What's new

Jax General Discussion

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
So I remember someone told me to stop cherrypicking my matches so here is a few straight ranked sets. I used mixer so the quality isnt great but it improves if it looks like trash just fast foward only one match is bad quality.

Tips would be appreciated but when Term is out im going to take a break from Jax once i figured him out. Thanks in advance to whoever can lend an eye.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
His third variation seems pretty good. Not as good as the first two (losing gotcha grab sucks) but its a fun change.

The clap launch takes most of Jax arm heat, I don't know if it was always like that or not. After the launch you only have enough for one missile so you can't get the KB, kinda disappointing.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Tbh I can see Ringer becoming a niche pick against Jade and NW but the patch only came out today so perhaps it's too early to say

Edit: both ground pounds being able to ignore reflect and glow is so nice

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
The plus frames off the new string are kinda iffy. Its plus 4 but pushes them out of range of f3. Kinda hard to enforce against some characters.

Tbh I can see Ringer becoming a niche pick against Jade and NW but the patch only came out today so perhaps it's too early to say

Edit: both ground pounds being able to ignore reflect and glow is so nice
From what I've heard, Jade is the exception. Ground pound works against every other reflect but not Jade's glow.

His third variation seems pretty good. Not as good as the first two (losing gotcha grab sucks) but its a fun change.
If he had gotcha grab instead of clap I would argue it could be his best variation. I know hunker down is good but having a low hitting ground pound that you can combo off of and having an unblockable ground pound is huge.

Yes, this is not the way to tone down a character (if it had to be done in the first place). Pros will still be able to do it, while casuals will get frustrated. Failfish..
NRS always hated jax , they kept nerfing him in every single game untill hes trash tier then they leave him alone. this is not really a nerf its just making his kb more frustrating cause if you dont get it you lose 2 bars. not like dbf motion isnt frustrating enough. and not like the online isnt helping too.

this make me salty.

NRS always hated jax , they kept nerfing him in every single game untill hes trash tier then they leave him alone. this is not really a nerf its just making his kb more frustrating cause if you dont get it you lose 2 bars. not like dbf motion isnt frustrating enough. and not like the online isnt helping too.

this make me salty.
Yeah I was debating between sticking with HD or switching to the new variation but after making the quad grab KB even tighter I'm switching to the new variation. The new variation is more like MK9 Jax anyways which is my favorite Jax.