What's new

Jax General Discussion

How do you guys feel about the new vari?
I don't know what to make of it yet, too busy struggling with the fucked up inputs.
When I see other people use it i think it's really good, when I use it I hate it because my fingers are dumb.

I think it has a lot of potential to fit comfortably in the current MK 11 strike/throw meta. Strong stagger game, okay midscreen damage, great corner damage, good unbreakable damage...I think it's just fine.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
When I see other people use it i think it's really good, when I use it I hate it because my fingers are dumb.

I think it has a lot of potential to fit comfortably in the current MK 11 strike/throw meta. Strong stagger game, okay midscreen damage, great corner damage, good unbreakable damage...I think it's just fine.
It has the best staggers and meterless damage without a doubt, and since they nerfed hunker down for no reason at all I think it's a contender now.
I just really end up missing the 1+3 strings.

Goatse

Noob
The nerf on hunker down doesn't amount to much. It's a matter of execution so it's not like the variations effectiveness was harmed any. I might be underestimating just how hard it's going to be but Im on pc so I don't have the patch yet. I picked up Jax because of the 1+3 stings in the first place.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The nerf on hunker down honestly doesn't amount to much. It's a matter of execution so it's not like the variations effectiveness was harmed any. I might be underestimating just how hard it's going to be but Im on pc so I don't have the patch yet. I picked up Jax because of the 1+3 stings in the first place.
I've already struggled a lot with it. It's a nightmare for me now.

The change in Jax's command grab timing definitely made it harder...but they added a sound cue (Jax says something) if you nail the timing on each rep. So you can A) practice and actually know where/if you screwed up and B) know whether to bother spending meter to try for it (oh he didn't say anything on the second rep, no need to waste bar).

I'm no where near a high execution player (there is a reason I play HD Jax haha) and i got the KB after 10ish games post patch.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The change in Jax's command grab timing definitely made it harder...but they added a sound cue (Jax says something) if you nail the timing on each rep. So you can A) practice and actually know where/if you screwed up and B) know whether to bother spending meter to try for it (oh he didn't say anything on the second rep, no need to waste bar).

I'm no where near a high execution player (there is a reason I play HD Jax haha) and i got the KB after 10ish games post patch.
Oooooooooh yeah, I play on low volume but I definitely heard him talk during his command grab. For me he only talked once so that was why I dropped it.

Oooooooooh yeah, I play on low volume but I definitely heard him talk during his command grab. For me he only talked once so that was why I dropped it.
Yep, it's great because even if you can't nail the KB consistently anymore you at least won't be wasting two bars to find out if you got it or not. If you play with headphones, even at moderate levels, his little voice lines are very clear

Yep, it's great because even if you can't nail the KB consistently anymore you at least won't be wasting two bars to find out if you got it or not. If you play with headphones, even at moderate levels, his little voice lines are very clear
thats wrong the oh yeah comes out if you did the last part correctly and you wasted your bar already.

that jax nerf wasnt needed its fucking stupid. good luck landing that constantly online with wifi players and 200ms players.

Goatse

Noob
Well the smart move would be to decline those matches in the first place. Not sure where all the KL praise is comming from. My KL experience has been mostly a headache.

its the last part that the window is too tight. thats not how you balance a character. not like its easy to force someone to stand there and block and not mash buttons or jump in mk11. dont punish for good reads.

the first two part again are ok i guess but the last part is retarded online and even offline to be honest.

DeftMonk

Noob
So uh move list says hand clap can he meter burned? Can’t get that shit to happen for the life of me. Also how long until u guys think they nerf that new 6-7 hit string being cancellable fuckin anywhere into bf2 mb. It’s like erron mkx with the tick throw

So uh move list says hand clap can he meter burned? Can’t get that shit to happen for the life of me. Also how long until u guys think they nerf that new 6-7 hit string being cancellable fuckin anywhere into bf2 mb. It’s like erron mkx with the tick throw
You have to have at least level to heat to meter burn it and they did it old school style where meter burn is 1 instead of r1 (or whatever you have it set to.) don’t know if they’ll nerf it since people don’t play the variation, also still think hunker down is better

DeftMonk

Noob
You have to have at least level to heat to meter burn it and they did it old school style where meter burn is 1 instead of r1 (or whatever you have it set to.) don’t know if they’ll nerf it since people don’t play the variation, also still think hunker down is better
So meterburn is hit 1 again? How the hell did u figure out that... weird. Ya I gotcha ( no pun intended) not like ground pound is gonna net you a lot.

alright the only tip i found for off line and online for Jax quad. last part

i did couple matches with different ping

0 ms (offline) to 60 ms
time your 3 right when you think the opponent will be just above jax head while bouncing back up

60 - 100 ms
time your 3 right when you think the opponent will be just at jax head while bouncing back up

100 ms +
you pray to the rng god

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
alright the only tip i found for off line and online for Jax quad. last part

i did couple matches with different ping

0 ms (offline) to 60 ms
time your 3 right when you think the opponent will be just above jax head while bouncing back up

60 - 100 ms
time your 3 right when you think the opponent will be just at jax head while bouncing back up

100 ms +
you pray to the rng god
Off topic; I really wish more of you just play GB Jax, he's more enjoyable.

Goatse

Noob
I was a little hasty in my judgment of the quad grab nerf. Its still fairly easy to lane even in yellow connetions.