What's new

Jax General Discussion

Goatse

Noob
Yeah. I used to have a rhythm down that had me landing it 10 times out of 10. What is really helping me now is watching the impact on the floor. The first two I never miss, but the third hit is a little tricky. What method do you all use?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
So I watched ECT pools 2 and Straton or Station(cant remember his name)

Used Ringer and I did not see him use Ringers new strings at all... I wonder what his reasoning was he was also playing against Katina Prime he beat him with ease but then got crushed by Scar I believe. I have seen a couple of Gunshows streams and he always used it I wonder what the disconnect was...

You can enforce 3-4x the mindgames with that string alone. 221122.....

I wonder what are the stats on NRS side for the success rate of the Command grab KB now outside of practice mode. that Difficulty nerf wasnt needed.

Jax is pretty good but i dont think hes broken. its stupid to lose 2 bars for missing a 2-3f link. trying to cmd grab is super risky in this game.

honestly i would like his bf2 to have 2f less on startup and his f4 to be at least +2 instead of +1. Jax does no dmg outside of his kb

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I wonder what are the stats on NRS side for the success rate of the Command grab KB now outside of practice mode. that Difficulty nerf wasnt needed.

Jax is pretty good but i dont think hes broken. its stupid to lose 2 bars for missing a 2-3f link. trying to cmd grab is super risky in this game.

honestly i would like his bf2 to have 2f less on startup and his f4 to be at least +2 instead of +1. Jax does no dmg outside of his kb
That KB is just horrible now.
Worked my ass off practicing dbfb (FUCKING FOUR DIRECTIONAL INPUTS FOR ONE MOVE), bet all my meter on the KB to take the round aaaaaaaaand I drop it.
How about they fix f42 so it doesn't whiff on crouch blocking Shao Kahn? Imagine the mind games if you actually had to duck it. f4 bf2 or f42.. mm yeah. Same mind games as f33 1+3 or f33 bf2 to blow up flawless blockers.

That KB is just horrible now.
Worked my ass off practicing dbfb (FUCKING FOUR DIRECTIONAL INPUTS FOR ONE MOVE), bet all my meter on the KB to take the round aaaaaaaaand I drop it.
How about they fix f42 so it doesn't whiff on crouch blocking Shao Kahn? Imagine the mind games if you actually had to duck it. f4 bf2 or f42.. mm yeah. Same mind games as f33 1+3 or f33 bf2 to blow up flawless blockers.
NRS just hate jax , they always had just wait they will nerf him again next patch. Just watch

the input is dbf+1 what i do with the ds4 pad to make the input easier is db then quickly f+1 instead of 1 motion. but the timing on the last slam for the kb is ultra tight even on pc i dont get how people manage to do it on console with all that input lag.

Last edited:
NRS just hate jax , they always had just wait they will nerf him again next patch. Just watch

the input is dbf+1 what i do with the ds4 pad to make the input easier is db then quickly f+1 instead of 1 motion. but the timing on the last slam for the kb is ultra tight even on pc i dont get how people manage to do it on console with all that input lag.
Hmmm you know that db then forward motion actually makes a lot of sense especially since I played a lot of street fighter

Hmmm you know that db then forward motion actually makes a lot of sense especially since I played a lot of street fighter
i figured out this trick because my ds4 dpad keep breaking after a time. i can do the 1 motion dbf with a brand new pad for about a week then it doesnt work anymore so i need to use that trick

HiddenSelectCounterPick

He shouldnt do tons of dmg because he CAN get plenty of dmg throught the match., he has great buttons and ways to get in. Also try GB Jax he has dmg.

"People need to stop just playing what currently works"

I'm just being real most of you playing jax just use HD because of easy dmg. Hes a grappler. It should be hard to do that CmdG cause it does so much dmg, meter still grows on block and immediately after you spend it. As Tom Brady said HOLD IT.

Fighting games are never supposed to be TOD . Im not arguing but people want a fast match off of 2 touches and thats not how I ever envisioned a fighting game. I think dmg should be toned down for a supposted "neutral"

The idea of whining because they made something harder. Of its that hard use a different varation lets be honest HOW DEEP AND COMPLEX IS HD JAX....

This is to all of you come on now we are fgc we all have big brains use it on a different variation. If you want to play cheap you better get good at it meaning learn the cmdg timing cause thats all you meed to know cause HD jax is autopilot.

I main GB Jax and Ripper kano I love Cmd Grabs. Also Command kano on MKX if you want it just lab.

Last edited:
You are correct on the F4 but, he shouldnt do tons of dmg because he CAN get plenty of dmg throught the match., he has great buttons and ways to get in. Also try GB Jax he has dmg.

