What's new

Johnny Cage must not be normalized.

Should Johnny Cage be normalized?

• Yes, but only Show Stopper.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just because he plays different than the other top tiers is no excuse that he shouldnt be normalized. He is a classic example of an OP character in a FG since he controls the entire screen with his current design.

I think its pretty reasonable to town down his projectile to make him weaker at fullscreen (but without change to its current effect on block on close range).
Controls the entire screen? You mean even mid range where his fireballs whiff on ducking opponents? Lol.

Not yet.
Wait until they start saying Shock Jock is A+ tier.

Ah waitView attachment 16341
It’s hard to take this serious because people are saying stupid shit just to tilt the cage community(you in particular) or just parroting what a top player says.

A lot of these players have a sheep like mentality and if (insert top player here) says something is OP they will think it’s op without even labbing it to see why.

They have defeated themselves at the character select screen and have already wrote off the match as loss because “you used a broken character.

I’ve had people on the mic yell out about Johnny being broken even though I was jock.

The same way is the opposite, when they said dvorah, Kano, and kotal were trash, people didn’t even bother to investigate why and took everything at face value and ended up going online and getting bodied because(insert top player here) said they sucked and the person just based off that thought they would be able to steam roll the other player just cause they were using one of these characters.

After Johnny it will just be someone else, you got people saying Kollector is dumb now.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
People are still downplaying Outtake? :coffee:

It's not just the 9F projectile, it's also his Rising Star amp which they took away from Cassie because everyone complained about it, then they turned around and gave the same damn advantage to Johnny because why not. So take that shit away stat cause it's DUMB.

It's not just the 9F projectile, it's also his Rising Star amp which they took away from Cassie because everyone complained about it, then they turned around and gave the same damn advantage to Johnny because why not. So take that shit away stat cause it's DUMB.
A guy earlier in the thread explained the difference between the two situations.

“Giving Rising Star the Up Glow Kick Treatment would be so wack lmao. Their not even close to the same level of Strength, Up Glow Kick was dumb because of a combination of Side Switch, being 0 on block, & the fact Cassie has great mids out the ass.”

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
A guy earlier in the thread explained the difference between the two situations.
Yeah, and it's BS downplaying. He can make every string safe because you can't flawless block it and shimmy you to death since he has more pushback than Cassie's glow kick. Cassie's switches sides and it's fine because if you flawless block it, you can punish the shit out of her. You cannot punish Johnny for that shit, ever. Hence why it's dumb.

Yeah, and it's BS downplaying. He can make every string safe because you can't flawless block it and shimmy you to death since he has more pushback than Cassie's glow kick. Cassie's switches sides and it's fine because if you flawless block it, you can punish the shit out of her. You cannot punish Johnny for that shit, ever. Hence why it's dumb.
Isn’t there a video circulating around of someone ducking under ex rising star into full combo punish?

I don’t have a dog in this fight because I main jock but this hysteria is stupid lol.

Also I get the downplaying claims cause I see it too, but your post comes off as you having a chip on your shoulder because Cassie got nerfed.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Isn’t there a video circulating around of someone ducking under ex rising star into full combo punish?

I don’t have a dog in this fight because I main jock but this hysteria is stupid lol.
The whiff is dumb that shouldn't happen, it happens on Cassie, Sonya, Jacqui and Johnny himself lul, but it's still dumb that he gets a free safe get out of jail card. people complained about Cassie having that and they nerfed it, so makes no sense that he has it, that's all.

Wigy

There it is...

I mean it doesn't switch side which was one of the main issues.

Also watching the matches where pros use outtake, the picture of totally oppressive broken zoning just never comes to fruition in high level games.

We love to talk about all the stuff he has but forget that variation literally has 1 kb.

Shaving some frames off his zoning will change very little on how matchups are played there.

The variation is top but folks gotta chill, bunch of characters are just as or more stupid.

Rising star is unsafe against a bunch of the cast as well. I would have no issue with them removing the pushback so you can get an actual check. But like geras still exists. Sweatrion still exists.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I mean it doesn't switch side which was one of the main issues.

