What's new

JBeezY Using D'vorah - Analyze Me

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Now, I know I may be rusty but I recorded my first match ever w/ D'vorah so thought I'd share to get some pointers. Im gonna post another video of my progress here in this thread because I want to get better with her. But KNOW this is my FIRST TIME lol so be gentle or rough ;) WHATEVA!

Analyze me please. I'd greatly appreciate it. Righteous :)

Thanks for the video.

Quickest thing to improve is anti air. She has some of the strongest most threatening anti air. He was pressuring you with jumps. Match ups change dramatically when jumping is reduced in neutral.

Because of above you need to jump less. Being able to take a grounded approach is safer and will net you a better understanding of how a fighting game works. Right now you probably have a high winrate vs players that can't anti air. Don't get used to it. As you progress jumping will be less of an option in neutral.

Stop trying to make reads with her teleport. It is highly punishable and the possible gains are very small. The higher damage the opponent can do the more apparent this will be. He could have throw kb you to 500 damage if he wanted on any of those blocks.

Overall you seem unfamiliar or scared to play neutral so you are taking a lot of risks jumping and teleporting to try and win. Try your best to stay grounded, you will lose a lot at first but it's ok. When you get more comfortable here then you will start noticing more consistent wins. Then you can start jumping again and teleporting because the psychological damage of keeping up with your footsies will leave hem vulnerable to those options.

Hope it helps good luck.

ArryKae

Noob
Thanks for the video.

Quickest thing to improve is anti air. She has some of the strongest most threatening anti air. He was pressuring you with jumps. Match ups change dramatically when jumping is reduced in neutral.

Because of above you need to jump less. Being able to take a grounded approach is safer and will net you a better understanding of how a fighting game works. Right now you probably have a high winrate vs players that can't anti air. Don't get used to it. As you progress jumping will be less of an option in neutral.

Stop trying to make reads with her teleport. It is highly punishable and the possible gains are very small. The higher damage the opponent can do the more apparent this will be. He could have throw kb you to 500 damage if he wanted on any of those blocks.

Overall you seem unfamiliar or scared to play neutral so you are taking a lot of risks jumping and teleporting to try and win. Try your best to stay grounded, you will lose a lot at first but it's ok. When you get more comfortable here then you will start noticing more consistent wins. Then you can start jumping again and teleporting because the psychological damage of keeping up with your footsies will leave hem vulnerable to those options.

Hope it helps good luck.
When is it ok to jump in? You see Semiij do it alot with Kitana, cause she has a good J2 (and Fan Flutter) that can lead to a full combo. D'vorah has a good, long reaching jump in as well. Is it all about spacing, so that the very tip hits the opponent only? Or purely a read/punish thing? The reason I ask is I play the 2nd variation of D'vorah and you don't have cover from the bug that's in the other variation.

@ArryKae it's moreso that in this video I see it as the default strategy for offense which is bad. I am recommending learning how to play without the jumping in order to strengthen the option.

Her jump ins are actually incredible and should be used at proper range just like any grounded poke. Problem is here I see a lot of point blank jump kicks etc.

Kitana is a special case for a few reasons, some similar to dvorah.
  1. Her jump arc is unique and more like a pounce.
  2. She has fan hitboxes with no hurt boxes.
  3. She has long range lunging moves on the ground from similar distance that you would use her jump.
  4. She has access to air mobility to switch up her jump timing.
I believe dvorah is similar in all these aspects too. But if you watch semiij, he isn't relying solely on this to create offense.

ArryKae

Noob
@ArryKae it's moreso that in this video I see it as the default strategy for offense which is bad. I am recommending learning how to play without the jumping in order to strengthen the option.

Her jump ins are actually incredible and should be used at proper range just like any grounded poke. Problem is here I see a lot of point blank jump kicks etc.

Kitana is a special case for a few reasons, some similar to dvorah.
  1. Her jump arc is unique and more like a pounce.
  2. She has fan hitboxes with no hurt boxes.
  3. She has long range lunging moves on the ground from similar distance that you would use her jump.
  4. She has access to air mobility to switch up her jump timing.
I believe dvorah is similar in all these aspects too. But if you watch semiij, he isn't relying solely on this to create offense.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.