What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Optimal BnB's

UPR_Nova

Noob
So I know most people don't use them but I have forced myself to incorporate these into my game. It's very easy to confirm whether you have the correct height to continue the full combo or readjust the combo for a quick restand or traditional ender. I'll list the combo ender then I will tell you how to make the proper adjustment if you feel you are going to drop the combo. In my usage, I am always going for the easier option and then confirm that I have the available gravity to attempt the full combo. All combos are done in the corner. Notation information: the second set of square brackets in the combo immediately below will be called [ENDER] after it is written for the first time. I don't feel like typing that out 24/7 and everything runs together after awhile. I also have the three enders color coded for readability and to differentiate. Sorry if it isn't formatted well. Someone else can do that if needed but I just wanted to get the information out there because I don't think anyone is utilizing it and I don't know why.

Optimal meterless combo in corner (ascending damage)
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, f21, 11, 11, 124 xx Gotcha Grab]
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, f21, 11, f212, d1d2 xx Gotcha Grab]
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, f21, 11, f212, 124 xx Gotcha Grab]

Examples (ascending damage)
11 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 39%
[ENDER] ~ 40%
[ENDER] ~ 42%

12 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 40%
[ENDER] ~ 41%
[ENDER] ~ 43%

B12 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 41%
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 44%

23 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 41%
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 44%

B3 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 43%
[ENDER] ~ 45%

123 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 43%
[ENDER] ~ 46%

F21 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 43%
[ENDER] ~ 44%
[ENDER] ~ 46%

B2 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 44%
[ENDER] ~ 45%
[ENDER] ~ 47%

Keep in mind guys, these damage numbers are for Pumped Up. If you play another variation, I would test the damage for yourself but I'm pretty sure the consensus is about 3% less per combo for the other variations if ended in Gotcha Grab. If you play Wrestler, you aren't far from the Pumped Up damage. For example, the red ender for the f21 starter is 45% if you end in the command grab which is only 1% less than the Pumped Up damage. Although it isn't the same across the board, I still believe that it is the maximum meterless damage. As I will discuss below, the double overhead dash punch is for sure the most damaging 1-bar combo in the corner regardless of variation. The reason we need to incorporate these is simple: they are optimal. There was a time that I could not do ANY of his combos so although these are tough, they need to be mastered. Also, they require no meter to get close to 50% which is ridiculous so we shouldn't be coming with anything less than 40% in the corner unless you started with 11, which is extremely rare. If you can master these, you never have to use meter as Jax in the corner except to break armor. The video below showcases the different heights that the specific enders can be applied to. If I'm not sure, I always step down one color. For example, I have already attempted the red ender but I'm not 100% sure that the height of the dummy is great enough to be ended in 124. No problem. Just knock it down one color to yellow and end in d1d2 xx Gotcha Grab. As a side note, no extra damage is gained from doing 11 or 12 in place of d1d2.

Combo Ender Showcase

Optimal 1-bar combo in corner (ascending damage)
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, b34 xx EX Overhead Dash Punch, f212, 124 xx Gotcha Grab]

Again, the second square brackets represent the ender for the combo.

11 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 50%

12 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 51%

B12 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 52%

23 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 52%

123 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 53%

B3 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 53%

F21 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 54%

B2 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 55%

1-bar Combo Showcase

Please keep in mind that if you play a variation other than Pumped Up, these will be incorrect for that variation. For comparison sake, Wrestler gets 54% off of the same b2 starter if ended in command grab and 52% if ended in Gotcha Grab. This seems to be the case for all of the combos so I will go out on a limb and say that Wrestler gets 1% less on all combos and Heavy Weapons gets 3% less on all combos. Feel free to correct this statement as I am too lazy to test for variations that I do not currently use. Regardless, this is the best 1-bar damage that can be achieved in the corner and it is very consistent once you get the timing down after the second Overhead Dash Punch. Also keep in mind that you can pretty much attack immediately after the EX Overhead Dash Punch connects. My tip to you would be to input the command faster and faster until it won't come out at all and then dial it back in speed from there. Concerning the 124 in the combo, height will not make a difference in the 124 landing in this combo, so it's a long shot that you drop the combo if you have landed the f212. Just don't try to land a 124 xx Gotcha Grab after you attempt it at Jax's knees then come back here saying that it doesn't work every time and call me a liar.

For a little bit extra, you can burn another bar to get around 5% more. I haven't tested for every single starter because I rarely use this but it is available if you need to kill.
[STARTER xx Overhead Dash Punch, b34 xx EX Overhead Dash Punch, f212,] [111, EX Ground Pound]
The second set of brackets contains the ender that will provide you more damage, 60% to be exact off of the b2 starter. This has been fully tested against Lao, Reptile and Cassie and is guaranteed damage to tack on to your combo. Example video below.

