What's new

Jax General Discussion

again , i really think jax is super strong i dont have issues with jax tools. Can he be better? yes but im not asking for buffs. i Dont have issues doing his cmd grab kb offline once agani. the risk of doing a high cmd grab with dbf motion and waste 2 bars for only small dmg if i miss the last slam is huge. most likekly you will only get 2 slams cause you have to wait on the last frames for the third 1 . jax only tick throws is d1 or d12 wish isnt amazing but still is a tool. but the opponent can jump,roll,neutral duck,press buttons ,fb etc.. for what ? 2 bar 350 dmg ? that if you fuck up lose two offense bar ? i mean not a good deal. if my read is on point i shouldnt be punish for it since it cost 2 bars.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I play cmd grab characters but the thing that im geting at is that HD doesnt have indepth anything easy combos mostly braindead staggers into cmd grab hes a touch of death machine thats why they nerfed that variation.

Should a round be decided by two touches and a fthrow? Or cgrab? At least you build the bars back for free nothing wrong with blocking this aint dbfz you dont have to block forever..

Last edited:
I play cmd grab characters but the thing that im geting at is that HD doesnt have indepth anything easy combos mostly braindead staggers into cmd grab hes a touch of death machine thats why they nerfed that variation.

Should a round be decided by two touches and a fthrow? Or cgrab? At least you build the bars back for free nothing wrong with blocking this aint dbfz you dont have to block forever..
Jax is not a tod character, sure with max heat you can say he is I’ll give you that. But compared to the top tiers he isn’t, without heat he really isn’t that crazy of a character.

I agree 100% jax is a comeback momentum character , it doesnt mean its easy. His staggers arent brain dead since it has big risk not like liu f4 strings. To win with jax you need hard reads and lot of them. but then yes you can delete a life bar. But not easy. not like noob saibot 390 dmg bnb or sub 340 dmg into vortex.. cmon now. why is jax the only character in the game who requiere a 2-3f link for a kb ? please let me know

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Jax is not a tod character, sure with max heat you can say he is I’ll give you that. But compared to the top tiers he isn’t, without heat he really isn’t that crazy of a character.
I agree 100% jax is a comeback momentum character , it doesnt mean its easy. His staggers arent brain dead since it has big risk not like liu f4 strings. To win with jax you need hard reads and lot of them. but then yes you can delete a life bar. But not easy. not like noob saibot 390 dmg bnb or sub 340 dmg into vortex.. cmon now. why is jax the only character in the game who requiere a 2-3f link for a kb ? please let me know
I'm not totally against what you're both saying is it bad if I think hes fine? The nerf was expected unfortunately. The only thing left to do is lab. I like my hard read risky rushdown gawd monster.

They didn't nerf his 9f Mid. Unlike kang; I feel like he is not much a threat anymore. You can figure out what they are doing amd blow them up. F4 isnt broken now that gap seems to get rocked by Jax's S1.
It's HARD to read a true Jax main.

I'm not totally against what you're both saying is it bad if I think hes fine? The nerf was expected unfortunately. The only thing left to do is lab. I like my hard read risky rushdown gawd monster.

They didn't nerf his 9f Mid. Unlike kang; I feel like he is not much a threat anymore. You can figure out what they are doing amd blow them up. F4 isnt broken now that gap seems to get rocked by Jax's S1.
It's HARD to read a true Jax main.
That’s he thing though none of us are saying he’s bad, we just are saying it shouldn’t have been harder. He still a top character.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So can we all agree ringer is his worst variation?
Taking away gotcha grab means you have to depend on your shitty 11f high string to generate heat, and since you can't dunk or full combo off of f3 it ends up taking a backseat. I hate it. The clap and the string are worthless, GB's kit serves the exact same function.
The only things you miss out on are the unblockable ground pound and unbreakable 30% missile combos.. which is pointless because HD can do the same thing from dunk KB or cmd grab KB.

So can we all agree ringer is his worst variation?
Taking away gotcha grab means you have to depend on your shitty 11f high string to generate heat, and since you can't dunk or full combo off of f3 it ends up taking a backseat. I hate it. The clap and the string are worthless, GB's kit serves the exact same function.
The only things you miss out on are the unblockable ground pound and unbreakable 30% missile combos.. which is pointless because HD can do the same thing from dunk KB or cmd grab KB.
No to me gb is ass. Did you know you can d1 any attempt he makes to combo with bf2? I’m serious so if he tries bf2 amp, bf2 low grab, bf2 overhead, you can actually d1 all of that when he does that little mini turn. You don’t have to respect it at all. I’m not a huge fan of ringer but at least when he gets his 22 string going you can’t just interrupt it for free

thlityoursloat

kick kick
No to me gb is ass. Did you know you can d1 any attempt he makes to combo with bf2? I’m serious so if he tries bf2 amp, bf2 low grab, bf2 overhead, you can actually d1 all of that when he does that little mini turn. You don’t have to respect it at all. I’m not a huge fan of ringer but at least when he gets his 22 string going you can’t just interrupt it for free
At least you get full combos that lead to full heat, off of f3, and you get to keep gotcha grab.
I always knew those mixups were gimmicks anyways.