Also watching the matches where pros use outtake, the picture of totally oppressive broken zoning just never comes to fruition in high level games.

We love to talk about all the stuff he has but forget that variation literally has 1 kb.

Shaving some frames off his zoning will change very little on how matchups are played there.

The variation is top but folks gotta chill, bunch of characters are just as or more stupid.

Rising star is unsafe against a bunch of the cast as well. I would have no issue with them removing the pushback so you can get an actual check. But like geras still exists. Sweatrion still exists.
The main issue was that it made every string safe, side switching doesn't really matter if you can keep them from being safe. Glow kick still side switches, but without the advantage. RS needs the same nerf glow kick got, it doesn't make sense that he has it.

I still think his whiffing issues should be addressed tho cause that's dumb, but other top tiers being dumb doesn't make Outtake any less dumb.

Wigy

There it is...
The main issue was that it made every string safe, side switching doesn't really matter all that much if you can keep them from being safe. RS needs the same nerf glow kick got, it doesn't make sense.

I still think his whiffing issues should be addressed tho cause that's dumb.
The safe side switching was the primary use for it at high level tho.

Also Cassie's 111 is unsafe. None of cages are unsafe. Apples and oranges.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
The safe side switching was the primary use for it at high level tho.

Also Cassie's 111 is unsafe. None of cages are unsafe. Apples and oranges.
They were using it for two things, side switching and when opponents blocked B24 and F41 to steal a turn. Not only did I see it in a tourney (summit of time) multiple times, but I also played against NK and he would punish me on F41 blocked so that's why they used it.

Wigy

There it is...
They were using it for two things, side switching and when opponents blocked B24 and F41 to steal a turn. Not only did I see it in a tourney (summit of time) multiple times, but I also played against NK and he would punish me on F41 blocked so that's why they used it.
Well you're probably right that's just based on my viewing of tournaments. Either way Cassie got to change sides and cover her ass on strings that were negative for a reason.

Also Cassie's gameplan isn't really to rush in, it's similar to cages with better mids and more chip more suited to keepaway, so she shouldn't have ever got a free side switch when you did lock her down.

Games went ages with gun chip runaway, your have to somehow getting around b2 f2 d4 etc til she was cornered then she could just side switch.

I will happily take some small nerfs but not if geras etc somehow dodge another wave of nerfs

Last edited:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Oh look people still trying to downplay johnny LMFAO man this shit is hilarious

johnny is so stupid his standing 2 is still +3 after being flawless blocked xD

Zviko

Noob
It's not just that it makes every string safe. Johnny's are all safe anyway but it's also gapless, 9f turn stealer. Can't even flawless block the first hit after D1.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I wish people would just stfu and stop bitching for changes. It's constant no matter what they patch.

Also stop asking for balance changes if you only play online. The game is totally different online. Instead you should be asking for control over input lag like real rollback netcode has.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Oh look people still trying to downplay johnny LMFAO man this shit is hilarious

johnny is so stupid his standing 2 is still +3 after being flawless blocked xD
You mean when it doesn't whiff on 12 chars?

LOL a swing and a miss. You better l2p cus Cage will NEVER get nerfed ahahahahha

MagicMan357

@Wigy
Oh no i play against bots who perform better than people who play at 200 ping, im so ashamed!

Its not like sonicfox just went into the lab and proved anything, nope! He hopped online!

MagicMan357

You mean when it doesn't whiff on 12 chars?

LOL a swing and a miss
Im talking about on his downpokes on hit, its consistent regardless if you try to deny it. You get +3 every d1 or d3 on hit, thats already od. There is just no more denying the obvious anymore. You guys have to stop this nonsense, im legit not even going to reply anymore.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Im talking about on his downpokes on hit, its consistent regardless if you try to deny it. You get +3 every d1 or d3 on hit, thats already od. There is just no more denying the obvious anymore. You guys have to stop this nonsense, im legit not even going to reply anymore.
+3 into his 14 frame fastest mid?

Man you really are burying yourself deeper and deeper here :)))

d1 on hit is +10, why on earth would you want to get +3 =))