2-bar Combo Showcase

Last edited:
So I know most people don't use them but I have forced myself to incorporate these into my game. It's very easy to confirm whether you have the correct height to continue the full combo or readjust the combo for a quick restand or traditional ender. I'll list the combo ender then I will tell you how to make the proper adjustment if you feel you are going to drop the combo. In my usage, I am always going for the easier option and then confirm that I have the available gravity to attempt the full combo. All combos are done in the corner. Notation information: the second set of square brackets in the combo immediately below will be called [ENDER] after it is written for the first time. I don't feel like typing that out 24/7 and everything runs together after awhile. I also have the three enders color coded for readability and to differentiate. Sorry if it isn't formatted well. Someone else can do that if needed but I just wanted to get the information out there because I don't think anyone is utilizing it and I don't know why.

Optimal meterless combo in corner (ascending damage)
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, f21, 11, 11, 124 xx Gotcha Grab]
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, f21, 11, f212, d1d2 xx Gotcha Grab]
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, f21, 11, f212, 124 xx Gotcha Grab]

11 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 39%
[ENDER] ~ 40%
[ENDER] ~ 42%

12 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 40%
[ENDER] ~ 41%
[ENDER] ~ 43%

B12 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 41%
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 44%

23 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 41%
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 44%

B3 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 43%
[ENDER] ~ 45%

123 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 42%
[ENDER] ~ 43%
[ENDER] ~ 46%

F21 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 43%
[ENDER] ~ 44%
[ENDER] ~ 46%

B2 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 44%
[ENDER] ~ 45%
[ENDER] ~ 47%

Keep in mind guys, these damage numbers are for Pumped Up. If you play another variation, I would test the damage for yourself but I'm pretty sure the consensus is about 3% less per combo for the other variations if ended in Gotcha Grab. If you play Wrestler, you aren't far from the Pumped Up damage. For example, the red ender for the f21 starter is 45% if you end in the command grab which is only 1% less than the Pumped Up damage. Although it isn't the same across the board, I still believe that it is the maximum meterless damage. As I will discuss below, the double overhead dash punch is for sure the most damaging 1-bar combo in the corner regardless of variation. The reason we need to incorporate these is simple: they are optimal. There was a time that I could not do ANY of his combos so although these are tough, they need to be mastered. Also, they require no meter to get close to 50% which is ridiculous so we shouldn't be coming with anything less than 40% in the corner unless you started with 11, which is extremely rare. If you can master these, you never have to use meter as Jax in the corner except to break armor. The video below showcases the different heights that the specific enders can be applied to. If I'm not sure, I always step down one color. For example, I have already attempted the red ender but I'm not 100% sure that the height of the dummy is great enough to be ended in 124. No problem. Just knock it down one color to yellow and end in d1d2 xx Gotcha Grab. As a side note, no extra damage is gained from doing 11 or 12 in place of d1d2.

Combo Ender Showcase

Optimal 1-bar combo in corner (ascending damage)
[STARTER] [xx Overhead Dash Punch, b34 xx EX Overhead Dash Punch, f212, 124 xx Gotcha Grab]

Again, the second square brackets represent the ender for the combo.

11 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 50%

12 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 51%

B12 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 52%

23 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 52%

123 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 53%

B3 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 53%

F21 Starter

[ENDER] ~ 54%

B2 Starter
[ENDER] ~ 55%

1-bar Combo Showcase

Please keep in mind that if you play a variation other than Pumped Up, these will be incorrect for that variation. For comparison sake, Wrestler gets 54% off of the same b2 starter if ended in command grab and 52% if ended in Gotcha Grab. This seems to be the case for all of the combos so I will go out on a limb and say that Wrestler gets 1% less on all combos and Heavy Weapons gets 3% less on all combos. Feel free to correct this statement as I am too lazy to test for variations that I do not currently use. Regardless, this is the best 1-bar damage that can be achieved in the corner and it is very consistent once you get the timing down after the second Overhead Dash Punch. Also keep in mind that you can pretty much attack immediately after the EX Overhead Dash Punch connects. My tip to you would be to input the command faster and faster until it won't come out at all and then dial it back in speed from there. Concerning the 124 in the combo, height will not make a difference in the 124 landing in this combo, so it's a long shot that you drop the combo if you have landed the f212. Just don't try to land a 124 xx Gotcha Grab after you attempt it at Jax's knees then come back here saying that it doesn't work every time and call me a liar.

For a little bit extra, you can burn another bar to get around 5% more. I haven't tested for every single starter because I rarely use this but it is available if you need to kill.
[STARTER xx Overhead Dash Punch, b34 xx EX Overhead Dash Punch, f212,] [111, EX Ground Pound]
The second set of brackets contains the ender that will provide you more damage, 60% to be exact off of the b2 starter. This has been fully tested against Lao, Reptile and Cassie and is guaranteed damage to tack on to your combo. Example video below.

2-bar Combo Showcase
This is probably the most useful post in the entirety of the Jax fora