What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage changes 10/04/16

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
  • Johnny Cage - Nutcracker & Ultra Flipkick no longer have armor
  • Johnny Cage - Eclipse Kick now has 2 hits of armor
  • Johnny Cage - Ultra Flipkick is now -1 on block (up from -16) and has increased pushback
  • Johnny Cage (Fisticuffs) - Fist Bump can now be enhanced after activation which can then be cancelled into any attack or special move
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - Eclipse Kick while Mimics are activated will no longer lose its armor
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - reduced the blockstun Shadow Kick while Mimics are active by 10 and reduced the pushback
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - reduced the blockstun of the first hit of Shadow Dropkick while Mimics are active by 20 and of the second hit by 10
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - Fixed a bug that was preventing Eclipse Kick from being cancelled into during Mimic activation
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - Double Straight Forceball now does 12 damage (down from 16)
  • Johnny Cage (A-List) - added 5 frames before a dash cancel is active if a move is charged during the opponents block stun
Discuss!!! How do you guys see Cage doing after this patch?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
A list no more jailing? Thanks God
Not an A-List main, so I can't measure the impact of the nerf but...seems important :/

I think this buff for stunt double can be better than it looks at first glance...
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - Eclipse Kick while Mimics are activated will no longer lose its armor
Also I was afraid we had armor removed from exkick in the other variations, but...at least we keep an armored move and safe, it's good.

Utility of exnutpunch decreases a lot though.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - reduced the blockstun Shadow Kick while Mimics are active by 10 and reduced the pushback
  • Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) - reduced the blockstun of the first hit of Shadow Dropkick while Mimics are active by 20 and of the second hit by 10
does this mean SD Mimics don't jail anymore? I think I'll be alright with this change

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Where did you get that A-List doesn't jail anymore? I didn't try the new patch yet but the 5 added frames won't be enough to prevent it.
i thik its a buffer but who knows maybe it will stop tit all together because its buffered and noit just making it 5 less plus. but who knows like it can't be canceld cuz the buffer but i dont really know.

MadeOfMetal

Universal run stamina nerfs mean only 1 rc
yeah I thought that. I was telling a friend in PM i don't think we gonna see: 3 turns for Cancel pressure anymore.
I also think some scenarios that i was in with Kenshi like when your Tele flurry full screen gets ducked, and they either Run Full screen and combo me for full punish! or they force 50/50 guess.
I'm hoping Stamina Universal Nerf fixes that. hoping Rushdowners run's out of Stamina before making it there causing them to have to work there way in and think rather than braindead run up mash 50/50 and kill my under developed Neutral and old man reactions.
But here's hoping it fixes that and helps Zoning that much. I know the Armored launchers being Removed will. and OMG think of Cassie, can she still do all her combos in Spec Ops and all. i bet some of them run out before its done.(not saying she will suck ) just saying.

On another note I'm loving this patch, besides my Cyrax. unsure on that till I get some practice in with him. Sadly it looks like he might have Lost HTB, Net starter off F13. armor breaks cuz the universal 2hit armors, and any hopes in converting off full screen combos.
His run is kinda slow and this stamina nerf lets say is not great for him, and his neutral is kinda garbage still, so they haven't addressed his MID's and Zoning issues. what they did do is make his Teleport better with 2 hits of armor basically the rest was nerfs as far as i seen.

I also use Unbreakable which is looking good, MOS Raiden which is looking better, and Special Forces which is looking rather untouched. maybe ill pick up a few new Variations? seems fun and Warrior looks Bad Ass besides SS nerf but damn.
but all in all im Hype for Patch:cool::D

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah I don't understand the wording for the SD changes. Just need to fuckin play it already.

I'm hoping all these changes finally mean I can play all three variations.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
If they took 5 frames off his Run Cancels (String and Shadow Kick) then we have:

4 SKRC +18

114 SKRC +12

F3 SKRC +12

B34 SKRC +12

333 SKRC +10

F2 SKRC +9

12 RC +8

F3 RC +7

F24 SKRC +6

Assuming this is the change then there will still be plenty of jailing blockstrings or, at the very least, frame traps. Also less armored launchers to interrupt pressure, staggers, and contest Ex Forceballs.

[Non-JC Mains] Keep in mind, Johnny's fasting standing normal is 9 frames so +10 is tough to jail consistently.

All numbers derived from @BoricuaHeat thread.
https://testyourmight.com/threads/run-cancel-frame-data.53811/

xSamuel

Except those with two bars. But yeah, in general.

I would have like exnutpunch with armor, not launcher, and becoming a launcher with a second bar...
Thought about this but I like the launch to punish things that are just frame for S1 (B122 Kotal). Also, if the nut punch trades on wake up you can get up to 37%. Being a pretty fast wake up, I think it will be a common occurrence. Side switch is also still possible with F24 12(1).

MadeOfMetal

If they took 5 frames off his Run Cancels (String and Shadow Kick) then we have:

4 SKRC +18

114 SKRC +12

F3 SKRC +12

B34 SKRC +12

333 SKRC +10

F2 SKRC +9

12 RC +8

F3 RC +7

F24 SKRC +6

Assuming this is the change then there will still be plenty of jailing blockstrings or, at the very least, frame traps. Also less armored launchers to interrupt pressure, staggers, and contest Ex Forceballs.

[Non-JC Mains] Keep in mind, Johnny's fasting standing normal is 9 frames so +10 is tough to jail consistently.

All numbers derived from @BoricuaHeat thread.
https://testyourmight.com/threads/run-cancel-frame-data.53811/
makes sense but i think they specifically said Frame traps are gone in Stunt double? or thats what i got out of it, may be wrong, and i think the 5 frames might be a buffer making RC jailing pressure impossible. but may be wrong on that. just how i took these changes when i read:

im my mind i seen Jacqui losing her plus pressure and many others so maybe?

but i hope you guys keep the pressure, i am a fan of Staggers and cancel pressure, i think its a fun way to open people up.

• Johnny Cage (A-List) - added 5 frames before a dash cancel is active if a move is charged during the opponents block stun

xSamuel

makes sense but i think they specifically said Frame traps are gone in Stunt double? or thats what i got out of it, may be wrong, and i think the 5 frames might be a buffer making RC jailing pressure impossible. but may be wrong on that. just how i took these changes when i read:

Don't play SD but it sounded bleak. The ambiguity in "Dash Cancel" is meant to cover both SKRC and cancelling out of a string (F34 and 121), I think. Essentially it is just making the player wait 5 additional frames before inputting your cancel.

MadeOfMetal

Don't play SD but it sounded bleak. The ambiguity in "Dash Cancel" is meant to cover both SKRC and cancelling out of a string (F34 and 121), I think. Essentially it is just making the player wait 5 additional frames before inputting your cancel.
Seems legit and i hope its that!

Wigy

There it is...
Hoping fisticuffs isnt shit but just sounds like a crappy a list where u spend meter to extend combos

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
SD changes are weird, if they reduced advantage they should have said from +14 to +4. The "reduced the blockstun" approach sounds weird. Who knows.

Also yea, fisticuffs sounds exactly like that, but you'd actually spend it on block to guarantee some chip. Maybe who knows, there will be setups for 15-20% chip for one bar which would be great.