What's new

Question - Jax Jax players, how do I deal with subzero?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Play Pumped Up, when he shoots the Ice Ball through his Clone, a well timed Tremor will make you dodge his projectile and also knock him down, also breaking the Clone.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
We all know how subzero players play they're all the same. My question is how do I consistently beat him? That ice clone is a joke. I use wrestler most the time but use heavy to TRY to help me against him but it's not working. Any tips against this garbage repeated cycle?
Pumped Up seems to do ok, just watch out for the MB Ice Blast. I've started punishing his unsafe b2 with f3~bf2d, followed by an unblockable MB Ground Pound or in the corner you can combo the bf2d into d12-11-11-124~db2 for a nice 40%+ meterless.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I never have any problems with sub players, I'll record a few matches online and post them in here next time I play a Grandmaster Sub.

Edit: if I do play a "good" sub, I normally just go bojutsu jin ;)

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
I'm getting better at the MU, won a tournament round against a good sub player last night.

I play heavy weapons - his machine guns go through the ice clone and hit sub, but you have to be really careful. Also his ground pound goes through the clone. Make sure you are full screen if you try to zone/ counter zone at all.

If clone is out, I try to stay right in my f21 range and outside of his low footsie range. I block high (I'm expecting his overhead, which I can punish or for sub to jump in, which I can anti air and full combo). Most sub's won't slide because it is so damn punishable. Sometime i'll walk up towards the clone and then back up a littlebit to try to get his normals to whiff and then I punish.

Getting cornered sucks. Try to save some meter for getting out of there, as it will inevitably happen. Otherwise, block, counterpoke, and reverse throw to switch positions. Maybe NJ1 every once in a while.

Just play patient. You can still rushdown, just play it a little more methodically (i.e. it's not worth poking with a d4 after a block string and hitting an ice clone)

GNice4U

Noob
there are 2 ways: 1st way : Go to training room choose the character and look at his framedata in the strings and kombos menu ,look at the string and look at the "block advantage" on the right side of the screen. Everything -9 and above (-10 -11 etc) is punishable with a string that has atleast 7 frames of startup. You can punish something that is -6 with a 6 frames special(must be done quickly ). With kung laos( tempest) EX spin (4 frames) you can punish anything with that is -5 or even -4.

Keep in mind you need 1 frames to release block before a string comes out so a 6 frames punch when you block is 7 frames BUT this doesnt apply to specials thats why u can punish -6 stuff with 6 frames specials .

2nd way : go to training room choose ur character (jax) and the character u want to check (subzero) -> pause go to "Ai options" and switch from "costum" to "record AI" now u can control the player 2 character you chose ( subzero) and record the any move for exp : record subs b2 and immediatly hold block after you did b2 then press start and now you the Subzero AI should be doing B2 and block and will repeat it. jax has a 5F punisher so use it or try any other string to see what works best.
This was super informative and helpful. There are still alot of us new to the game and information/knowledge like this many take for granted is immensely helpful to those of us still learning. Kudos and thank you!

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
What's the best way to post match replays? I don't have streaming equipment but have some saved to my uploadeR, which I think would be helpful for you guys.