What's new

Johnny Cage Flash Parry Concept from MonkeyBizness

After Kombat's crazy showing last weekend at CEO, Johnny Cage has been back on people's radar. If you were looking to see what he's capable of for yourself, scope out this flash parry setup using his Fatal Blow cancel.

For you newer faces, a Flash Parry is when a character uses an armored move to punish somebody in the middle of a string/combo. So as you are seeing in this tweet from FGMonkeyBizness, he's using the armor on Johnny Cage's Fatal Blow to armor through the first hit of this Scorpion string, then canceling the FB to full-combo punish. There's bound to be plenty of strings you can use his Fatal Blow to punish, and it's something bound to make low-health Johnny Cage one of the most dangerous characters in the game. Check out the video down below and get to labbing!

Comments

I still really think they should get rid of the timer on fatal blows. One attempt per round. But would this be a big nerf to Johnny if they did this?

I still really think they should get rid of the timer on fatal blows. One attempt per round. But would this be a big nerf to Johnny if they did this?
It would make his fatal cancel almost entirely useless but they could always make an exception for Johnny when they're cancelled and don't whiff.

If they really went that route, then canceling it before the move comes out should allow him to keep it. The cancel is his gimmick, so it shouldn't be completely invalidated like that.

If they really went that route, then canceling it before the move comes out should allow him to keep it. The cancel is his gimmick, so it shouldn't be completely invalidated like that.
That'd be a good way to do it. If he does not cancel and becomes active then it goes away as if he used it like anyone else. Cancel means it stays