I
At least you get full combos that lead to full heat, off of f3, and you get to keep gotcha grab.
I always knew those mixups were gimmicks anyways.
I mean yes I agree that you keep the gotcha grab but in ringer you get full heat too. Doing the full 22 string you get a lot of it. Full heat in ringer is scarier then in gb because off his 22 string you can kb any time. Also you get stiff arm in ringer which is far better then gb bf2

Edit: also you’re getting that full heat without losing a bar

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I still think GB is real underrated. It just plays different from HD. More focused on playing neutral instead of rushdown.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Bf2 never has and never will be a mixup tool. Even if you couldn’t poke out the oh is completely reactable. It’s only use is the launcher. I don’t think its better than hunker down but your high af if you think it’s trash. One of the only characters with a safe 9f mid that can confirm into 30-40% and almost full screen corner carry.

Bf2 never has and never will be a mixup tool. Even if you couldn’t poke out the oh is completely reactable. It’s only use is the launcher. I don’t think its better than hunker down but your high af if you think it’s trash. One of the only characters with a safe 9f mid that can confirm into 30-40% and almost full screen corner carry.
But see with it being reactable outside of punishing me you’re not gonna open me up. It’s either you do that and I poke out of it or you stagger me to death and hope I flinch. It’s just not a variation I’ll ever respect and everytime I play one they have to try and gimmick me out.

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
Variation trash to me since you can just d1 outta every bf2 attempt man. I was gonna use it until I realized that
dude u can't d1 4 into bf2 there is no gap there . Eg 4 bf2 , 4 bf2 grab these two leaves no gap they r guaranteed, which leads to a 50/50 u can mix low/overhead , grab loops into what ever u choose note 4 into bf2 is safe at -4 , 4 into bf2 low grab is unsafe at -17 but still the mind games r real bro . This variation can deal tons of shit loads to stress out your opponents trust me but all that doesn't come cheap you need to sweet blood to kill your opponents with jax doesn't matter which variation you use .

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
2-3f link with 2 bars lol

dude u can't d1 4 into bf2 there is no gap there . Eg 4 bf2 , 4 bf2 grab these two leaves no gap they r guaranteed, which leads to a 50/50 u can mix low/overhead , grab loops into what ever u choose note 4 into bf2 is safe at -4 , 4 into bf2 low grab is unsafe at -17 but still the mind games r real bro . This variation can deal tons of shit loads to stress out your opponents trust me but all that doesn't come cheap you need to sweet blood to kill your opponents with jax doesn't matter which variation you use .
You can definitely poke out of 4bf2 4, I just checked meaning there is no 50/50 with the low/overhead I was also able to poke out of 4bf2amp with 6f character trade with 7f characters (although it looks like it’s in Jax favor and it’s really tight ), and flawless block is also available for 4bf2amp or just wait cuz he’s negative a billion. I can’t however poke out of 4bf2 or 4bf2 grab so I’ll give you that. Every other bf2 attempt gets poked out of besides 4, a high, that can get krushing blowed. That’s ass bro. And if I’m looking at risk reward the opponent should just d1 90% of the time. What do They risk? Not even 10% damage if the do bf2 or bf low vs Losing my turn. Now at this point Jax has to start risking his life to open the opponent up off just s4 since everything else is fake, you find any other string that jails into it let me know though

thlityoursloat

kick kick
You know who else has 9f mid full combo confirms? The other Briggs, and she can do that in any of her variations. She also gets the luxury of absolutely demolishing the neutral game by flying across the screen into oh/low and cancel mixups, so.
How does he get 40% btw..? bf3 Kb? Otherwise he gets about 30% midscreeen.

How come Jacqui gets to steal her father's most iconic move anyways? Why is her 9f mid -2 by itself while Jax's is in the double digits? Why the does the last part of the f3 string do 13.5% meanwhile HD 1+3 does 11%? Why does Jax get a shitty gimmicky variation 3 meanwhile Jacqui gets a game breaking one?
Perhaps it has to do with how nobody liked her in MKX so they felt they had to overcompensate.
#bufff3

GB definitely needs buffs. It's supposed to be his proper combo variation yet it can't even do that properly because only like 3 of your buttons launch, and one is an 11f high and the other is his jab by itself. Tf is up with that.

You know who else has 9f mid full combo confirms? The other Briggs, and she can do that in any of her variations. She also gets the luxury of absolutely demolishing the neutral game by flying across the screen into oh/low and cancel mixups, so.
How does he get 40% btw..? bf3 Kb? Otherwise he gets about 30% midscreeen.

How come Jacqui gets to steal her father's most iconic move anyways? Why is her 9f mid -2 by itself while Jax's is in the double digits? Why the does the last part of the f3 string do 13.5% meanwhile HD 1+3 does 11%? Why does Jax get a shitty gimmicky variation 3 meanwhile Jacqui gets a game breaking one?
Perhaps it has to do with how nobody liked her in MKX so they felt they had to overcompensate.
#bufff3

GB definitely needs buffs. It's supposed to be his proper combo variation yet it can't even do that properly because only like 3 of your buttons launch, and one is an 11f high and the other is his jab by itself. Tf is up with that.
No lie it took me months to get over the fact she took his dash punch

i noticed something , on console jax kb on quad grab is wayyyyyy easier than on pc ? anyone els ? i mean i have 100% success on console.

is the frames the same ? something feel different big time for me.