What's new

John Tobias reveals working for WB Games!

What comes as very exciting news, John Tobias is now working for Warner Bros games out of San Diego! For those who do not know who John is... he is the co-creator of Mortal Kombat alongside Ed Boon. John had left Midway many years ago (before Midway was bought by WB Games and renamed "Netherrealm Studios") and it seems he is getting very close to returning?

The other Elder God has decided to come out of his long slumber, and as it seems he is assembling a team for WB games? This could mean so many exciting things!

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Well, MK was originally done by John and Ed. Lucas was just one guy, MK was co-created. I mean I know some people like John more than Ed, but let's face it without Ed MK would have died along time ago since John left and came back once since then for MK vs DCU to do the comic, story etc

I can't believe this. Im a big fan of what J. Tobias build for MK. Lore wise and art wise he was incredible.

When Tobias and Ed. Boon work together on MK in the future, it might be the biggest news related to games for me in years (announcement of MK9 is hard to top)

Their collabiration will bring major improvements for the MK franchise. Not to insult NRS, but J. Tobias and Ed. Boon are their best when they collab.

Noob Saibot again?

Last edited:
All the games/projects he’s worked on without the aid or supervision of Ed Boon, have all kinda failed haven’t they? He works best when he works with him imo. He always came across as an artist instead of a game designer to me. I wish him the best of luck.

great news. i always felt that characters and lore were always worse since he was gone. and can there be a better point in time as when the whole mk timeline has just been reset and the playfield is completely empty?

Guys. The news isn’t saying that he’s working with NRS or Ed Boon. People are freaking out.

He’s working for a different studio focused on completely different things. In a completely different city. WB is a huge umbrella.
yep, that's clear .... the hype is because we , as fans , would love to see Tobias being well used by WB, as collaborator and consultor for the MK series, since he is one of the originals creators of the franchise, so, it's just us urging for NRS to be smart on this, and hire the dude, if possible, hehe

Tobias could bring a lot for MK12, to be an epic experience as game, specially on lore wise and character design

I can't believe this. Im a big fan of what J. Tobias build for MK. Lore wise and art wise he was incredible.

When Tobias and Ed. Boon work together on MK in the future, it might be the biggest news related to games for me in years (announcement of MK9 is hard to top)

Their collabiration will bring major improvements for the MK franchise. Not to insult NRS, but J. Tobias and Ed. Boon are their best when they collab.

Noob Saibot again?
Yeah man they had great chemistry, one was the brains behind programming while the other was the heart of mk with the great lore, characters etc. It's still pretty amazing if you think about how the first 3 games were done by only 1-5 guys yet now games take hundreds of people depending.