What's new

Jinpachi Mishima

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I love this character's punishment. -14 vs him = death :D

VOR

Noob
I remember aris on stream saying the hitbox of his legs makes him more susceptible to lows,and that true ogre is the opposite. Better figure out your hitboxes in this game too!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm still messing around with a few characters but I'm definitely settled on Jinpachi being part of my team. Very solid character and fun to play imo.

Who would people recommend being paired with him from the following? Marduk, Miguel, Zafina, Yoshi

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Miguel seems like a strong partner, mainly due to Miguel's TA potential.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Some solo combos if you want to learn Jinpachi:
CHF3_CHWS 3_CH B2 - WS3 - d/f 3, 1 B! - (u/b 1), 2, f - 1, 1, 2:2 = 88 dmg.
CH4 - d/f 1, 1 - d/f 3, 1 B! - d/f 3, 2 = 70 dmg.
d/f2,1 - d/f3,1 - (u/b 1), 2, f - 1, 1, 2:2 = 83 dmg.
d1+3 (on crouch only) - d/f 1 - d/f 3, 1 B! - (u/b 1), 2, f - 1, 1, 2:2 = 51 dmg.
CHD2,(1) - d/f 1, 1 - d/f 3, 1 B! - (u/b 1), 2, f - 3, 4 or 1, 2 4 = 76 dmg.
Chg. 2 - U4 - d/f 1, 1 - d/f 3, 1 B! - (u/b 1), 2, f - 3, 4 or 1, 2, 4 = 92 dmg. (WS2 = 91 dmg.)
FF3 leads to a free D4 on hit. Same story with CHF4.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
He's such a lead character its not even funny. If you know how to block and just wait...... you'll do a solo combo that takes half life....
then you can usually bound combo to kill someone.

SKILLPACHI

Still..... not as annoying as Lars.

Crathen

Death is my business
U+4 is definately an OP move but still ya gotta take into account the whole character...
He's all about getting close then starting the heavy guessing games.
He virtually has no safe poking , no good mids under 14 frames ( df+1 is i14 and isn't scary enough ) except ub+1,2 wich starts at 13 frames but it's -17 on block and even if he goes in the air he's gonna get jabbed into combo anyways.
d+1 is the only interesting poking move he has and that's -8 on block.
His other OP move is df+1+2 , pratically impossible to step , safe and launches for a combo....20 startup frames , godlike.
All his other mids are either slow or unsafe , useless since you already have those 2 moves that overshadow every other poke he has.
He has no scary highcrush ( his df+1+2 highcrushes only from a certain range and only on certain jabs , no highcrush from frame 1 either ).
He's got no safe jab strings ( like a simple 1,2 ) so if you duck the jab he gets punished , wheter you did 1 or 2 jabs.
He also hasn't got many taggable launchers ( i can only think ws+2 wich is i20 frames and is pretty unsafe iirc ).
Almost all of his lows are pretty unsafe ( d+3 , db+3,1+2 ...all launch punishable , what remains is FC df+1 and db+4 ) so choosing to go low in a mixup situation is always a risk.
U+4 is what makes you shit in ur pants and be afraid to block low , making his unsafe lows or his highs viable choices , the character is all about this.
On a sidenote , if you move after getting hit by the u+4 you're reducing the guaranteed damage you're going to take down to 40 something but you're also risking to get !B if Jinpachi chooses to d+1 ( wich thanks gawd doesn't hit grounded ).

Also the range of the move hasn't that long reach how it seems at the naked eye , fact is Jinpachi will throw this out when you're recovering at - frames range 0 or after one of his moves ( like d+3 ).
The move is i18 frames and still -9 on block so the opponent gets his 50/50 mixups against a big character like Jinpachi who has very bad movement compared to the rest of the cast.

U+4 makes Jinpachi STRONG and for RETARDS ( yeah lol ) since he's all about guessing but in the context of the game he's a character that is almost everytime ( u+4 apart ) forced to make big guesses ( like b+3+4 when you're getting "stormed" by fast pressure moves like jabs and good pokes ).

Edited for some typos

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
d+1 is the only interesting poking move he has and that's -8 on block.
His other OP move is df+1+2 , pratically impossible to step , safe and launches for a combo....20 startup frames , godlike.
d+1 is -9 or at least can go to -9 according to Ina Tekken. df+1+2 is i22, still one of his best moves.

He's got no safe jab strings ( like a simple 1,2 ) so if you duck the jab he gets punished , wheter you did 1 or 2 jabs.
He has 1, b+2 which is H,M, -5 on block and +5 on hit. It isn't a NC but is the closest he gets as far as a jab string goes.

He also hasn't got many taggable launchers ( i can only think ws+2 wich is i20 frames and is pretty unsafe iirc ).
IMO that is one of his true weaknesses. Jinpachi having mostly unsafe moves is something you can work around.

His only tag bufferable launcher are: u/b+1,2; charge, 2; and ws+2. At least u/b+1,2 can be used mid combo, and charge, 2 can be set up when the opponent wants to tag or crash tag. Still, not the best options around.