What's new

Jax Hunker Down Bad MU's Poll

Bad Matchups For Jax Hunker Down

• Total voters
I can't do shit against a Kabal with a brain. I know for sure that I am not a great player but Kabal's reach and safety just feels so goddamned bad to fight against.

Post-patch Kollector has been giving me the business as well, but that may or may not just be on me.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I don't think his bad MUs have really changed tbh, can't say anything yet about new buffed characters

thlityoursloat

kick kick
No mentions of SZ? Imagine dealing getting kept out the whole game by his half screen d4 and other hurtboxless buttons, just so he rapes you with 50/50s.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
No mentions of SZ? Imagine dealing getting kept out the whole game by his half screen d4 and other hurtboxless buttons, just so he rapes you with 50/50s.
I actually think this is an easy 5/5, and one of the few matchups that GB does better than HD at 6-4.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I actually think this is an easy 5/5, and one of the few matchups that GB does better than HD at 6-4.
Elaborate?
One blocked d4 and you’re fucked, you’re pushed all the way back, setting you up perfectly for him to play his game.
Can’t really whiff anything, his 50/50 risk is well in his favor, badly outranges Jax, can’t bf2, can’t jump, can’t heat up, can’t even think about ground pounding or thumping. Staggers are also riskier because he can convert into a full combo from jab.
I just don’t see it 5-5 in HD. Grinning I don’t know, you could be right, being able to actually punish that brain let 50/50 must be nice.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Elaborate?
One blocked d4 and you’re fucked, you’re pushed all the way back, setting you up perfectly for him to play his game.
Can’t really whiff anything, his 50/50 risk is well in his favor, badly outranges Jax, can’t bf2, can’t jump, can’t heat up, can’t even think about ground pounding or thumping. Staggers are also riskier because he can convert into a full combo from jab.
I just don’t see it 5-5 in HD. Grinning I don’t know, you could be right, being able to actually punish that brain let 50/50 must be nice.
U have to remember that sub has garbage mids (or lack thereof) even off a blocked d4 so he has to dash in risk getting interrupted or risk being low profiled and as for staggers being "riskier" it's an inherent risk that comes with staggers anyways so it's not really an argument that is in sub's favor. Bf2 can whiff punish sub's advancing stuff (I like amping it normally), he can heat up and block on time tho if ur talking abt thin ice then yea perhaps. Of course u also have to remember Sub lives and dies by his 50/50's as well and Jax has a slightly safer 50/50 option (the low is meh and most of us don't use it super often besides testing the player's fuzzy guard with the OH leading to KB and opening up throw game and at worse we get punished with d1) and his low stagger honestly is not super scary from experience since the third hit is just a hard knockdown where Sub still has to read our wakeup options, as for oki we absolutely bully Sub in that regard whereas Sub can't bully Jax as hard and when Jax gets rolly he can delete Sub's health bar pretty fast. Anyways I'm only speaking from my experience with the MU and it def is even for HD and GB wins as far as I know thanks to his parry

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Which character compliments HD the best? I assume cassie.
Honestly Nightwolf can do a good job compensating for HD's bad MUs at least when it comes to zoning, Kabal is another candidate I'd mention since HD struggles with anyone who outranges him and has the zoning to compete in the MUs Jax struggles in

anyone got tips againts lao ?

i struggle if.

if they abuse 21212 string wish is suppose to be high. jax seems to have huge hitbox it doesnt whiff on him.
they spam hat
jump back and dive kick on reaction

cant zone him cause of his teleport. i dont know doesnt feel like a good match up imo

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
anyone got tips againts lao ?

i struggle if.

if they abuse 21212 string wish is suppose to be high. jax seems to have huge hitbox it doesnt whiff on him.
they spam hat
jump back and dive kick on reaction

cant zone him cause of his teleport. i dont know doesnt feel like a good match up imo
21212 actually does whiff on Jax but not always tho the window is semi tight but lenient enough, u can zone back with heat and thumper to some extent and the tp is pretty telegraphed, as for dive kicks, I've had modest success with b1 sometimes but not always. I actually don't have trouble zoning lao if I have life lead since projectile trade is not in Lao's favor and if Lao tries z hat shtick u can f2 him if u make a read (can't say u can react for sure)