"People need to stop just playing what currently works"

I'm just being real most of you playing jax just use HD because of easy dmg. Hes a grappler. It should be hard to do that CmdG cause it does so much dmg, meter still grows on block and immediately after you spend it. As Tom Brady said HOLD IT.

Fighting games are never supposed to be TOD . Im not arguing but people want a fast match off of 2 touches and thats not how I ever envisioned a fighting game. I think dmg should be toned down for a supposted "neutral" heavy game.
HD is far from EZ dmg you gotta work hard for your dmg and once again doing the cmd grab is risky af while some characters like noob or sub just touch you and do even more witout kbs. for one bar while jax has to risk his life and then even with the right reads needs a 2-3 frame link ? why thats is just bad design.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

HD is far from EZ dmg you gotta work hard for your dmg and once again doing the cmd grab is risky af while some characters like noob or sub just touch you and do even more witout kbs. for one bar while jax has to risk his life and then even with the right reads needs a 2-3 frame link ? why thats is just bad design.
If the cmd grab didnt have a 2 bar option nobody would be complaining. Jax has universal KBs. He does not need the Cmd Grab one imo. I like to work hard in fighting games if youre not then your just point shooting in call of duty auto pilot.

Im just a guy who got whooped by his brother in every fighting game known to man for years; we played till i gave up talking 100s of games in one sitting. Now my brother doesnt even buy fighting games because I to work hard at it, cause i wanted to get better not to just simply use what works

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Jax downplay?

xD
I main jax..........i hate on hd players cause they think all that mix is working hard.......mix to death and oh yea let me do this easy 450dmg kb whatever man its a fighting game its not supposed to be easy.

Since you're not in the lab with HD Jax for combos obviously get in there and practice that Cmd Grab KB

I main jax..........i hate on hd players cause they think all that mix is working hard.......mix to death and oh yea let me do this easy 450dmg kb whatever man its a fighting game its not supposed to be easy.

Since you're not in the lab with HD Jax for combos obviously get in there and practice that Cmd Grab KB
your not a jax main you dont even know his dmg output , it doesnt do 450 dmg it does 350 not saying its not enough but thats is low dmg for 2 bars and from a high. its unbreakable wich is good it doesnt change the fact that for the risk reward its not in jax favor. offline i dont have problem landing the kb but online its rng.

its still stupid thats its a very fucking short window to get it. obviously you dont play jax cause you would know that the other two variation are trash and reactible.

jax hd mix ups is unsafe both ways. f2d4 is unsafe full combo f2 1+3 has a gap for fb and can be flawless block into full combo. the dmg isnt great if you dont have your arms heat up. jax isnt shit im not downplaying him i thinks his actually top 10 but that difficulty nerf is retarded and nobody convinced me otherwise yet.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I am a jax main i have 2k wins with him online every other character is under 100 besides my Kano which has 1k.

Every character has unsafe stuff plus you dont have to commit to anything in HD because he can d1 into bf2 amp come on bro use all of his tools. That variation is so easy stop playing with me....

HiddenSelectCounterPick

You sound silly

"jax hd mix ups is unsafe both ways. f2d4 is unsafe full combo f2 1+3 has a gap for fb and can be flawless block into full combo".

You're saying its risky you are scared to [comit]

to the mix up?
a gap?
a string?
Im on topic..
Thats why there are compensentory measures such as special moves/backdash....and not being predictable

calm down im not mad im saying the character already doesnt need to do combos he has a f3 which is strike throw f2 is also strike throw because both of those options have follow ups that the opp has to respect dnt be rude.

All of his kbs are easy to do besides the cmd grab one and maybeeeee b2 because its reactable.

Hes top 5 easiest dmg getter. In HD that is. I know you watched that Sonic Fox video
show us the full screenshot not just a crop out random jax stats that mean shit, you dont even know his output dmg "bro"
i never said that i dont know how to open up people with him or that i need to commit ? wtf are you talking about. Stay on topic or be quiet dude

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I'll just stop i guess cause clearly you dont want to lab the kb thats why you are getting flustered do you see the hrs i have played there? Lab..

I'll just stop i guess cause clearly you dont want to lab the kb thats why you are getting flustered do you see the hrs i have played there? Lab..
I and @deathstroke187 may not always see eye to eye but he’s the last person on here to accuse of not labbing. Dude is pretty well versed with Jax, the fact of the matter is there was no reason to make it harder, it was already hard to do and the right difficulty to me. Not everyone could do it but it was easier than other games.