What's new

Jax General Discussion

Has one of the fastest fatal blows in the game, has the ability to side switch with two special moves, Easy Kbs, good high low game, solid projectiles, and can check from long range with ground pound. This character is far from bad. LOL The meta still favors his style of play since it is center around pokes which he has a lot of. I'm not comparing Jax to the characters I listed, I'm just telling you that people haven't been trying other characters. I mean I heard from Tweedy people think Terminator was bad because he can't get in. (LOL!).
Easy kbs = relatives to you making multiple good reads and only source of real damage.

Good high low game, this is false Jax risk his life for minimal damage and the low option put jax at mid screen. most characters with good mouvement like liu,cetrion,joker can just back dash or walk back.

How side switching moves do anything for a tier list ? about 90% of the cast can side switch with simple combos or moves.

Jax is only good at low level, nobody will be playing jax at high level.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Easy kbs = relatives to you making multiple good reads and only source of real damage.

Good high low game, this is false Jax risk his life for minimal damage and the low option put jax at mid screen. most characters with good mouvement like liu,cetrion,joker can just back dash or walk back.

How side switching moves do anything for a tier list ? about 90% of the cast can side switch with simple combos or moves.

Jax is only good at low level, nobody will be playing jax at high level.
amen.
Even Frost has better plus frames. crying laugh emoji

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If u only go off from framedata in strings then lao is bottom tier wich has been said on day where ppl complained how bad his framedata is and guess what, most top players say hes atleast top 10. You need to play mk11 with the characters not mkx.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If u only go off from framedata in strings then lao is bottom tier wich has been said on day where ppl complained how bad his framedata is and guess what, most top players say hes atleast top 10. You need to play mk11 with the characters not mkx.
The difference is that Lao has a top tier strike/throw game because his strikes lead into S tier damage, his autoshimmy launches and his grab KB is arguably more accessible against a good player. His best variation also completely nullfies all of that shit by giving him a safe launcher. Lao also doesn't live and die by his ability to stagger you.

When Jax isn't staggering you.. what's he doing? Zoning you? Lol, maybe. Spacing you out? Lol god no. 50/50ing you? -20 just to take 7% isn't really worth it. Grabbing you? Sure, but then he isn't building any heat and risks eating 40-50% from a d2.
This is a pure pressure variation that worked despite the frame data because of the tiny buffer, now that the buffer is HELLA generous the frame data doesn't cut it. Period.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
please someone answer this , give me 5 characters that Jax beat ? im pretty sure you cant come up with even 3.
Spawn, Shao, and Kotal Khan. Even Jade while we're at it. Jax is "Not only good at low levels". I don't know who told you that lie when all the top players and offline players have high praise for Jax. Your boner for frame data is concerning. Not every character has big long combos and this game is all about pokes and neutral. Also it blows my mind how hunker down is seen as balls when it isn't. Those easy KBs are hard reads yo uget them if you jsut simply land them with the ability to heat up Jax can be really annoying.

Spawn, Shao, and Kotal Khan. Even Jade while we're at it. Jax is "Not only good at low levels". I don't know who told you that lie when all the top players and offline players have high praise for Jax. Your boner for frame data is concerning. Not every character has big long combos and this game is all about pokes and neutral. Also it blows my mind how hunker down is seen as balls when it isn't. Those easy KBs are hard reads yo uget them if you jsut simply land them with the ability to heat up Jax can be really annoying.
Jax doesnt beat Kotal or jade you clearly dont play jax. Also SpawN beats jax one block and jax eats 400 dmg. in neutral spawn out zone jax.

Jax beats other characters but none of those you listed you are delusional.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Jax doesnt beat Kotal or jade you clearly dont play jax. Also SpawN beats jax one block and jax eats 400 dmg. in neutral spawn out zone jax.

Jax beats other characters but none of those you listed you are delusional.
Who do you think he beats again? I feel like he doesn't beat anyone. You mentioned Shao but that still feels 5-5 to me, evened out by Jax's nonexistent damage and the fact that Shao has better distance and zoning.

Who do you think he beats again? I feel like he doesn't beat anyone. You mentioned Shao but that still feels 5-5 to me, evened out by Jax's nonexistent damage and the fact that Shao has better distance and zoning.
in my opinion , he beats Scorpion,Shao and Dvorah thats about it.
but like i said he barely beats them not like a 6-4 it would be like a 5.5-4.5 if it make sense lol.

I asked hayatei if jax is really that bad and he said hes good and also said most ppl think hes good.
i watch almost every stream hayatei did and when he played jax sonic i was there i told Hayatei to stop respecting GB stances he didnt even knew. Cause he didnt labbed jax. He think hes good cause he didnt know how to fight jax.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
i watch almost every stream hayatei did and when he played jax sonic i was there i told Hayatei to stop respecting GB stances he didnt even knew. Cause he didnt labbed jax. He think hes good cause he didnt know how to fight jax.
I saw him play long sets against gunshow who was probably the best jax online. Besides he also said that other ppl think hes good...im not saying myself that hes top 5 but when i play against good jax players who dont rely on f3 i can tell hes not as bad as the 2 ppl here who make him seem hes bottom tier. Imo i think hes midtier.

I saw him play long sets against gunshow who was probably the best jax online. Besides he also said that other ppl think hes good...im not saying myself that hes top 5 but when i play against good jax players who dont rely on f3 i can tell hes not as bad as the 2 ppl here who make him seem hes bottom tier. Imo i think hes midtier.
the long set with gunshow is super old.
if you are not top 10 or even top 15 your character sucks competitive wise its sad but its how it is.

look at Waz tier list

or tekken master tier list

thlityoursloat

kick kick
the long set with gunshow is super old.
if you are not top 10 or even top 15 your character sucks competitive wise its sad but its how it is.

look at Waz tier list

or tekken master tier list
Pretty good tier lists (in terms of placing Jax). I don't think people understand how characters like Johnny or Cetrion absolutely maim Jax. If every other character with their half screen advancing attacks and teleports still get zoned out/outspaced by Cetrion then just fucking imagine Jax who arguably has the worst range in the game.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Pretty good tier lists (in terms of placing Jax). I don't think people understand how characters like Johnny or Cetrion absolutely maim Jax. If every other character with their half screen advancing attacks and teleports still get zoned out/outspaced by Cetrion then just fucking imagine Jax who arguably has the worst range in the game.
Have you given Ringer the time of day? I'm gonna lab with him again. He has the potential to keep pressure while being plus with clap and ex clap on hit or by ending your combos in clap sooo much oki.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
On paper Jax is not very good, which makes it even more infuriating that I can't seem to deal with him regardless of matchup. By the time I even start to learn my opponent's patterns, I've eaten 4 KBs and taken 10,000 damage from lows and throws.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
On paper Jax is not very good, which makes it even more infuriating that I can't seem to deal with him regardless of matchup. By the time I even start to learn my opponent's patterns, I've eaten 4 KBs and taken 10,000 damage from lows and throws.
The low is -20 and it's generally not a bad idea to risk getting hit to d2 kb the throws because his damage is not very good. From no heat you can take 2 f33 1+3s and still not trigger the KB.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The low is -20 and it's generally not a bad idea to risk getting hit to d2 kb the throws because his damage is not very good. From no heat you can take 2 f33 1+3s and still not trigger the KB.
The low is -20 but pushback makes it difficult for a lot of characters to effectively punish, especially online.