What's new

Breakthrough - Jax Jax patch notes 10/4/2016

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Pretty sure that's why they did it. The whole idea was to eliminate all 1 bar armoured launchers under all possible circumstances. Hence why Flame Fist Liu also lost armor on EX WP despite it only providing a "full combo" in the corner.
they left subs tho :(

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I really don't understand why they gave double armor to Gotcha Extreme instead of giving it to Dashpunch? This would at least help with the Grandmaster MU. Double armor on GE seems useless.

Jax (Pumped Up) - Gotcha Extreme now has 2 hits of armor - what is the point of this?
PU can break opponents pressure with Gotcha: subs ice clone + overhead in corner for example - great PU buff

I still don't understand why they didn't do anything about his brutality and last quad slam
coz its still not for everyone i guess; only chosen ones and skilled dudes can perform ragdoll - sorry bro, sad but true, for example i performed it twice in a match :D :D :D

Man, exgotcha in Pumped Up is big unless they lowered the damage. Double armored safe move, that does 22% unbreakable now gives Pumped Up a place as a variation. Before there was no reason to pick him besides he is cool.
absolutely right, u can do 24% unbreakable damage

SamZ

Noob
Jax is still good, 11 being +1 isn't that big of deal IMO. Armor changes are fine because all armor was changed. Jax still will have his 50/50s, decent damage, energy wave, etc. Grandmaster match up will suck more than before. I just don't see how Jax is top 5 in this new patch though....

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
PU can break opponents pressure with Gotcha: subs ice clone + overhead in corner for example - great PU buff

coz its still not for everyone i guess; only chosen ones and skilled dudes can perform ragdoll - sorry bro, sad but true, for example i performed it twice in a match :D :D :D

absolutely right, u can do 24% unbreakable damage
Really good point on the two hits of armor vs sub zero clone setups. That could be a huge deal.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
How will it help with the GM mu if first of all, its a high and second it doesn't advance at all? The only thing you can do now when he cancels into clone is ex dashpunch which does 10% for a bar. This mu will be even more fucking horrible now.

Lokheit

Noob
Grandmaster MU is going to be 10 times worse now.
Jax (Pumped Up) - Gotcha Extreme now has 2 hits of armor - what is the point of this?
The point of it is precisely the GM matchup (and other trap setups). Everyone and their mothers are getting a 2 armor hits move to be able to avoid similar setups.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
The point of it is precisely the GM matchup (and other trap setups). Everyone and their mothers are getting a 2 armor hits move to be able to avoid similar setups.
Also this gotcha has always been nice to deal with crossups.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
With only one hit of armor it would lose vs double armored attacks.
I'm not sure, armor generally lasts until the move hits (or just some frames after that, at least that was one of the advantages of old EX Hammer being a slow armor, you could absorb other armored moves as long as they weren't multi-hits), so a move with 1 hit of armor should be able to absorb the impact of another with 2 hits of armor, then hit him when the armor window is over.

How will it help with the GM mu if first of all, its a high and second it doesn't advance at all? The only thing you can do now when he cancels into clone is ex dashpunch which does 10% for a bar. This mu will be even more fucking horrible now.
u can drop clone and armor GMs overhead or mid attacks by new gotcha

Lokheit

Noob
You could do that earlier aswell so 2 hits of armor changes nothing.
GM setups (and the other traps) revolve around you getting hit 2 times and falling into the trap, I don't see how he could get around that stuff with a single hit of armor before.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
GM setups (and the other traps) revolve around you getting hit 2 times and falling into the trap, I don't see how he could get around that stuff with a single hit of armor before.
How will 2 hits of armor on a move which doesn't move you help against grandmaster in the corner? Clone doesn't freeze Jax after using gotcha while being cornered. This doesn't help at all.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Jax is still good, 11 being +1 isn't that big of deal IMO. Armor changes are fine because all armor was changed. Jax still will have his 50/50s, decent damage, energy wave, etc. Grandmaster match up will suck more than before. I just don't see how Jax is top 5 in this new patch though....
You should check out HW jax. Absolutely trash now. Can't do his 1 bar BnB cuz there's no stamina left after his cancel to run f21. Literally no point in cancelling to bait armour or pokes because you can't even get a decent punish because (no stamina) so no point in doing a minus cancel and losing half your stamina on block and or on hit when you get more damage doing variation less jax combos.

So in summary HW jax pointless and void.
I'm hoping it's an oversight they didn't realise but if it stays this way HW jax Is doodoo

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Anyone else think they should have made his dash punch a mid if it's going to be his go to armour cuz that can just be ducked