters heavily rely on it. You can't condition AI. And that's actually all there is at the top level. Mind games and reacting to stuff. Because everybody knows frame data at that level. All AI can teach you is, my faster button beats your slower button. Literally nothing else.

MagicMan357

I'll be waiting for you guys to debunk sonic foxs tech and analysis but I know yall don't have the lab experience to do so. Carry on and just keep ignoring one of the few ppl who actually knows how to play.

MagicMan357

Conditioning is a huge factor in fighting games and some characters heavily rely on it. You can't condition AI. And that's actually all there is at the top level. Mind games and reacting to stuff. Because everybody knows frame data at that level. All AI can teach you is, my faster button beats your slower button. Literally nothing else.
AI teaches range, speed, technicalities, unseen mechanic, etc.

You guys are trolling me now.

please can someone explain to me why tf outtake johnny amplified fireballs are safe on whiff ? at close range ?

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
AI teaches range, speed, technicalities, unseen mechanic, etc.

You guys are trolling me now.
Is that how I pretty much solo'd the tag tower where the AI is on the highest possible difficulty with 1000000hp just doing body splash with geras. LOL.

AI are trash. Only useful to get a feel for a character.

Last edited:

MagicMan357

Is that how I pretty much solo'd the tag tower where the AI is on the highest possible difficulty with 1000000hp just doing body splash with geras. LOL.

AI are trash. Only useful to get a feel for a character.
different game modes have different AI logic, i know because i play the full game LOL

Keep it up, like i said everybody outside of TYM laughs at you

Keep ignoring how i said i lab (practice mode, the thing you dont use) most of the time because as usual you cant be intellectually honest about just being ass at the game with a top tier character.

By your logic if somebody plays SF and gets from 1 to 8 stars on the AI its doesnt count as labbing because "LOL AI SUCKS DERP DERP" xD

You people are beyond help, please go back ignoring me like the rest of the low iq brigade with your 130 ms trophy