What's new

Jax hitbox issues

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Just wanted to make a thread where we can highlight issues / glitches with hitboxes, so that the devs can easily find it in one place. This thread is NOT for buff/nerf requests, or any subjective opinions, just highlighting issues.

With Jax, I have noticed a few.
  1. Second hit of standing 22 - this issue is the most glaring one, and definitely a bug. The second hit is meant to be a mid and whiffs on the vast majority of crouching opponents (whether they are neutral crouching or they are crouch blocking).
  2. Standing 1 whiffs on most crouch blocking opponents. This issue is there with a number of characters' standing jabs, not just Jax, but if those get fixed later then it makes sense for Jax to as well.
  3. Standing 2 whiffs on some characters when they are crouch blocking (e.g., Cassie).

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Man I just want what's left of Jax's tick throws to work more consistently. He gets nerfed enough as it is and it's barely been a week

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
isnt standing 1 a high? that's supposed to whiff. 22 might be a bug though, unless it's only a mid on block/hit. i really don't see the use for that string anyway

Edit: yeah standing 1 and 2 are highs. they are supposed to whiff. I only use them in combos for this reason since people duck so damn much in this game

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
isnt standing 1 a high? that's supposed to whiff. 22 might be a bug though, unless it's only a mid on block/hit. i really don't see the use for that string anyway

Edit: yeah standing 1 and 2 are highs. they are supposed to whiff. I only use them in combos for this reason since people duck so damn much in this game
In general, highs whiff on neutral crouch but not crouch blocking. However it’s not consistent across the cast. The strongest characters generally have highs that consistently hit on crouch blocking though.

Jax’s own highs normally work too except what I mentioned.

Wazurau

FGC Since '97
In general, highs whiff on neutral crouch but not crouch blocking. However it’s not consistent across the cast. The strongest characters generally have highs that consistently hit on crouch blocking though.

highs only hit on crouching block. No one's highs hit on neutral crouch. Overheads however, do.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer

Damn i didnt realize. I was wondering what the point was with all these high strings when d2 is so prevalent

How about the fact that d1,2 isn’t a true string? If that was intended it’s really dumb
THIS!!, i hate this so much, now i can only use F3,3 for pressure and punish because is the only thing that is fast enough and is safe. D1,2 should be a safe string because i find myself doing kicks most of the time and jax theme is punching! with those huge metal arms, using your fists should be encouraged!

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
What about the 2, in F4, 2, whiffing on hit that's very irritating as well as D1, 2 not being an actual string because it's weird how it is now.
Yeah, Honestly f42 might as well not exist in my book as a string (unless there are some incredible combo routes with it that I'm not aware of). It's +9 on block, but it's brain dead easy to make the 2 whiff. f4 being +1 on block (and leaving them in perfect f3 range on hit) makes it much more attractive to just throw out by itself.

I get why d12 is the way it is. The reason we all want it to be a true safe and mid poke string is because of how strong it would be in neutral. I would totally love it if they buffed it, but it might not fit the more "honest" game they're trying to craft with MK11.
And at least it does serve a purpose (it's useful in combos) where F42 is seemingly a useless string.

Yeah, Honestly f42 might as well not exist in my book as a string (unless there are some incredible combo routes with it that I'm not aware of). It's +9 on block, but it's brain dead easy to make the 2 whiff. f4 being +1 on block (and leaving them in perfect f3 range on hit) makes it much more attractive to just throw out by itself.

I get why d12 is the way it is. The reason we all want it to be a true safe and mid poke string is because of how strong it would be in neutral. I would totally love it if they buffed it, but it might not fit the more "honest" game they're trying to craft with MK11.
And at least it does serve a purpose (it's useful in combos) where F42 is seemingly a useless string.
Can you think of any other combo like d12 that isnt a true string though? If so then i'll understand but to my knowledge its just jax. I mean keep the gap sure but its a little irritating that if the d1 hits the 2 can be blocked.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
No, but to be fair, no other character has a d12 string. I get where you are coming from, and I don't disagree that it's weird at all (I still throw it out time to time, expecting it to work differently), but I absolutely understand why it is the way it is. They are stating with it's design that "d12 is never to be used in the poke war; Jax's d1 is equal in power to everyone else's d1 in neutral."

DarthSatan666

Rock, Paper, Nut Punch
My only problem with the d12 not being a true string. Is it gives it a really strange window for special cancels that doesn't feel right.

MRAM

Noob
If you're crouch blocking when you u2 after a flawless block you will completely miss and be vulnerable to full combo punish. Stand blocking seems to have more of a horizontal hitbox that seems to disappear if you crouch block.

Let's take Scorpion's f34 for example, if you flawless block the second hit of the string your u2 will miss. If you crouch block the first hit (f3) then stand up and flawless block the second hit your u2 will hit. If you stand block the f3 and flawless block the 4 while crouching your u2 will whiff. This means you can't bait low pokes and flawless block u2 because it will whiff.

never combo'd. Crouching moves dont combo in MK series. Use it for corner carry, mixups dith d1, getting heat, the end.
We were talking about the command grab reread
Edit: whoops I mean my response was to the guy asking about command grabs, I replied to the wrong person back then

ATIWAB

Noob
If you're crouch blocking when you u2 after a flawless block you will completely miss and be vulnerable to full combo punish. Stand blocking seems to have more of a horizontal hitbox that seems to disappear if you crouch block.
Yeah, noticed this too, I'll rarely bother with the U2 on FB and just use the extra frame advantage off the FB to restart pressure with F33 instead, or U3 if it'll close the round.