What's new

Jax General Discussion

Were we always able to do f4,bf2? It links if it hits and comes out on block as well. I could have sworn it wasn’t special cancelablle and all you could do was f42

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Were we always able to do f4,bf2? It links if it hits and comes out on block as well. I could have sworn it wasn’t special cancelablle and all you could do was f42
Well with F4 being plus 1 they shouldn't be able to interrupt unless they are Geras and trade D1s.

So doing bf2 after it is kind of a big risk if they just block as it's full combo punishable. Unless of course you amp it.

Well with F4 being plus 1 they shouldn't be able to interrupt unless they are Geras and trade D1s.

So doing bf2 after it is kind of a big risk if they just block as it's full combo punishable. Unless of course you amp it.
Yes of course I’d amp it, I know it’s plus but I dislike it cuz it’s only plus 1 so really all we really get is a d1 and against 6frame characters we don’t even get that. So my logic was this is a way to stop them from poking back

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So I've been messing around with his custom moves.
He has this one where it makes his s2 actually useful by giving him like a 6!) hit string, 221122, and if you cancel 2211 into gotcha grab that's like potentially 10 hits so your arms are going to be hot and then some. I keep thinking how much more sense it would've made if it was in hunker down, since that variation is all about heating his arms up and KBs, instead of that air grab that just seems to be there for some reason and is only really useful when you jump kick and can't convert otherwise.
That and he gets a launching ground pound that's unblockable on MB. Damn, it hurts to see such good moves locked behind casuals.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Honestly, I think GB is his counter-zoning variation. D&W actually goes under projectiles and you can launch from it. Plus you got the projectile absorber but it's kinda slow on recovery. It would actually be solid if he had worthwhile damage to compensate for the loss of KB's and how meter intensive this variation is. It's not a particularly scary rushdown variation due to people being able to full combo interrupt db4 ender on block. You can always use Gotcha but unless it's the corner it's not really scary, and the 1 ender is turn-ending, Flawless blockable and just not very rewarding.

HD is still a super solid rushdown variation. I used to really dig GB but the more I use it, and the better my opponents become the glaring weakness just becomes more and more apparent unfortunately
GB is definitely not his anti-zoning variation. HD's bf2 is way better than either parry or GB bf2 as an anti zoning tool. Parry is ok at full screen, but kind of net 0, because you still then need to use your own projectiles. You're never going to win a zoning war (against a zoner) because bf3 is a resource, and db2 is pretty bad. GB's bf2 is a bad anti zoning tool because the range at which you can actually use it to punish a projectile is too close to be reacting to the projectile, so it just comes down to hard reads which can get you full combo'ed and back to full screen. I hope by now everyone knows how bad the "mixups" off bf2 are now, too.

HD is the overall the better variation for most matchups imo. The matchups where GB shines are Raiden, Sub Zero and Sonya. Raiden and Sonya are for enforcing big damage punishes (s1xxbf2 AMP is a really consistent punish to sonya's overhead), while in the Sub MU the parry is actually really good, allowing us to play very slow and force Sub to approach.

Trevor

Noob
Didn't you guys notice? I was checking out the gear after the patch and the freaking classic arms have been moved to the krypt now. I already got eveything out of the krypt and those respawned chests give nothing but consumables. Now that they patched the towers with rewards the for character you use, they switch the classic arms to the krypt. These dudes are straight up trolling us.

Oh and waiting for the classic skins is not the same. The classic Jaz Spandex suit sucks in my opinion. It's a skin bundle, not the classic arms for use as you wish in any skin, so the search continues. I guess I'll have to dump millions into that damned shrine to get them.

Last edited:
Didn't you guys notice? I was checking out the gear after the patch and the freaking classic arms have been moved to the krypt now. I already got eveything out of the krypt and those respawned chests give nothing but consumables. Now that they patched the towers with rewards the for character you use, they switch the classic arms to the krypt. These dudes are straight up trolling us.

Oh and waiting for the classic skins is not the same. The classic Jaz Spandex suit sucks in my opinion. It's a skin bundle, not the classic arms for use as you wish in any skin, so the search continues. I guess I'll have to dump millions into that damned shrine to get them.
Yes I know it’s in the krypt yet but when it says “from the krypt” and not where, people say that means it’s unobtainable. Be that as it may, I’ve gotten skins that say they are found in specific spots of the krypt as a reward since the patch so that’s why I’m hoping. I don’t think we can get it yet though