What's new

Jax pressure options (Per Character)

LEGEND

YES!
First off, shout outs to Master D. for his Kabal pressure system that he posted a while back. It inspired me to make my own for Jax that i have had for personal use for some time now and with all the tech discussions going on recently i felt like i should shell out some of my knowledge as well

The pressure options listed here are assuming your opponent is duck blocking and do not include universal mids or overheads like 3 and F3. Here it goes, the ratings are as follows:
(1)= 12, F4[1]3, 21, 22,
(2)= F4[1]3, 21, 22
(3)=21,22,
(*)=F4[1]3 does not hit in the corner

Scorpion=2
Liu Kang=2
Kung Lao=3
Sub-Zero=2
Sindel=2
Ermac=2
Reptile=3
Kitana=2
Johnny Cage=3
Jade=2
Mileena=3*
Nightwolf=2
Cyrax=2
Noob=2
Smoke=2
Sektor=3*
Sonya=3
Jax=3
Kano=2
Stryker=2
Shang Tsung=2
Baraka=2
Kabal=3
Raiden=2
Sheeva=2
Quan Chi=3*
Cyber-Sub-Zero=2
Skarlet=3*
Kenshi=1
Rain=1 (inconsistent 12 on duck block)
Freddy Krueger=1 (inconsistent 12 on duck block)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, i'd like to list a few more pressure options that are universally useful and some mix-ups to allow you to utilize the F4 string on low hitbox characters:

first we have D4, D4-Gotcha(escape counter), D3, D1-Gotcha(pressure counter), 3 and F3. All of which hit every character no matter if they are duck-blocking,Ducking or even using other normals to lower their hitbox

Then we have Special-links that hit mid or overhead, these options add hits to strings and/or keeps the pressure going, such options are: D4-Overhead Smash (now to be referred as OHS) F4-Ex OHS, F4-Ex Dash Punch, 3-OHS, F3-Gotcha grabs/OHS, 22-Ex Energy Wave, 2F2 and 21-OHS

i guess that about wraps it up, the rest of his pressure options require the opponent to be standing and are almost too numerous to list.

Hopefully this list helps someone. Let me know if there are any typos or key points that i missed, thanks

peace

LEGEND

YES!
ya man, Kenshi's duck blocking hitbox is the largest in the game. most character's jabs hit him while he ducks

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
edit the sector one...............if point blank f4 (1 ) will not hit (3) will change positions and put you in the corner

LEGEND

YES!
i'm going to try and update this once Tyrant and I are on the same page with Jax's new pressure Meta-game

most likely will be some point after dallas since he'll have alot of good competition to test it on and perfect it, Then i can break it down n post it for you all

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i'm going to try and update this once Tyrant and I are on the same page with Jax's new pressure Meta-game

most likely will be some point after dallas since he'll have alot of good competition to test it on and perfect it, Then i can break it down n post it for you all
Yesh!!! Would you happen to know about this new tech Tyrant keeps referring to lately, or is this related to it?

LEGEND

YES!
Yesh!!! Would you happen to know about this new tech Tyrant keeps referring to lately, or is this related to it?
its still in development.
Its a way to pressure low hitbox characters use Jax's strong footsie tools within sweep range and all of his strings that are + on hit that lead to Standing 1 jailing duck blockers. Very technical

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
ive been finding out almost everything about jax, how to pressure each character , GP setups, OHS knockdowns etc, but there's one thing i am not sure of, is the ex gotcha grab + on block? or give the same affect as the normal one and keep it neutral?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
ive been finding out almost everything about jax, how to pressure each character , GP setups, OHS knockdowns etc, but there's one thing i am not sure of, is the ex gotcha grab + on block? or give the same affect as the normal one and keep it neutral?
Its neutral.