What's new

Johnny Cage must not be normalized.

Should Johnny Cage be normalized?

• Yes, but only Show Stopper.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Espio

Kokomo
Cooler heads should prevail in regards to these characters.

The more viable characters that can contest the other top tiers the better. People complain about business as usual and giggle about Geras, Cetrion etc, but Cage definitely is shaking things up. Johnny's rise may also help other characters rise that can contest him because despite his potency there are characters that can go toe to toe with him and disrupt his game, I'm eager to see that unfold.

Error404

Noob
Meh , I'd be fine with making REGULAR rising star more negative on block. That move already does enough , it has no business being a 50/50 between regular and amped.

I main only female characters and I think Johnny is fine now, it's not too difficult to deal with him.
But bug fixing is a must because I hate how he's very inconsistent vs different characters. If bug fixing ended up nerfing him, he should get some buffs to compensate (change the requirements of his stupid unviable krushing blows for example).

mrapchem

Noob
NRS has no business nerfing Johnny Cage with characters like Geras, Cetrion, Jacqui, Nightwolf and Liu Kang in the game.

All of them deserve very slight adjustments before anyone even thinks about toning JC down. Johnny is at his beat against characters his forceballs and highs don't whiff on - basically male characters with the exception of Kabal, Raiden and JC himself - against everyone else, he's much more limited.

For that reason alone, he has no business as the #1 character in the game on any tier list, let alone on NRS's nerf list.

mrapchem

Noob
I'd only slightly nerf outtake's projectiles. Either startup or recovery.
If Johnny should receive any kind of nerf at all - which he probably shouldn't - NRS should slightly increase the recovery of his normal low fireball only. This way, we can still combo from his EX-Low Fireball in the corner, but he can't sit there and spam low fireballs from range like he can currently, even though opponents can always walk and block them up to mid-screen whereby they can just duck them instead.

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
Rising star should have a gap between the fist hit and second like cassie's up glow kick , give force ball , amp force ball a cool down n leave the rest as is .rising star in the corner is a nightmare, all the characters have cooldown on their projectiles why him.

haketh

Noob
Giving Rising Star the Up Glow Kick Treatment would be so wack lmao. Their not even close to the same level of Strength, Up Glow Kick was dumb because of a combination of Side Switch, being 0 on block, & the fact Cassie has great mids out the ass.

Rising star should have a gap between the fist hit and second like cassie's up glow kick , give force ball , amp force ball a cool down n leave the rest as is .rising star in the corner is a nightmare, all the characters have cooldown on their projectiles why him.
You can punish d1 rising star with your d2 (some character can actually full combo it), doesn't matter MB or not, but you have to make read. Git gud man.

He may have a fast mid projectile but it only really works as a zoning tool from full screen. To force player get closer. But Sonya, kabal, skarlet, jade could still win the trade. It's not like you see high level play with jc zoning all day the opponent. Not even against poor projectile chars like terminator, Jax or kotal..

He's a very honest player, if you learn the mu, it really boils down to the level of the player not the character.

At least he's playing mk11. On the other hand, look at the crap sub zero pulls online, and really you don't need to be too skilled to win, that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

He may have a fast mid projectile but it only really works as a zoning tool from full screen. To force player get closer. But Sonya, kabal, skarlet, jade could still win the trade. It's not like you see high level play with jc zoning all day the opponent. Not even against poor projectile chars like terminator, Jax or kotal..

He's a very honest player, if you learn the mu, it really boils down to the level of the player not the character.

At least he's playing mk11. On the other hand, look at the crap sub zero pulls online, and really you don't need to be too skilled to win, that doesn't seem to bother anyone.
A lot of this stems from how vocal the cage community has been about things.

While I think outtake is a little bit OD I can’t help but to assume a lotta of these people are just witch hunting out of spite.

Rizz091

Noob
I'd say nerf Outtake zoning a little bit if it means fixing his forceball hitboxes on showstopper/jock. Otherwise leave him alone.

I don't really agree with nerfing in general for this game though. Just make the other characters stronger. This game already has very neutered and limited tools as it is.

The only changes I'd make for MK11

• Collision boxes
  • Throws krushing blows activating after two escape fail instead of one
  • Flawless U2s / U3s to work consistently, especially against airborne opponents
  • Add a 33% krushing blow to U3 that activates after two successful U3 against an airborne opponent
Those are the only changes this game actually needs

heildan

NANI?!
I think everyone kinda agree that Outtake can have its forceballs adjusted, maybe by 2 or 3 frames.
Johnny depends on his whole moveset to be where he is right now. I believe NRS knows that, if they want to make changes to his base moveset, they have to adjust it precisely, so he doesn't get fucked up badly.

I think everyone kinda agree that Outtake can have its forceballs adjusted, maybe by 2 or 3 frames.
Johnny depends on his whole moveset to be where he is right now. I believe NRS knows that, if they want to make changes to his base moveset, they have to adjust it precisely, so he doesn't get fucked up badly.
I don’t agree with nerfing the forceballs. They are only mid at full screen and there are plenty of characters that can trade with or outzone Johnny. Anyone can get past the forceballs with a little patience. Nerfing them puts Johnny in a bad position against the strong zoners and eliminates the usefulness of the forceballs after plus strings or amped rising star.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Not yet.
Wait until they start saying Shock Jock is A+ tier.

Ah wait16341

Just because he plays different than the other top tiers is no excuse that he shouldnt be normalized. He is a classic example of an OP character in a FG since he controls the entire screen with his current design.

I think its pretty reasonable to town down his projectile to make him weaker at fullscreen (but without change to its current effect on block on close range).

I don't care. Even though I play bottom tier Scorpion, I don't find Johnny to be that annoying. I just wish Scorpion's 11 wouldn't whiff on crouch blocking Johnny.
I actually probably gonna pick him up, since he seems to play the same game as Scorpion, just does it a million times better.