What's new

JLA #4 Reaction (SPOILERS!!!!)

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
First off, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! For those who haven't read it on the last page Catwoman (Selina Kyle) gets murdered by an unknown character while she was trying to infiltrate the Society of Supervillians.While I firmly believe that there will end up being way more to this situation than meets the eye this is PRETTY BIG DEAL (one that i'm not happy about either) I was just curious what you fellow readers thought about it.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
As if she's dead. I mean really. She was shot with a very weird looking gun, that's usually a tip off. Bet you she gets brought back to life by Waller or some crap and she becomes Suicide Squad for a bit.

Basically I don't thinks he's dead, otherwise they would have at least cancelled the Catwoman book first.
Also CCVengeance mentioned this could be the hero dying that starts Trinity War but personally I'm not feeling it.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
So im willing to bet 100$ that she will be back in 2 months, anyone wanna take me up on that?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
As if she's dead. I mean really. She was shot with a very weird looking gun, that's usually a tip off. Bet you she gets brought back to life by Waller or some crap and she becomes Suicide Squad for a bit.

Basically I don't thinks he's dead, otherwise they would have at least cancelled the Catwoman book first.
Also CCVengeance mentioned this could be the hero dying that starts Trinity War but personally I'm not feeling it.
I am the life of convos I dont even start.
If anything DC has taught me is to expect the unexpected.Selina could very well be dead but return after Pandora's box is opened(rumor has it will lead to Villain month).

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
To the lazarus pit with you! Oh shit it was actually clayface in catwoman form! <- The shit I hate about the Batman universe when what makes it so interesting is that it seems somewhat plausible.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm betting that it is not actually her, Throughout the book they have been briefly mentioning that someone had stolen Selina's identity and pretending to be her (in fact this was the reason she joined JLA so that she could find out who it was) so my guess is that the "impersonator" is the one that was killed.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I'm betting that it is not actually her, Throughout the book they have been briefly mentioning that someone had stolen Selina's identity and pretending to be her (in fact this was the reason she joined JLA so that she could find out who it was) so my guess is that the "impersonator" is the one that was killed.
I'm too tired to explain right now but I think you're wrong.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm too tired to explain right now but I think you're wrong.
I probably am LoL. There are about 500 different theories going around. Personally I hope they go the "Nine Lives" route but I highly doubt they will (even though her rebooted origin is very similar to the Batman Returns version)

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I haven't scoped out the solicits for Catwoman in the coming months (since I don't read it), but I assume her book's gonna keep on chugging along. I'm not too concerned.

It's safe to assume that head of the secret society is

The Outsider from Flashpoint, made nu52 canon in the same manner as Element Woman
, no?

I always thought that was a weird little book that didn't serve much of a purpose, but it makes sense now.