What's new

Tech Jax, Punishing With X-Ray

LEGEND

YES!
So as you may or may not know, if Jax hits his 12 String but the 1(2) wiffs you are granted enough frame advantage to land an x-ray and Your opponent can't do anything about it

Previously this has been deemed too difficult to land in an actual match, So nobody has really even tried. But, i have been recently going through certain scenarios and Punishes to see if this can be done reliably. So far Punishing JC's Nut punch and Shadow kick (regular and Ex) is quite easy once you get it down, So here we have a legit Punish that does a whopping 45% Damage and its All Unbreakable. I'll be looking into Further Situations as well just though i'd share that this is indeed viable

Lastly, i have a bit of an option select involved with this as well. When going for the 1(2) wiff punish, You can input 12DB2. This will not come into effect if the 1(2) actually wiffs and will grant you a somewhat legitimate punish (By Jax's Standards) if you accidentally land the 1(2). Reason for the DB2 instead of say a DU4 is simply because its easier. Its hard enough trying to space the 12 properly and in my experience trying to OS the DU4 can lead to more inconsistent results
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if any of you find other moves that can be reliably punished with this.
Thanks for reading, Enjoy

EGP_TYRANT
daddydab32ho

AssassiN

Noob
Hang on, I don't think this is garantueed.
I'm going on frame-data here:
1 with a whiffed 2 gives Jax 28 frame advantage
1 with a AA grab gives Jax 23 frame advantage

It takes 36 frames before the X-ray becomes active.
So 8 frame hole with a whiffed 2 probably gives the opponent enough time to jump or do a special move that makes it whiff.

The only way I can see this being guaranteed is that 1 is canceled into a whiffed Gotcha Grab, giving Jax 36 frame advantage.

I do know that a blocked special move that rolls-up can be punished by Jax' X-ray.

LEGEND

YES!
Hang on, I don't think this is garantueed.
I'm going on frame-data here:
1 with a whiffed 2 gives Jax 28 frame advantage
1 with a AA grab gives Jax 23 frame advantage

It takes 36 frames before the X-ray becomes active.
So 8 frame hole with a whiffed 2 probably gives the opponent enough time to jump or do a special move that makes it whiff.

The only way I can see this being guaranteed is that 1 is canceled into a whiffed Gotcha Grab, giving Jax 36 frame advantage.

I do know that a blocked special move that rolls-up can be punished by Jax' X-ray.
then my game/ training mode is fucked up cause the cpu couldnt jump out or anything

i'll go check vs a Second controller in a min.

edit: just tested it and it works in vs mode.