What's new

Joe Taslim confirms Lewis Tan is playing Cole Turner in the new film

DeftMonk

Noob
Only just seen that character list... ugh. Just ugh.

Reiko? Nitara? Kabal is an assassin for Outworld? The Overseer? NO Johnny Cage, Scorpion and Sub Zero? Jax's name is Bridges? Kang and Lao are literal brothers? Shang Tsung "is a storm cloud of dark energy"? "Cole’s scrappy, determined, and wise-beyond-her-years daughter."
Can’t click that link cuz I’m in China but if this is true...wtf?

The cast of a MK movie should never look like a k-pop group.
Lol, exactly. This movie is going to be such a huge catastrophe. Mileena is also non sense, that actress would fit Jade or Tanya, not Mileena.

Not to mention a D-List actress that will play Sonya Blade, which is an actress who was in that marvelous megalodon shark movie - The Meg.

Cole Turner might be the last thing wrong with this movie.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
So I am assuming they changed the story because they assumed some things are too video gamey and not believable enough for the box office?
"who yields an all powerful boomerang hat. "- But that stays in?

I can imagine the meeting where writing this movie went down:
Boss: What did you say that guys name was who hits people in the jimmy? Jimmy Box?
Employee: Johnny Cage.
Boss: Where do they find these guys who write this cliche garbo?! Scrap him and make a new guy. Oh also make sure you include that guy who throws an all powerful boomerang hat. Oddjob was a real hit with the kids back in 1964 he should be as well.

Who wants to place bets Cole Turner is in KP2?

I saw that casting call a while ago and was baffled by what I read. I had hoped there were some changes made since then, but with the confirmation of Cole here, I'm less optimistic.

Sonya as a writer? Liu Kang as a "ninja warrior"? Jackson BRIDGES? Who the fuck are these people?

Gamer68

Fujin!
These tweets by Greg Russo gives me a little more hope about the movie (Russo is the writer, BTW):

For those who may not be able to read posts from Twitter for some reason:
  • He says that he's aware of the concern the fans have about certain characters not being announced to appear in the movie yet, and says that he assures you that no one will be forgotten or replaced. Says they have to do them justice.
  • They have big plans for Johnny Cage but can't say how exactly.
  • Says Kitana is his favorite character, possibly hinting that they have some kinda plan for her as well.
EDIT: He also tweeted about some other characters like Motaro and even Hsu Hao, but I'm not sure if he was being completely serious about those characters.

I think even though characters like JC aren't announced yet that maybe they will be soon or maybe they will be set-up in this film and will come into play and have major roles in a sequel or something. I hope not about that last part, but this "plan" could be anything.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder if Ermac and Fujin will be in it. hmmm And we know Raiden HAS to be in it, he better be a freaking Boss like in the story and not low tier crap like he is gameplay wise.

DeftMonk

Noob
I wonder if Ermac and Fujin will be in it. hmmm And we know Raiden HAS to be in it, he better be a freaking Boss like in the story and not low tier crap like he is gameplay wise.
Raiden is gonna be a fat kid named Ray "Din-Din" Jangles. Known around the neighborhood for his thunderous farts.

Jesus Christ, please, leave Kitana out of the k-pop kombat. Did anyone see Sisi Stringer instagram pic where they are molding her tongue and someone asked why, then she replied: My character (Mileena) is half alien. Jesus.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
As long as Cage is part of the movie, I'm all aboard the Cole Turner hype train. Cole Turner is a fucking beast

DeftMonk

Noob
As long as Cage is part of the movie, I'm all aboard the Cole Turner hype train. Cole Turner is a fucking beast
I hope cole turner is the main character all up until the end when goro eats him. After that Johnny cage finally appears in the film to hit goro with the nutpunch brutality throw up a middle finger aaaaand credits.

Unless I missed it, several people have already asked and been ignored on this point...who the fuck is Cole Turner? Everyone is talking about that character as if it's common knowledge who it is. What am I missing?

Everyone's mad here but I'm just happy at the confirmation that this movie's Sub is Bi-Han. I know it was the most likely outcome, but still pleased that it's been confirmed.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm 100% excited for this. I love the idea of the films adding an original element while also keeping familiar ones at the center. Kind of like an alternate take on the original story. If done right (Resident Evil, to a certain extent; read: like the first three movies), it'll be entertaining. If done wrong (the original DOOM film), it'll definitely be a blemish on the franchise's history. I feel like we've already gotten a perfect cinematic adaptation of the base story with MK9's story mode.

The lack of Johnny is definitely alarming, but I don't mind Cole's inclusion. It'll be interesting how a new character interacts with the klassic MK cast.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I wonder if they'll just stick with the original timeline characters or if we'll see some NRS characters added as well. Would love to see Kotal/Erron in some shape or form.

Also, what if Cole Turner is actually the krypt guy/descendant of Apep :eek:

i really dig the Cole Turner character and his motive , i can relate to him and i think its a great idea to bring a new character. the Liu saga was cool but its time to move on. Cole also could be a cool DLC. give a man his chance