21212 actually does whiff on Jax but not always tho the window is semi tight but lenient enough, u can zone back with heat and thumper to some extent and the tp is pretty telegraphed, as for dive kicks, I've had modest success with b1 sometimes but not always. I actually don't have trouble zoning lao if I have life lead since projectile trade is not in Lao's favor and if Lao tries z hat shtick u can f2 him if u make a read (can't say u can react for sure)
thanks for the tips but for the 21212 string it block stun at 95% for me. when do you poke out ?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
im saying close range. but i think its dumb that lao vs lao that string whiff no matter the range
Ok I just tested to see when u can poke out his string, u need to let go of block right after the hat connects and u can start mashing d1 d3 or d4 to check him and Lao can't do anything abt it except ending the string early at 21. D4 is the most reliable, d1 works most of the time and d3 whiffs sometimes hell u can even fatal blow him

i feel like seen double noob saibot is probably one of the worst mu for jax. you cant out footsies noob like almost nobody can but he also make it very hard for jax to get in with his safe low slide. also the only way jax can punish noob fb is by jax fb i think thats fucked up.

i feel like seen double noob saibot is probably one of the worst mu for jax. you cant out footsies noob like almost nobody can but he also make it very hard for jax to get in with his safe low slide. also the only way jax can punish noob fb is by jax fb i think thats fucked up.
You know, I had recently been thinking about this one. I initially thought it might also be a bad MU, but I'm thinking more and more that it was just my lack of experience. I play against SD Noob a lot like I'm fighting Jade. Just have to take it slow and walk it in. I also feel this is a match-up where building heat when you can is a massive priority. With heat, Jax can easily stand up to SD's weird ass zoning. Once you do get in, Jax can really bully Noob (as I am sure you are aware). Is it annoying and boring to fight? Definitely. But I don't think its worse than 5-5 in my opinion.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Personally, I think he loses to:

Cetrion
3-7
Kabal
4-6
Sonya
4-6

I don't like using decimals, so the following will also be 4-6, but easier 4-6s than Kabal and Sonya:

Cassie
4-6
Skarlet
4-6

I think he mostly 5-5s with everyone else except a couple that I think he flat out wins.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
You know, I had recently been thinking about this one. I initially thought it might also be a bad MU, but I'm thinking more and more that it was just my lack of experience. I play against SD Noob a lot like I'm fighting Jade. Just have to take it slow and walk it in. I also feel this is a match-up where building heat when you can is a massive priority. With heat, Jax can easily stand up to SD's weird ass zoning. Once you do get in, Jax can really bully Noob (as I am sure you are aware). Is it annoying and boring to fight? Definitely. But I don't think its worse than 5-5 in my opinion.
I don't see how you can "bully him" when he can always low poke or 9f mid you into MB low slide to undo all of your work getting in.
Does anybody know about the goofy ass OS that noob has against HD's OH string? Somehow if he reversal up clones it trades between the gap favorably for him.

I don't see how you can "bully him" when he can always low poke or 9f mid you into MB low slide to undo all of your work getting in.
Does anybody know about the goofy ass OS that noob has against HD's OH string? Somehow if he reversal up clones it trades between the gap favorably for him.
Eh, I'll give you that bully is a very strong term. My bad on that. I just haven't struggled against his buttons up close as badly as I have other characters. Jax D4, shimmying out pokes/D2s, and whiff punishing with F2 seems to work against him just as well as most of the cast. Who knows, maybe I'm just fighting mid-level SD Noobs.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Eh, I'll give you that bully is a very strong term. My bad on that. I just haven't struggled against his buttons up close as badly as I have other characters. Jax D4, shimmying out pokes/D2s, and whiff punishing with F2 seems to work against him just as well as most of the cast. Who knows, maybe I'm just fighting mid-level SD Noobs.
Shimmying out pokes is a freaking nightmare because his pokes are top tier. His d3 is as good as your d4 and his d4 is so good it qualifies for a special. Whiff punishing him with f2 also really isn't easy because a lot of his crap just doesn't have a hitbox.
He has so many ways to safely build space, and on top of that up close that 9f mid is a problem because you either get b1 1+3KB'd, b1 low slid for good damage and space on hit or block or grabbed, and he has 2 grab KBs if I remember corerctly, and a launching auto shimmy string.
I just had a fucking guy throw out b1 1+3s in open space like a backdash, and the only thing I could do was try to thumper him or build heat to shoot him, but then he could always TP punish you if you get too comfortable. Annoying as shit I tell you.